• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Total Recall remake (2012)

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53284

f'ing really? does this movie have to be remade? the original is perfect as it is. i'm not opposed to a new movie set in the Total Recall universe, but a complete reboot seems unnecessary.

johnny-cab.jpg

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd rather see originality sure, bit if they want to throw their bucks against it and make a remake then I'm not gonna stop them. I don't understand why people hate remakes being made so much. It's not like it erases the original from the planet, nor does it mean you -have- to watch it in the first place.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They already remade The Karate Kid so fuck it all!!

FUCK IT ALL TO HELL

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
They already remade The Karate Kid so fuck it all!!

FUCK IT ALL TO HELL
:rofl1: Agreed.
Some of them just baffle me. Remaking Conan.. remaking Masters of the Universe.. etc and so on. I understand the desire for a revamp, but props to the classics. I prefer when things are more like sequels/prequels than remakes.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Remakes generally don't bother me at all. If the first movie was good then it has been my experience that I can rely on the remake to not totally suck.

There are some movies that are sacred cows "Gone With the Wind", "The Maltese Falcon", "Chinatown", and "A Clockwork Orange", "The Empire Strikes Back" and a few other five star classics would come to mind.

Willywonka/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was a close call but I thought the remake was decent enough to be given a pass as a "tribute movie".

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked the scene with the fly in the new karate kid movie.

That pretty much sumarizes the movie in in contrast to the original.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If it's a remake of Total Recall then I don't care about it. If it's a new version of We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, then I'm all for it. Too bad Phil couldn't actually make money while he was alive.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I originally read this thread title as "Total Recall Mistake". I see that my initial reading wasn't too far from the truth.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I knew this was happening like three years ago. And I just didn't wanna believe it.

93JC

Open your mind.

[YOUTUBE="a8_Ts5fMVho"].[/YOUTUBE]

I'd like to see what they do with it before I pass judgement.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Everyone likes to hate on remakes

I'm not sure why

Then again, The Wicker Man (Nicholas Cage 2006 edition) is one of my favorite films ever...

Then again, Total Recall was pretty much perfect the first time around...

I guess

We'll see

Maybe I won't see it

nah I will

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
the market is over-saturated with remakes, reboots and rehashes. i know there has to be some talented writers in hollywood who are having their orignal scripts thrown into vaults or bonfires, cause they ain't showing up on screens. like, do we really need another spiderman rehash? didn't sam raimi just finish a fucking trilogy a few years back?

MBTI Type
INTJ
the market is over-saturated with remakes, reboots and rehashes. i know there has to be some talented writers in hollywood who are having their orignal scripts thrown into vaults or bonfires, cause they ain't showing up on screens. like, do we really need another spiderman rehash? didn't sam raimi just finish a fucking trilogy a few years back?

All it takes for that to happen is for people to line up and buy tickets to original movies instead of jizzing all over Transformers 3. Show them they'll make money doing it, and they'll make documentaries about paint drying.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All it takes for that to happen is for people to line up and buy tickets to original movies instead of jizzing all over Transformers 3. Show them they'll make money doing it, and they'll make documentaries about paint drying.

That's not quite true. Otherwise we'd have a whole lot more movies about Jesus after Passion of the Christ.

We'll see if Bridesmaids changes Hollywood's tune about letting women be funny leads.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just a few remakes that were better than the originals:

• Poseidon
  • The Wolfman
  • The Fly
  • The Ring
  • Red Dragon
  • Batman Begins
But Colin Farrell cannot replace Arnold Schwarzenegger as Quaid/Hauser. Get his ass off of Mars.

And apparently, the one who played the "Two Weeks" lady is dead. You can't have Total Recall without "Two weeks!"

And the dude who's directing it, while having directed the best of the Die Hard sequels, along with Underworld, is not exactly in league with Paul Verhoeven.