• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies that make you cry (saddest movies)

A

Anew Leaf

"after the wedding". It's a Danish film and it is glorious in its sadness. One of the best movies I've ever seen.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
good =/= sad
And dude, what you call sad probably wouldn't make me bat an eyelash.
I'm kind of badass.
Not always, but there are some very good movies that are also very sad.

Additionally, I'm not sure we consider all the same things 'badass' exactly.

Plus, if they hardest thing you've had to watch is Butterfly Effect, that ain't exactly your mother's funeral. That's not even your goldfish's funeral.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I cried really hard at the end of King Kong.. that should indicate to you how easily movies can make me cry.

Edit: Only if no one's looking.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I finally got around to watching X-Men: First Class last night, and I teared up a couple of times... most notably the gun/satellite scene. I was emotional for a good part of that movie, I think because how doomed and tragic Charles and Erik's relationship was from the start due to their polarized perspectives, and the knowledge of how it had to end hanging over the entire movie despite their accomplishments. Phenomenal acting throughout... the snark, the gestures. Everything.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But: bad = unsad, because a bad film cannot achieve the seriousness required to evoke sadness.
Fair enough.
Not always, but there are some very good movies that are also very sad.
Yes.
Additionally, I'm not sure we consider all the same things 'badass' exactly.
I was joking.
Plus, if they hardest thing you've had to watch is Butterfly Effect, that ain't exactly your mother's funeral. That's not even your goldfish's funeral.
I should have clarified, I found one specific scene of the movie to be the saddest I've ever seen, not the whole movie.
I tend not to watch drama movies, as I find most of them pretty boring....I'm like ''where's the action?'' all the time.
Perhaps the saddest movie I've ever watched, considered as a whole, was Vanilla Sky.

W

WALMART

The only movie that has made me cry was Saving Private Ryan.

It was after I had been doing hours and days of research on the dynamics of battle; I made it through the entire movie without any emotional stirring.... but the final scene, where Ryan is kneeling over Hanks' grave... seeing the rows upon rows of soldiers who gave their life to keep tyranny off my doorstep....

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw E.T. for the first time since I was a young kid. Damn it, that death scene was sad.

Eternalowl

I cried watching these movies:
•Bridge to teribithia ( I know it's a cheesy movie but It still made me cry,
•This weird documentary about Indians that I had to watch in 5th grade
•And grave of the fireflies ( it's even sadder for me because the day I watched it that was the last day I saw my dad.)

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
•And grave of the fireflies ( it's even sadder for me because the day I watched it that was the last day I saw my dad.)
:(

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Once Upon A Time in America, Godfather, Donnie Brasco...anything nostalgic Mafia related. Love those films and they bring out my sentimental side!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Once Upon A Time in America, Godfather, Donnie Brasco...anything nostalgic Mafia related. Love those films and they bring out my sentimental side!

..I laughed at the end of The Godfather, when the guy keels over in the garden, with this toddler running around making monster noises.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The final scene of Armageddon. Bruce Willis sacrifices himself to save the Earth, those astronauts walking down the space shuttle's landing strip...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
..I laughed at the end of The Godfather, when the guy keels over in the garden, with this toddler running around making monster noises.

I just watched it, and there was no toddler running around, just a puppy sniffing his hat.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Is this the weird documentary from the 5th grade?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just watched it, and there was no toddler running around, just a puppy sniffing his hat.

What the hell did I watch, then... :blink: