• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies that make you cry (saddest movies)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh this film always fills me with a deep sense of sadness.
Fragility of the world, naivety of the masses. How easily it could all just stop.

(not sure if posted already but this is a link to the whole film)

[YOUTUBE="N9aHT-IlkHo"]When the wind blows (out the candle)[/YOUTUBE]

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This scene in Casshern Sins made me as close to crying as possible. Definately teary eyed. :tongue:

Casshern (the male) is an immortal robot, superior to any other and the cause of 'the great ruin', when he is engaged in battle, he generally loses his consciousness and becomes nothing more than a weapon that destroys all in its path. He is now traveling the world for a way to redeem himself or kill himself.

Sopita, the angel of ruin, is a robot that will wither and rust eventually, who wants nothing more than to feel alive. Only ruining other robots makes her feel anything.

This little dance between them, it embodies the hopelessness of the ruined world they now live in, and the desperate state both of them find themselves in. Both with opposing feelings and wishes, utter despair.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylutP4zuIfw"]Casshern Sins[/YOUTUBE]

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Dear Zachary (this is a documentary and it's on Netflix instant right now. It's really good, but it is also the hardest I've ever cried at a movie. This is not "if you cry then you're a wimp" stuff, it's "if you do not, you are some kind of monster" stuff)

:cry:

Waiting for Superman. I bawled at the end, which was kind of embarrassing since we were in public and all, but damn.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
I used to watch series movies few years before, I did cry when watching it. Its just suddenly made me into tears easily..Just now I like listening music more than watching tv.

viryan23

MBTI Type
INTP
That is one freaken hard movie to watch.

On that track Schindlers List gets me every time.

Historical themed movies can really be heart breaking. Amistad is also in my list.

But I'm more moved into tears by the movies showing relationships of animals with their owners as in Hachiko, starring Richard Gere and the very old animated move, The Fox and the Hound.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Inception had a really sad end to me. It's just that Cobb finds his way back home and you don't know if it's reality or not! :cry:

xisnotx

Permabanned
I think only one movie has ever made me cry.
Rugrats.
When Chucky and Tommy were arguing...I was like 9.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think only one movie has ever made me cry.
Rugrats.
When Chucky and Tommy were arguing...I was like 9.

My mother cried when she saw the Rugrats movie with my little brothers when they were young. She claimed it was hormonal, but I don't buy it because she cries at every film with anything even vaguely emotional.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No movie has ever made me cry. Probably the closest I've ever been to crying was when I watched The Butterfly Effect.
For the most part, when something bad happens to the characters, I tend to either expect them to have a ''shit happens'' attitude, or I'm laughing at them for acting recklessly.
But Butterfly Effect was different because it pictured situations on which the main character, with the best intentions, would with go from heaven to hell with no purgatory in between.
One minute he has a perfect life, with a hot gf, a great house, etc. Next, the woman that was supposed to be his gf is having sex with his best friend and he is a wheelchair because he has lost his legs and also his forearms.
Sick.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The Butterfly Effect made me cry because it was so bad. I wept for humanity that that film was made.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Blah. I guess I tend to value the idea more than the execution.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Butterfly Effect had some interesting parts... and I know this because it fell to pieces.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, butterfly effect was a disappointment. I guess I went in with expectations I shouldn't have though.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hate to say it, but if the saddest you've ever been watching a film is "The Butterfly Effect," you need to figure out where good movies are.

I know I've seen the Butterfly Effect (even know where: Cape Cod, 2005), but I haven't thought of it in probably at least 6 or 7 years and remember absolutely nothing about it except Ashton Kutcher is in it. It might be the most forgettable movie I've ever seen.

EDIT: My memory is literally a very specific image the room and a person I know saying "Hey, let's put in The Butterfly Effect!" and then the only thing I kind of remember over the next two hours is I think the movie had a lot of blue tinting.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hate to say it, but if the saddest you've ever been watching a film is "The Butterfly Effect," you need to figure out where good movies are.
good =/= sad
And dude, what you call sad probably wouldn't make me bat an eyelash.
I'm kind of badass.
I know I've seen the Butterfly Effect (even know where: Cape Cod, 2005), but I haven't thought of it in probably at least 6 or 7 years and remember absolutely nothing about it except Ashton Kutcher is in it. It might be the most forgettable movie I've ever seen.

EDIT: My memory is literally a very specific image the room and a person I know saying "Hey, let's put in The Butterfly Effect!" and then the only thing I kind of remember over the next two hours is I think the movie had a lot of blue tinting.
I tend to remember things people forget.