• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies that make you cry (saddest movies)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The ending of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King makes me cry every time.

Other than that, movies that I remember that made me cry are:
Driving Miss Daisy
Rudy
Forrest Gump (of course)
Life is Beautiful (again, of course)
The Wrath of Khan (because I am a shameless nerd, okay?)

I don't remember actually crying during too many other movies. I'm not counting anything during that horrible part of puberty when everything I watched EVER made me cry, though.

Oh yes to Driving Miss Daisy...and Fried Green Tomatoes.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
hotel rawanda was a good movie, the notebook as well. memento was kinda sad as well.

lane777

nevermore
Has anyone yet mentioned how abusive it is to make small children watch Bambi ?I have a vague memory of watching that in the theater when I was five or six and crying my eyes out.

Of course you would say that, when Batman Begins makes it on your list of saddest movies... :tongue:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was a kid I cried after watching The Little Mermaid. Not the happy ending Disney version, this animated one based on the original Hans Christian Andersen. Talk about depressing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Of course you would say that, when Batman Begins makes it on your list of saddest movies... :tongue:

I really hate when kids' parents die. I also hate it when someone loses a long term mate to death, like when there's two old people and one dies, or even movies like Atonement.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of Spock, Captain Kirk, and Data, Data's death was the saddest, and the suckiness of the movie didn't help. (And it was an even-numbed Trek too!!!)

EDIT: And was Ron Perlman supposed to be in monster make-up? I didn't really notice a difference at first.

lane777

nevermore
I really hate when kids' parents die. I also hate it when someone loses a long term mate to death, like when there's two old people and one dies, or even movies like Atonement.

Was only meant in jest :) I just didn't expect to find that kind of flick in a thread like this, it's not stereotypically a sad movie, that's all.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Was only meant in jest :) I just didn't expect to find that kind of flick in a thread like this, it's not stereotypically a sad movie, that's all.

But his parents get killed right in front of him when he's a little boy and it screws him up for life.

Silveresque

I've never cried watching a movie before, but I think the closest I've ever come was when I watched Artificial Intelligence. It gets incredibly sad toward the end :cry:

Simi

MBTI Type
ENFJ
7 Pounds made me bawl.
Pans Labyrinth is pretty sad, too.
A Little Princess.
Toy Story 3.
Oh, and the last Harry Potter film .____.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just watched Harry Potter 2 again (in 2D) and I ended up crying for one solid segment (don't read the spoiler unless you've seen the movie):

EDIT: Oh yeah... we have a spoiler tag now. :)

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A movie that gets me, is The professional.
I just saw Up the other day, and yes, I cried.
I bawled my eyes out in Hildago. It's the human, animal bond thing. I think I must have worked with horses in another life time.
Pan's labyrinth, I saw on a date. That was a bad move! I was trying so hard, not to ball my eyes out, but you know the wracking sobs that you have when you do that. My poor date had no idea what to do. So I was doing this whole laughing and crying thing, and comforting him. Needless to say, there wasn't a second date. He was horrified (I'm guessing he was embarrassed by me, but I wasn't the only girl in the theatre trying not to cry.)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pan's labyrinth, I saw on a date. That was a bad move! I was trying so hard, not to ball my eyes out, but you know the wracking sobs that you have when you do that. My poor date had no idea what to do.

That's a shame. It's not like he had to do anything. If any movie is going to make someone cry, it's that one -- it flips back and forth between the ache for beauty + the continual destruction of the same, it's so very painful to watch. The whole ending leaves me in tears badly enough I can't really breathe.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well the moral of the story is do more research before you chose a movie! Not that I regret seeing it, LOL. I guess it was just a bit overwhelming for my date, but yes, it was a heart wrenching movie.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Though it's kind of happy/hopeful tear in my eye.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Though it's kind of happy/hopeful tear in my eye.

I was waiting for someone to say thing. Unfortunately there were quite a few moment i could relate to a little too well, and some of the things Clementie says i have said almost exactly the same things.