• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies that make you cry (saddest movies)

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
'Dumbo' gets me every single time. If you've seen the movie, you'll know the scene I'm talking about.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
'Dumbo' gets me every single time. If you've seen the movie, you'll know the scene I'm talking about.

That reminds me!

The Iron Giant.

"...Superman..."

:cry:

Ingrid in grids

Babe and Babe: Pig in the City. I just can't handle it. Especially this one scene in Pig in the City. Between 1:00 and 1:20 in the trailer.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mARmXtTkVvY"]http://www.youtube.com/embed/mARmXtTkVvY[/YOUTUBE]

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm pretty sure that if I ever watched New Year's Eve I would punch myself in the groin, so I might cry.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was a kid I watched 'The Little Mermaid', not the Disney one, but one based on the original Hans Christian Andersen story. I cried.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I was a kid I watched 'The Little Mermaid', not the Disney one, but one based on the original Hans Christian Andersen story. I cried.

I still will never forget the original, when it described how walking on land for her was like stepping on daggers... and yet she forced herself to suffer anyway.

The Iron Giant.
"...Superman..."
:cry:

it always pissed me off that that made me cry... I mean, a word like "Superman"? It's so cheesy.

But I always cried anyway.

(The Giant was so simple, pure, noble, earnest, and it's all he wanted to be, choosing to run against his physical composition which was to be an instrument of war, even if it cost him everything to save everyone like that.)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
Though it's kind of happy/hopeful tear in my eye.

The end of that movie resonates so much with me, and it was kind of an eyeopener in my relationships, when I was judging conflict to be some sign that we weren't supposed to be together or weren't enough alike to make it work.

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
Eternal Sunshine is existentialist in its ending.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eternal Sunshine is existentialist in its ending.

I think it's an existentialism movie, in a sense, but I disagree with your spoiler.

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think it's an existentialism movie, in a sense, but I disagree with your spoiler.

Nah. I used to think that but

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah. I used to think that but

So your point is that it's both ambiguous AND a forgone conclusion? Pick one. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember hope or maybe the consolation that if it was a big mess all over again, it is precisely what should've happened and not be forgotten. So, I'll go with ambiguous.

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
So your point is that it's both ambiguous AND a forgone conclusion? Pick one. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember hope or maybe the consolation that if it was a big mess all over again, it is precisely what should've happened and not be forgotten. So, I'll go with ambiguous.

My point is that it's slightly ambiguous as in we don't technically know what will happen, but it is implied that the same thing will happen as before.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SPOILER AHEAD:

I rarely cry over movies but The Boy in the Striped Pajamas did it for me when the sweet and innocent Bruno dies in the gas chamber at the end.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The last one for me was a cheesy romantic comedy lol. I can't remember which

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Dear Zachary (this is a documentary and it's on Netflix instant right now. It's really good, but it is also the hardest I've ever cried at a movie. This is not "if you cry then you're a wimp" stuff, it's "if you do not, you are some kind of monster" stuff)

I just watched this... oh my... it was one of the most infuriating movies I've seen. It hurt on numerous levels. It was good though, I don't mean to convey it wasn't. :cry: