• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lord Stanley

Who will it be?

• Anaheim

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Detroit

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Ottawa

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why..he is only 42? For that matter... could you be a fan of Anaheim by any chance? He didnt get much action last game..except a few key saves..all in all this was a Detroit blow out...

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Why..he is only 42? For that matter... could you be a fan of Anaheim by any chance? He didnt get much action last game..except a few key saves..all in all this was a Detroit blow out...

42 is pretty damn old for a hockey player.

When Hasek played for Buffalo he was a jerk. He whined, faked an injury, attacked a reporter, and managed to make sure that the NHL's friggin' coach of the year (Teddy Nolan) wasn't rehired.

Plus, he looks like a penis.

And no I'm not a fan of Anaheim, although I do love every single "Mighty Ducks" movie. I'm a Caps fan.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've never seen this Dominik Hasek fellow but I had to Google him once I heard he looks like a penis. He really does!

(go 'Canes-- next year)

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
42 is pretty damn old for a hockey player.

When Hasek played for Buffalo he was a jerk. He whined, faked an injury, attacked a reporter, and managed to make sure that the NHL's friggin' coach of the year (Teddy Nolan) wasn't rehired.

Plus, he looks like a penis.

And no I'm not a fan of Anaheim, although I do love every single "Mighty Ducks" movie. I'm a Caps fan.

Wait... this is getting interesting... how did he attack a reporter..? And what was this story about Teddy Nolan... what team did he coach..

and about Hasek doing all of those things... really not surprised that much... its not all that uncommon among players who are deemed by others to be among the best in the world ... if not the best... this is just part of our vain human nature..to act this way in the face of elitism that has been bestowed upon us by others..

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
I've never seen this Dominik Hasek fellow but I had to Google him once I heard he looks like a penis. He really does!

See! I wasn't just name calling. He really does look like a penis.

0405UDUltimate-Hasek.jpg

Wait... this is getting interesting... how did he attack a reporter..? And what was this story about Teddy Nolan... what team did he coach..

Some simple googling would give you your answers.

He grabbed a reporter who wrote an article that basically mentioned that Hasek was weak minded. Hasek was fined and suspended for doing so.

As for Ted Nolan, he coached the Sabres (and now the Islanders), and even though he won the Jack Adams award for best coach that season, he wasn't rehired for the next season because Hasek didn't like him.

and about Hasek doing all of those things... really not surprised that much... its not all that uncommon among players who are deemed by others to be among the best in the world ... if not the best... this is just part of our vain human nature..to act this way in the face of elitism that has been bestowed upon us by others..

It's not surprising. But it doesn't give someone the right to act like a jerk.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Was Hasek really weak-minded..? I wonder what his type was..? SP or SJ..?

Of course all of that eminence doesnt give you a right to act like a jerk... success and power does not mean that you are better than those who do not have that... it just means that you probably had better opportunities to actualize your natural talents and your natural talents are in greater demand than those of other people... success in life largely is arbitrary and as Popper put it.. a 'matter of luck' how many games was Hasek suspended for for that stunt?

How much work did Hasek have to do to have Nolan sacked?

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Was Hasek really weak-minded..?

I dunno. I do think that was was exaggerating his "injury."

How much work did Hasek have to do to have Nolan sacked?

To be fair, I don't think that the GM of the Sabres liked Nolan either. But Hasek was the star of the team, the only reason that the Sabres got as far as they did in the playoffs that year (Eastern Conference finals, I believe). I don't think it took much convincing.

Also, they didn't fire Nolan. In order to keep up appearances, they only offered him a one year contract because they knew that he wouldn't accept something so short term.

Jesus. It's sad that I remember all of this stuff. Why can't I remember anything useful?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I dunno. I do think that was was exaggerating his "injury."

To be fair, I don't think that the GM of the Sabres liked Nolan either. But Hasek was the star of the team, the only reason that the Sabres got as far as they did in the playoffs that year (Eastern Conference finals, I believe). I don't think it took much convincing.

Also, they didn't fire Nolan. In order to keep up appearances, they only offered him a one year contract because they knew that he wouldn't accept something so short term.

Jesus. It's sad that I remember all of this stuff. Why can't I remember anything useful?

Ni only keeps in perspective what appeals to it..
not much else that is of practical nature....its a perceiving function... it stores what appeals to it very well.. and its individualistic in nature (introverted)

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
notta, I was a casual Caps fan (baseball is my preference) in the 1980s. The only goaltender I hated then was Ron Hextall of the Flyers. Granted, the whole Flyers team is hateable, but for a goalie to stand out in that crowd is saying something. No opposing player's legs were safe near his goal crease.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
notta, I was a casual Caps fan (baseball is my preference) in the 1980s. The only goaltender I hated then was Ron Hextall of the Flyers. Granted, the whole Flyers team is hateable, but for a goalie to stand out in that crowd is saying something. No opposing player's legs were safe near his goal crease.

The best thing about Ron Hextall is that his last name was so easy to chant. "Hexxxxx-taaaaaaal" Repeat.

The Flyers were hatable (and still are) especially when they had that goon Eric Lindros playing for them.

Sheesh, why is it that I turn into a name calling jerk when I'm talking about hockey? I don't hate anyone in real life.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Time to bring the cup back to Canada where it belongs.... although a lot of the players throughout the league are actually Canadians along with Europeans lol!

And next year I will cheer and hope for the Vancouver Cannots.... I mean Canucks knowning they do what they do every year *sigh* It's been so long since they were in the 'game' 7 games and the reffing in that last game 7 sucked, Vancouver so should of had it!

Chaselation

MBTI Type
INTP
A Detroit Ottawa final would be the best thing for hockey right now.

If Detroit wasn't in it I would give Buffalo the nod however. They have great fans have been in the league a long time and have many adopted Canadian fans not far across the boarder.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
A Detroit Ottawa final would be the best thing for hockey right now.

That's why I wanted the Rangers to win. That would have been the best thing for hockey.

The only thing I wanted to do today was watch the game, and the fucking Preakness coverage made it impossible. Grr.

Chaselation

MBTI Type
INTP
That's why I wanted the Rangers to win. That would have been the best thing for hockey.

The only thing I wanted to do today was watch the game, and the fucking Preakness coverage made it impossible. Grr.

Good game overtime and all.

Detroit has their part to do now. Maybe you can catch that game.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Good game overtime and all.

Detroit has their part to do now. Maybe you can catch that game.

I did see part of the overtime since they switched the broadcast station.

And I'll definitely be watching the game tomorrow, but I can't say that I'll be rooting for Detroit.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Face elimination tonight.

BWA-HA-HA.

The last game was a good one. It's was pretty ballsy of the Duck's coach to pull his goalie so early when they down in the third period.

I think the Duck's will win tonight. Do they deserve it? Hell no. They've been totally outplayed. That's what makes it so much sweeter.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Just to recap based on everyone else's post...

- Hasek not only looks like a penis, he is a penis. But goalies are notoriously strange creatures. Just ask Eddie "Billion Dollar" Belfour.

- The Red Wings are eminently hateable, if for nothing other
than "Hockeytown"

- I too, cry for Luongo.

- Ron Hextall is my favorite hockey player ever, and it's not even close. So there! He's like the kickers in football that make tackles...he wasn't just a goalie, he was a player.