• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many of you have made the move to purchasing music digitally?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
How many of you have made the change to purchasing your music almost solely online through iTunes and other similar mediums?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i do...i don't really want cds lying around cluttering up my place and getting scratched.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Considering it's almost just as easy (if not easier) to download online, illegally, do you still choose to use legit businesses to get your music?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was about to say... what is this ''purchasing'' you speak of?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yer a narc in-training, I bet... aren't you.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I, uh, obtain my music digitally, for the most part. When I was working regularly I'd buy CDs sometimes, for my collection. I tend to buy CDs when it's a favorite band of mine, because I can be something of a completest in that way. However, now that I've been short on cash for a bit & out of that habit, I don't know if I'll return to it. I support bands by going to shows a lot; that's how they make their living anyway.

G

Ginkgo

I can understand why some artists, such as the Killers, have relegated their music retail to online purchases; however, for the very reason they do this, I hate online purchasing. I hate that you need to have some magic key to mount Olympus to access a 3 second sound clip of Courage the Cowardly Dog farting just because you bought it on iTunes. I hate that you can't burn it to CDs, thus making it portable. I hate that they'll try to sell it to you passive aggressively since they already know you're probably a pirate when you're my age and you enter an electronics shop.

I'll buy a CD if I like the artist enough. Don't even test me man, I will. I'll fucking do it. Just don't pull this gimmicky sample serving music crap to convince me that you're a hip musical group. 'Cause you're not. You're just a stinky doodoo face head that stinks and poops.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't bought a CD in a long time :ninja:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[YOUTUBE="up863eQKGUI"]relevant.[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="hUCyvw4w_yk"]relevant sequel.[/YOUTUBE]

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I exclusively purchase music online now. It's been about 2-3 years since I bought a CD. I do occassionally check out a CD to the library and burn the tracks to my music library though (Shhhh, don't tell anyone).

G

Ginkgo

[YOUTUBE="up863eQKGUI"]relevant.[/YOUTUBE]

So what, the kids had no idea what they were doing, and the rapper gives them the breakdown of how to corrupt themselves through floppy cheese shaped floppy disks...

No negative consequences.

Lol.

90's.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How many of you have made the change to purchasing your music almost solely online through iTunes and other similar mediums?

I'm about 65/35 digital; there's some things I like getting liner notes for. But iTunes also carries a lot of stuff that I'll never find in the local stores, even the mainstream music (old releases/artists).

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still purchase a combination of both. Sprinkle in a little piracy... but a helluva lot less than I did in my early twenties.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I buy 99% of my music on iTunes but sometimes the song isn't available so I will download it in another way.

I love the neat and organized way of iTunes purchases but I do sometimes waste money by deleting songs I regret buying and dislike. I spend very little money on music so it's fine for me.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Only if a song is exclusively on iTunes will I buy it there. Often these are obscure bands without a label.

Otherwise, I buy vinyl. It sounds better.