• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
for reals!

ps: i had a notion you liked horror flicks, something of yours kinda gave it away haha

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see why it would be...it has the makings of an ideal scary movie. there are plenty of scenes that'll make you jump.

I don't really care about "jumping". Startling me is not the same as scaring me. Creep me out. Make me sleep with the light on.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't really care about "jumping". Startling me is not the same as scaring me. Creep me out. Make me sleep with the light on.

i think the film had some of that too actually, not only jumpy scenes, but some scary ones that would make you want to sleep with the lights on.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Seen it? Faithful to the novella, strong chraracters, closely abides by its own themes of losing hope in the face of death ...

The computer effects we're so convincing in the color version, but the effects were originally intended for a black and white film. The studio forced Darabont to release it in color.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought The Descent was boring. The Mist was good until the ending. I liked the book's more ambiguous ending.

I also liked The Mist on account that Frank Darabont is typically exceptional at adapting King's work.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I thought The Descent was boring. The Mist was good until the ending. I liked the book's more ambiguous ending.

I also liked The Mist on account that Frank Darabont is typically exceptional at adapting King's work.

I loved that ending. A real kick in the head. Darabont said he was basically trying to create an extended Twilight Zone episode, and I thought he accomplished it perfectly. The movie's reception wasn't all that great, but I have a feeling it'll be a cult hit in years to come. The horror fanboy community has really embraced the flick. :D

Oh, Uber, by the way, I didn't mean to sound like I was making some kind of judgement call on your tastes. I have a bunch of friends who loved the first Transformers -- although I have yet to hear back from them about the second. I think Bay's best movie is The Rock, and admittedly, I enjoyed Con Air as a piece of explode-y fluff.

In terms of crapitude, Uwe Boll has Bay beat, hands-down. :) Boll can't even make an explosion fun.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Uber, I bet you're happy that Transformers is #1 this weekend. (Not that I had any doubt.) Another sequel is pretty much a lock. :)

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Saw the new Transformers tonight, and was disappointed. Far too many comic-relief characters, and also too many scenes of Shia Labeouf and Megan Fox running away from explosions.

Once again I wonder how it might have all turned out if they'd given the making of the transformers movies to the Japanese, as nature intended. I suspect it would've ended in tears. Glorious, noble, bittersweet and thought-provoking tears.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Being There with Peter Sellers. Fantastic! Touching, gentle, and poigniant. Brilliant dialogue. God, I never expected to like it as much as I did, and I can't gush about the movie enough.

It's about a man, a simple man with "cottage cheese between the ears" who only calls himself "Chance ... the gardener". He can't read, he can't write, he only likes to watch TV. His entire vocabulary is made up of sentences that he repeats from the television shows he watches. He is thrown out of his lifetime home and left to fend for himself, and through a series of random chances, he gets involved with a rich family with close ties to the President, who mistake his name as "Chauncey Gardiner." All of these people think he's gentle and sage, a very wise man with a profound outlook on life. Next thing you know, he's a celebrity.

Brilliant movie. I can't recommend it enough.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sAl3iq0J7g"]Being There Trailer[/YOUTUBE]

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The Time Machine remake with Guy Pearce.

You can skip it.

Annyong

MBTI Type
ENTP
I recently saw Rushmore and Howl's Moving Castle. I adored both, but Howl's Moving Castle was absolutely beautiful! I recommend both of these great movies to any human.
I'm glad too, because it's been a long time since I've seen a movie that was as good as these.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Vanishing Point. What a great movie! They should remake it. A great opportunity for advertising.

F

FigerPuppet

Just watched the last episode of Generation Kill. It was very good.

[YOUTUBE="dezFEsQvOKo"]Generation Kill[/YOUTUBE]