• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Tomb1

I've been educating myself on how to make bourbon. This Barrel-charring machine is incredible...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It looks like a SHIT-ton of Criterion Collection Blurays are half off (from max price) at Amazon -- basically $19.99.

Normally these films run you in the $30-40 range for the bluray -- typically includes a great transfer of the film in question, plus a lot of assorted extras including documentaries, interviews, commentaries, plus usually a printed-text insert (scholarly/critical article about the film).

So if there is anything you are looking for from Criterion collection, I'd recommend searching on it.

I noticed when checking in on Bluray.com, on their aggregate ongoing sales page.

Bluray dot com: Cheap Blu-ray Movies

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

This shit was my jam from ages 3-6, along with Roger Rabbit.

It actually holds up amazingly well. I feel like the characters are actually drawn really well, and the jokes are funny. Plus I love all those practical giant effects. Rick Moranis is really good, too "I guess I invented a new way of making apple sauce."

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

This shit was my jam from ages 3-6, along with Roger Rabbit.

It actually holds up amazingly well. I feel like the characters are actually drawn really well, and the jokes are funny. Plus I love all those practical giant effects. Rick Moranis is really good, too "I guess I invented a new way of making apple sauce."

Omg this is one of my all-time favorite movies! :D Nice :hifive:

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Antenna TV hosted the 40 year reunion of Three's Company. Don Knotts, John Ritter, and Suzanne Somers were no-shows but Richard Kline (Larry) looks amazing.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Antenna TV hosted the 40 year reunion of Three's Company. Don Knotts, John Ritter, and Suzanne Somers were no-shows but Richard Kline (Larry) looks amazing.

...aren’t those first two people dead? :huh:
I’d be disturbed if they did show up.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been really addicted to watching this series about spiral dynamics on YouTube.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not sure where to put this, but it was a reunion of "Family Ties" members from the 80's, which was one of my favorite sitcoms at the time.

I'm kind of stunned because barely any of them are recognizable. (Michael J. Fox is the most recognizable, and Marc Price, and I guess Meredith Baxter.) Check this picture out:

family-ties-12.jpg

I mean, check out Scott Valentine (he played Mallory's bf Nick). I recognize his face but wouldn't if I just saw him on the street.

Family Ties Reunion: 7 Things We Learned from the Cast | PEOPLE.com

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Servant. This is the M. Night Shyamalon TV series on Apple TV. It's great to see Claire from Six Feet Under in another series. I'm enjoying this. It raises lots of questions like LOST and it's typical MNS fare: slightly creepy with supernatural elements.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Finally got an HBO Max app (running on my fire stick) that allows me to use my TV for streaming that channel, rather than my phone or laptop, so that was cool.

It's like a hub for various thing, including Ghibli animated films (so I want to watch some of them), but also Cartoon Network stuff including old Powerpuff Girls and Teen Titans, Robot Chicken, Samurai Jack (which my son raves about), etc. It looks like I can finally start watching Doom Patrol as well.

And of course all of South Park. I spent MOnday night vegging out by rewatching a bunch of my favorite South Park episodes (including the WoW one, Fish Sticks, Mr. Garrison's Nose Job, Faith + One, the weapons one where Butters gets hit by a throwing star, etc.) I still can't believe some of the stuff they have gotten away with -- e.g., The China Problem, I think Spielberg hated them after that episode which is just mind-boggling in various ways.

THere's also the old movie channel (probably bits of TNT?). I tried watching Singing in the Rain but only made it about 15 minutes; for films like that, the dancing is pretty talented but I just don't get much out of the film and dramatic style myself. I had issues with White Christmas too... just bored after awhile.

But there are some old films I've connected better with (Hitchcock stuff, The Third Man, The Philadelphia Story, All About Eve, Sunset Boulevard, etc). Also there are some films there that I have planned to watch for years but never have (Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon) that I need to watch.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
300 Amazing and Beautiful Movies Everybody Should Watch

185 of 300 · 62%
You did better than 92% of users on this list
Your rank: #207 of 2,597 users on this list
You beat the avg. score of 96

I actually own some of these I haven't seen but plan to watch.

I noticed once I hit the 90's through the following two decades, I've seen just about all those. There were very few of the 300 I'd never heard of before, most are on my "plan to watch" plans.

The stats page tallies a number of things, including a graph of the movies most seen through least... which is kind of interesting:
300 Amazing and Beautiful Movies Everybody Should Watch - Stats

------------------------------------------------

150 Surreal Movies

113 of 150 · 75%
You did better than 98% of users on this list
Your rank: #14 of 787 users on this list
You beat the avg. score of 43

Fun list.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8

was fabulous. i dont know if i mentioned it before but honestly this movie for some reason i couldnt take my eyes off it, several scenes i understand totally the mushrooms and her comment....his neurosis .. very well acted

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I started Sweet Home on Netflix while doing yoga, because I like to combine my Korean apocalyptic horror shows with total relaxation.