• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ive started watching the Netflix series on the Medici family. Its not exactly historically accurate but the setting in 15th Century Florence is great and the actors are all quite good - plus there's a lot of art references :wink:

True

Permabanned
MBTI Type
I
Watching Girls on HBO has been odd and somewhat fulfilling. But I feel like its substance is lackluster.

Lark

I discovered a whiles back that my TV actually plays youtube, so I've been able to watch some channels which have more videos uploaded than others in a chain, does anyone else do this and do you have any recommendations?

What about [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION]? You did recommend some good Reddit stuff once and other internety stuff, I've watched Jablinski games, tales from the internet, metal jesus rocks, a bunch of other gamers

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I discovered a whiles back that my TV actually plays youtube, so I've been able to watch some channels which have more videos uploaded than others in a chain, does anyone else do this and do you have any recommendations?

What about [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION]? You did recommend some good Reddit stuff once and other internety stuff, I've watched Jablinski games, tales from the internet, metal jesus rocks, a bunch of other gamers

I've mostly been sticking to Netflix lately. I watched The Looming Tower on Hulu. While I though the book was fantastic, perhaps too much time has passed and too much bullshit has entered my ears for me to have much patience anymore. One can only hear - mistakes were made - so many times.

I have really liked..

Trigger Warning with Killer Mike
Bill Murray Stories: Life Lessons Learned From A Mythical Man
Norsemen
The Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj
Rotten

Lark

I've mostly been sticking to Netflix lately. I watched The Looming Tower on Hulu. While I though the book was fantastic, perhaps too much time has passed and too much bullshit has entered my ears for me to have much patience anymore. One can only hear - mistakes were made - so many times.

I have really liked..

Trigger Warning with Killer Mike
Bill Murray Stories: Life Lessons Learned From A Mythical Man
Norsemen
The Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj
Rotten

:shock:

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Captain Marvel

Its not my favorite Marvel film (I'm more of an Iron Man type of guy) but it was fun and the 90s background was cool even if I don't remember that era so well

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I watched a few episodes of The Act on Hulu. It's a show about a girl whose mother makes her pretend to be ill. I had to stop watching at the dentist episode. It's just too monstrous for me. I probably wouldn't be as bothered if it were fictional, but I can't say for sure.

Lark

I watched a few episodes of The Act on Hulu. It's a show about a girl whose mother makes her pretend to be ill. I had to stop watching at the dentist episode. It's just too monstrous for me. I probably wouldn't be as bothered if it were fictional, but I can't say for sure.

Is that not a disorder? Munchousin by proxy or something?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is that not a disorder? Munchousin by proxy or something?

Why do you think I know names of psychological disorders? Well, I suppose I do, and you spelled it wrong. You shouldn't feel bad about yourself though. In fact, I give you permission to pat yourself on the back.

Lark

Rewatching Farscape since its in Prime now, realising, again, that most of these shows get edited for broadcast on UK terrestrial TV.

This show has not aged badly, perhaps not as badly as lower budget imitations like Andromeda, although its basically Buck Rogers, I like it so far.

Rewatching Farscape since its in Prime now, realising, again, that most of these shows get edited for broadcast on UK terrestrial TV.

This show has not aged badly, perhaps not as badly as lower budget imitations like Andromeda, although its basically Buck Rogers, I like it so far.

I believe the UK eps were typically five minutes longer than those aired in America. Not sure about Australia where it was filmed. Originally, Australia aired it on a children’s network because of Rygel and Pilot. It is definitely not a show for kids and takes a decidedly darker turn after the first season (series) episode Nerve.

It’s often been compared to Blake’s 7 in it’s formula for creating situations where the crew is definitely not all on the same page and I thoroughly enjoyed the blatant push to be opposite of Star Trek. In this case the closest thing to a federation is the draconian military of the Peacekeepers. The crew of Moya is a collection of criminals and misfits with absolutely no consensus on what to do week to week. It’s absolute anarchy the first two seasons at least. It may very well have been a very serious influence on Guardians of the Galaxy too.

Sorry, I know we have our differences but this is my favorite TV show ever and it’s so seldom discussed.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm watching the dark crystal. It's on prime. I haven't seen it in years, so I don't remember it

Blake’s 7. Since I mentioned it in a previous post about Farscape (definitely influenced by this show), I decided to start watching it. Yes it’s BBC 1970’s style- so the music, costumes, fight choreography, and not-so-special effects are utterly laughable, but I’m enjoying the premise.

The more realistic motivations of some of the characters typically absent from sci-fi of the period is appealing. The interesting disagreements between the very idealistic and passionate Blake and the pragmatic and unyieldingly logical Avon are proving to be interesting. Jenna seems to bring some balance between the two mixing a wish for a more idealistic future with a more grounded outlook. She believes in Blake’s cause while knowing full well it will probably end in disaster. I’m on episode 3 so it’s early.

Unfortunately, as tends to happen with a 40 year old TV series, the ending has been quite spoiled for me. Still, I’ll press on.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Blake’s 7. Since I mentioned it in a previous post about Farscape (definitely influenced by this show), I decided to start watching it. Yes it’s BBC 1970’s style- so the music, costumes, fight choreography, and not-so-special effects are utterly laughable, but I’m enjoying the premise.

The more realistic motivations of some of the characters typically absent from sci-fi of the period is appealing. The interesting disagreements between the very idealistic and passionate Blake and the pragmatic and unyieldingly logical Avon are proving to be interesting. Jenna seems to bring some balance between the two mixing a wish for a more idealistic future with a more grounded outlook. She believes in Blake’s cause while knowing full well it will probably end in disaster. I’m on episode 3 so it’s early.

Unfortunately, as tends to happen with a 40 year old TV series, the ending has been quite spoiled for me. Still, I’ll press on.
Glad you are getting the chance to see this. Avon is one of my all-time favorite characters.

For the uninitiated: