• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Holy

until you're fully grown
MBTI Type
PURE
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey
Parks and Recreation ( Season 1 & 2 )
Breaking Bad ( Season 4 )
Justice League Unlimited
Twin Peaks
Maron
__

Yu Yu Hakusho
Tatami Galaxy
Monster
Gurren Lagann
Sailor Moon ( sub )
Mushi-shi
__

Ikiru ( 1952 ) ; 10/10
Kashikoi inu wa hoezuni warau / Shady ( 2012 ) ; 6.5/10
Samsara ( 2011 ) ; 8/10

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
22 jump street 5 out of 5 stars. So worth it. Then I watched part of adventures in baby sitting when I got home, i need to finish that but I'm also liking it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I finally watched American Hustle over the weekend.
I have mixed feelings.

The movie didn't really take off for me until the halfway point. I felt like Jeremy Renner was miscast, while Louis CK was brilliant (for being the most underbilled guy in the movie). Everyone else was really good.

But... just didn't care much about the movie. I stopped twice while watching it, then came back later. The last hour held me better than the first hour. Nostalgia-wise, I appreciated hearing all the music I grew up with, but that's not enough to carry a movie.

The whole scene with DeNiro was actually pretty terrifying, especially when he starts talking Arabic. I had no idea how Irving and Co were gonna get out of that one.

Anyway, I can see why some of the performances might have been called out, but I can also see why it didn't win top honors in any category at the Oscars.

BWCB1890

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm currently watching "The Wire". It is a great show and a great deconstruction of the criminal procedural. It is better than all of the police shows that I have ever seen. There are multiple dimensions to characters, and even criminals can be portrayed sympathetically.

93JC

Zodiac. A lot longer than I thought it would be, and not as much about the murders as I thought it would be. Interesting retrospective but not as compelling as I had hoped.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
broad-city.jpg

this show speaks to me

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Lorenzo's Oil. Just to remind myself why I liked it the first time. It still holds up after 22 years.

93JC

Brazil. Interesting movie. I'd heard about it before, but never watched until today. A sort of satirical riff on "Nineteen Eighty-Four".

(That damn song is stuck in my head now.)

Last edited:

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Queen to Play. It was slow but good themed.

Funny cause it's about the queen having all the power in a chess game. But at the end of the movie one of the lines was, (paraphrasing) it's all just a game. I liked it overall. Definitely good dialogue.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My reluctant fascination with Russell Brand commanded me to watch The World According to Russell Brand, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Get Him to the Greek during the past week. Great fun, but it'll probably be a while before I need another Brand fix.

Nicodemus

I watched Noah, Darren Aronofsky's not unsuccessful attempt to showcase the various forms of ridiculousness inherent in the deluge myth.

Also, who would have thought that Anthony Hopkins could find another role as unsuited to him as that of Odin? Or that Douglas Booth looks even more gorgeous with long hair?

Mole

Permabanned
Calvary

I saw the movie Calvary the other night.

It is a well made movie with top flight actors, excellent cinematography, wonderful scenery, marvellous Irish humour, a great story line, and completely topical.

It is about child rape within the Roman Catholic Church.

Naturally one would think it would expose the criminalty of Vatican, offer some redress to the victim, and perhaps question the role Catholic theology plays in child rape.

But not a bit of it - the child rape victim ends up in jail, the criminality of the Vatican is not even mentioned once, instead we are offered an intelligent, humourous priest with personal integrity, as an innocent victim.

And worse the Catholic theology of an innocent scapegoat dying for our sins is affirmed in spades.

Yes, Calvary is an excellent propaganda movie which shows us what Catholics truly think about being caught raping tens of thousands of children and getting away with it.

Calvary is top line propaganda de fide.

No one does it better.

Click to see the trailer Calvary - Official Trailer (2014) Brendan Gleeson, Drama - YouTube

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Been spending a lot of time at a NT dorkfriend's apartment.

Am now obsessed with Doctor Who.

Saw episodes here & there over the years randomly, always heard good things about it, but never got around to seeing the series in full.
It's definitely my thing.

Just finished Season 2 of the reboot. Watched a couple of the very old episodes, and, hokey as they are, I enjoy them immensely, as well.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I think tonight was the premiere of the new season of The Legend of Korra. I missed the first episode but the second one seems interesting.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't say Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was better than Rise, but the apes this time around are totally convincing 90% of the time. To all the vfx artists and animators, very nice work. Andy Serkis gets way too much credit and the ape animators deserved top billing every bit as much as Serkis did. He's really only a decent actor with the help of fx artists.