• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Place Beyond the Pines. It gets the kquirk stamp of approval.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just watched Timer. I have a new affinity for John Patrick Amedori.

I disapprove of the movie though.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why? Did you ask too many questions?

What questions would I be asking? You mean at the end? Well to be honest...No. I don't care to ask those questions. I don't care if they get together or not. I was captured by the kid's ability to be genuine, therefore I think she should have ended up with him (despite how unrealistic it might have been.) I'm angry at that main character for giving into her judgerness. She should have taken the timer off with her sister. She shoudn't have abandoned her sister like that. After that scene where she didn't get it removed, I was just sad. I stopped relating to her. And I didn't like her anymore. And she can't get together with the guy at the end cause that's the sister's interest. The timers meant nothing to me by the end, I saw them as a bs irrelevant premise. :shrug:

I'm assuming you saw it? If so, what was your opinion? Did you like the movie?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What questions would I be asking? You mean at the end? Well to be honest...No. I don't care to ask those questions. I don't care if they get together or not. I was captured by the kid's ability to be genuine, therefore I think she should have ended up with him (despite how unrealistic it might have been.) I'm angry at that main character for giving into her judgerness. She should have taken the timer off with her sister. She shoudn't have abandoned her sister like that. After that scene where she didn't get it removed, I was just sad. I stopped relating to her. And I didn't like her anymore. And she can't get together with the guy at the end cause that's the sister's interest. The timers meant nothing to me by the end, I saw them as a bs irrelevant premise. :shrug:

I'm assuming you saw it? If so, what was your opinion? Did you like the movie?

What I liked about the movie was, the two kids that had backing from the devices as to why it would work between the two. Which forced the parents to acknowledge it and not interfere by projecting their fears onto them. Usually the case when two different types of family background meets.

As for her and the younger guy, I think it was a moment of excitement, because they were both breaking the rules. Not sure if it would have worked in the long run.

Wasn't the best movie. But I liked the idea that they explored.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What I liked about the movie was, the two kids that had backing from the devices as to why it would work between the two. Which forced the parents to acknowledge it and not interfere by projecting their fears onto them. Usually the case when two different types of family background meets.

As for her and the younger guy, I think it was a moment of excitement, because they were both breaking the rules. Not sure if it would have worked in the long run.

Wasn't the best movie. But I liked the idea that they explored.

Yea, ur right about the two families.

I know ending up with the younger guy long term wouldn't have probably worked out. The thing is he knew he loved her and she didn't have a clue what love was about.... She wasn't getting the point that life doesn't have guarantees and even if she finds true love by some timer there's still no guarantee that "the one" wont die or what have you.

And I liked the idea as well. It was an interesting story to follow, I wont deny that. I am just glad it's not real life. I don't think I would get the timer if it was real life though. Too much pressure. And I don't believe in being limited to just one person.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yea, ur right about the two families.

I know ending up with the younger guy long term wouldn't have probably worked out. The thing is he knew he loved her and she didn't have a clue what love was about.... She wasn't getting the point that life doesn't have guarantees and even if she finds true love by some timer there's still no guarantee that "the one" wont die or what have you.

And I liked the idea as well. It was an interesting story to follow, I wont deny that. I am just glad it's not real life. I don't think I would get the timer if it was real life though. Too much pressure. And I don't believe in being limited to just one person.

It was great for the kids because it was such a short time. Where as with her, it was unknown, or the time was ridiculously long like for her sister. I agree, too much pressure, if it doesn't go your way :huh:

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mandela, was interesting to me, another side of the story. Something I never knew. I guess I learn about my own country every day.

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I saw Blue is the Warmest Color last night. Recommended for all.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I watched Starlet. It was ok I guess. Long, with little depth. I liked the character development. I didn't get the ending though. And you could tell it was one of those movies that was all about the ending. Oh well.

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A couple of docs:

We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks: Entertaining, educational, and pretty unbiased. Highly recommended.

Blackfish: Definitely one sided, but no less horrifying and heart-wrenching because of it. Also recommended.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I watched One Last Thing. I found this movie to be funnier than I expected. I like Cynthia Nixon in general as well. Some parts are cheesy and superficial of course, but some parts were actually pretty good.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finally getting around to watching Breaking Bad…… several years behind the curve.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Getting caught up on Once Upon a Time after quitting in the middle of Season 2.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Saw Ender's Game last night. Quite violent for a kiddies movie.