• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Couldn't agree more. I just think that Dexter has such flawed taste in women. :dont:

Indeed -- missed opportunity!
... or not????
:greatscott:
It's still gross. :p

And what do you mean, by "lacks subtlety"? She's certainly mysterious, still.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And what do you mean, by "lacks subtlety"? She's certainly mysterious, still.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just watched another epic episode of Star Wars - The Clone Wars, and the events therein reminded me a bit of the Wizard of Oz and dang, I haven't seen that movie in ages, quite literally! It might well be worth it to go back and revisit that movie, just for good old times sakes.

A

Anew Leaf

season finale of Boardwalk Empire

*adds spoiler font too late* >.>

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, there are LOADS of flaws in the plot this season. Not just regarding that, but also regarding Dexter's life decisions, in general. He's not nearly as calculating as he should be / used to be. Like he's having a character breakdown that isn't being addressed nearly enough, by other characters OR by his more-oblivious-than-normal internal monologue.

As for you-know-who... I will say nothing about her, because I haven't watched tonight's episode yet and something may have happened there.

Nicodemus

season finale of Boardwalk Empire = TERRIBLE... (well except for that one scene that was super awesome.)

Sigh, what a stupid season. At this rate I will only keep HBO for Game of Thrones... unless they butcher season 3. :dry:
I curse you for making me read this before I could see the episode.

Nicodemus

season finale of Boardwalk Empire
I still liked it.

Good: Mr. Harrow; the Rothstein-Luciano encounter; losing the flower that has bugged me since season one. Bad: As in the end of season two, too much happens too fast; trying to win her back with money.

A

Anew Leaf

I still liked it.

Good: Mr. Harrow; the Rothstein-Luciano encounter; losing the flower that has bugged me since season one. Bad: As in the end of season two, too much happens too fast; trying to win her back with money.

Oh right, I forgot all about Rothstein's brilliant moves. I love that man. :wub: (She says after forgetting his wonderful move and thereby negating her love.)

I think the pacing is what got to me... This season has been very uneven. I am ok with slow episodes but I think they drew out too many slow ones and then had way too much to cram into the finale. The scene between Margaret and Nucky was rather ridiculous... He was all over the place with her.

also

Nicodemus

Oh right, I forgot all about Rothstein's brilliant moves. I love that man. :wub: (She says after forgetting his wonderful move and thereby negating her love.)
I like how it basically led up to the famous remark Lucinao made about Rothstein, that he taught him 'how to dress'. I am quite curious as to how they will turn that brute into the capo di tutti capi.

I think the pacing is what got to me... This season has been very uneven. I am ok with slow episodes but I think they drew out too many slow ones and then had way too much to cram into the finale.
I suspect they developed the story almost episode by episode.

The scene between Margaret and Nucky was rather ridiculous... He was all over the place with her.
The whole Batman act was rather silly.

A

Anew Leaf

I like how it basically led up to the famous remark Lucinao made about Rothstein, that he taught him 'how to dress'. I am quite curious as to how they will turn that brute into the capo di tutti capi.

Yes. That entire scene was just gorgeously done. I am not sure if that storyline will inspire me to come back next season though.

The whole Batman appearance was rather silly.

:laugh:

Ah, that is true. Yeah, I was momentarily concerned he was going to be an element of the next season (she says after saying she may not watch). (lmao, "relief")

Ohhh ok. He's finally learning. I can't help but wish that he would get killed off and Rothstein take over as the main character. Even though

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jane Eyre (2011). It was the first adaptation I'd seen, and I quite enjoyed it. Still need to get around to reading it...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
About to watch this:

"Legend has it, Tom Waits had his larynx replaced by a gizzard and has to eat gravel every hour on the hour to maintain his brimstone growl."

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For those Americans who aren't allergic to subtitles, some kindly soul has uploaded the current (and final) series of Forbrydelsen III (The Killing) which is awesome. (Not great quality though)

Second best thing currently on TV is The Hour, which is (supposedly) the BBC's answer to Mad Men but with better plots, better dialogue, better acting and less nauseating sexism.
(Though I watch it principally because I'm in love with Ben Whishaw.)