• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haywire
So Steven Soderbergh makes a Bourne-like action-thriller starring a non-actor MMA star (Gina Carano) in which it seems as if every Hollywood leading man of the last three decades wants to kill her (Channing Tatum, Michael Douglas, Antonio Banderas, Ewan McGregor, Michael Fassbender). The action and chase scenes are very good, Carano knows how to move like the athlete she is. I read some reviews that trashed her acting ability, but I thought she was adequate. It's true in the non-action scenes she's a bit stiff and lacks any sort of charisma. She also is 100x more comfortable sprinting down an alley than walking around in a dress. Thankfully most of the movie has her on the run. The reason they want her dead is flimsy, and I doubt I'll be able to remember the plot in six months, which is another weakness with the film. Still an enjoyable entry in this post-Ripley-Buffy world.
Recommended.

I saw this one not to long ago (mostly out of my undying love for all things Fassbender). I left unsure how such a flat script could have attracted such incredible actors. To be fair, though, it had some pretty strong fight sequences, and I won't front like I wasn't entertained. I just felt it fizzled a bit.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Last year we bought 3 Women (criterion with Shelly Duvall and Sissy Spacek) and it was phenomenal

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw this one not to long ago (mostly out of my undying love for all things Fassbender). I left unsure how such a flat script could have attracted such incredible actors. To be fair, though, it had some pretty strong fight sequences, and I won't front like I wasn't entertained. I just felt it fizzled a bit.

Yep. The entire plot is a MacGuffin!

Jaguar

[MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION] What happened to the what are you watching now thread— did someone merge it with this one?
Edit: Actually, I should have asked [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], since I could have sworn he started the other thread.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Vasilisa What happened to the what are you watching now thread— did someone merge it with this one?
Edit: Actually, I should have asked highlander, since I could have sworn he started the other thread.

Yes, its merged beginning here. Reviews of film and television, its essential the same, no?

Jaguar

Yes, its merged beginning here. Reviews of film and television, its essential the same, no?

At the risk of sounding pedantic, the word 'watched' is past tense and 'watching' is present tense. Yes, I really am a pain in the ass IRL, too.

:D

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
At the risk of sounding pedantic, the word 'watched' is past tense and 'watching' is present tense. Yes, I really am a pain in the ass IRL, too.

Ohhh, I see, so like a visual version of "what are you listening to right now" thread? If so, that can be arranged.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Ohhh, I see, so like a visual version of "what are you listening to right now" thread? If so, that can be arranged.

Jaguar

Yes. What are you watching right now is in 'real time,' and this thread is not. Actually this thread is kind of like a "What did you watch at some point in time and what did you think?" kind of thread. That's not really the same at all.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes. What are you watching right now is in 'real time,' and this thread is not. Actually this thread is kind of like a "What did you watch at some point in time and what did you think?" kind of thread. That's not really the same at all.
Well actually, it said watched now or in the last 24 hours (plus how good did you find it). So one for currently or within 24 hours and one for some point in time?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well actually, it said watched now or in the last 24 hours (plus how good did you find it). So one for currently or within 24 hours and one for some point in time?

I prefer this thread to any sort of current-watching thread. This one at least asks you to give a formed opinion on what you consume, rather than just a running commentary on what you are doing like the most banal twitter feed.

"I'm watching Oprah!"

Great.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
New Sherlock Holmes movie recently. I really liked it. I did remark that Holmes and Watson's relationship in the new films REALLY REALLY reminds me of the House and Wilson relationship. Which is interesting, because House and Wilson were inspired by the original Holmes and Watson, but the new-film Holmes and Watson seem to be modeled after House and Wilson. Ironic. (And probably confusing.)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"You're not INTP, you're INFP because of your username and an interest in astrology."

Great.

Shocking! On a typology forum people make bilthe comments about typology???

Now if I was on a media forum and saw that, I'd find that annoying.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
New Sherlock Holmes movie recently. I really liked it. I did remark that Holmes and Watson's relationship in the new films REALLY REALLY reminds me of the House and Wilson relationship. Which is interesting, because House and Wilson were inspired by the original Holmes and Watson, but the new-film Holmes and Watson seem to be modeled after House and Wilson. Ironic. (And probably confusing.)

Have you seen the current TV show? (see my avatar)

Jaguar

I'm watching a 1977 Wimbledon match between Bjorn Borg and Vitas Gerulaitis.
There— past and present combined. Bite me. ;)