• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just watched Annie Hall. The last and first time I watched a Woody Allen was over a year ago, it was Manhattan. It was absolutely iconic, but the Muriel Hemingway plot line skeezed me out. I liked Annie Hall.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ralph Fiennes 'Coriolanus'. Surprisingly good, given the production values of a provincial rep. Of course most of the merit lies in the text.
Gerard Butler is a revelation though. We know manly grunting and wrestling is well within his sphere of expertise, but it turns out he can articulate and move at the same time, which is always a bonus. I found him quite compelling. Perhaps because he was playing it gay. 4 stars.

Danny Boyle's 'Trance', I don't know why DB so frequently feels the need to ruin a piece of perfectly inoffensive cinema with insane bloody theatrics in the finale. I suspect it's because he lacks depth and thinks spectacle is an appropriate substitute. Disappointing. Not even the marvellous Mr McAvoy could save it. 1 star.

'To The Wonder'. Quite possibly the worst pretence of a film ever released. You know how sometimes movies can be so bad they're good? Not even that. Malick should be shot for crimes against Art (and humanity).

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I just watched a movie called, "42" about Jackie Robinson. This was a very good movie. I would give this a 9/10. I also just watched a movie called, "Deuces Wild" with Stephen Dorph. I would probably also give this one a 9/10. This was a really good movie and it reminded me of a mix between "The Outsiders" and "A Bronx Tale".

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
As douchey as his comedic approach comes off, I absolutely love Daniel Tosh's standup.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As douchey as his comedic approach comes off, I absolutely love Daniel Tosh's standup.

He's kind of an asshole. Kansas does suck, but that's hardly the cutting edge of satire...

I see your Tosh and raise you a Williams, a more refined breed of gen-y whyner:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm watching A Monster in Paris it's just some kids movie but that seems perfect for now

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watched Season 1 of The New Girl this weekend. I have a suspicion that the creation of this series was aided by TV Tropers. Mary Sue Manic Pixie Dream Girl + Male Harem, the setup has an Anime feel to it. Maybe I'm just being cynical. (doubt it)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 7

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Watched Season 1 of The New Girl this weekend. I have a suspicion that the creation of this series was aided by TV Tropers. Mary Sue Manic Pixie Dream Girl + Male Harem, the setup has an Anime feel to it. Maybe I'm just being cynical. (doubt it)

I really liked the first season. It was fun and kind of goofy. After that it did what I figured would happen in that it seemed to become more about "relationships" and who would hook up with who. It kind of killed the whole group dynamic which I thought was its strongest point.
Edit: Umm, Anime? Maybe I'm thinking of a different show. The one with Zoe Can'teventrytospellit?

Has anybody been watching Under The Dome? I saw the first 4-5 episodes and liked it. Due to work scheduling and other things I have missed the past several episodes. Should I try to watch it online?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just watched The Fountain. I'll need to see if it holds up to second time, but that may, quite possibly, be the greatest movie I have ever seen. It was less obtuse than I expected. I thought I'd need to rewatch it to "get it" but it was clear the first time around, and it's fucking incredible, and resonates with me in a way that movies rarely do.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
^The Fountain was impressive. The graphic novel is even better. Check it out (if you can find it).

First season of Breaking Bad...wow. I had no idea what I was missing out on.