• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Recently watched the adaptation of John LeCarre’s Our Kind of Traitor but I did not liked it as much as I had liked the book. The movie was too slow and a little boring even in the action scenes (one of the best scene in the book was quite anticlimactic) plus the actors did not seem exactly convinced by what they were doing. And the end was really ruined by some sort of cheesy twist of event that never happened in the original novel :shrug:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I rewatched Michael Clayton. There had been a couple of retrospectives on this movie recently, so I saw it was on Netflix asked watched it.

I liked it when I watched it years ago, and it was enjoyable again, though I remembered some of the story. I was looking at it much differently than I had then.

It is a story of awakenings.

Watching it a decade later was really interesting...... it is a very good film, if someone has not seen it, it is worth the time, if one likes this sort of movie.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The giant font on Mindhunter hurts my eyeballs. Otherwise, cool show.

Also watched The Mist series. Where are the likeable characters?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The giant font on Mindhunter hurts my eyeballs. Otherwise, cool show.

Also watched The Mist series. Where are the likeable characters?

Is that bat thing from the movie in the show? I saw the movie and I was rooting for the monsters.

Lark

I just watched Total Recall, the original and best version, I'm finishing watching the movie King Arthur: Legend of The Sword, which is proving to be a better feature than I'd thought it may be.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is that bat thing from the movie in the show? I saw the movie and I was rooting for the monsters.

I don't think so.

Actual spoilers for the show:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watching the film adaptation of the novel Cell, by Stephen King, right now. Really liked the book.

I’m probably ten minutes into this flick. Not memorable so far. But like many of SK film adaptations, it’s got plenty of unintentional hilarity.

John Cusack’s use as a Joe Everyman has long been exhausted. He’s been stuffed into that role so much that I can’t see the actual character anymore. It’s just John Cusack.

Hooray, there’s a cat in John Cusack’s apartment. . .

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can’t get to sleep. Left hip is really bugging me tonight.
So, I’m on another movie, now. The Prestige. Never watched it before. Probably halfway through.
Can’t decide who to root for - Batman, or Wolverine.

Tesla’s about to do something with a black cat. I’m definitely rooting for the kitty.

::edit:: HE CLONED THE CAT. Mind blown. Everything else in the film hardly matters, now.

Atomic Fiend

So I just saw The Disaster Artist, It was surprsingly sympathetic of a man who did a lot of shitty things also it didn't really pull punches of those shitty things either. It was a very good film, However it's based on a true story, and I'm sure it takes liberties. I will abstain from posting anything specific about the film.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So I just saw The Disaster Artist, It was surprsingly sympathetic of a man who did a lot of shitty things also it didn't really pull punches of those shitty things either. It was a very good film, However it's based on a true story, and I'm sure it takes liberties. I will abstain from posting anything specific about the film.
I saw this the other day, too. Franco better win some awards - he was mind-blowing.

EDIT: Truthfulness or lack thereof notwithstanding, apparently Tommy Wiseau loved the movie and said it was 99% accurate. Which is interesting, considering that, as you said, he isn't shown entirely positively.

(Would recommend watching "The Room" first. If I hadn't watched it, I wouldn't have enjoyed the movie as much, just because of all the small references throughout.)

Finished Jessica Jones 1st season. It was very good. Finished the 1st season of Daredevil and midway through second one right now. Watched a documentary on how the inhabitants of Easter Island most likely moved those massive statues. I’m watching the Director’s cut of Kingdom of Heaven.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My mother is obsessed with "La La Land" and just made me watch it. I thought the cinematography, screenwriting, acting, thematic structure, set design, references to old Hollywood (especially the "An American in Paris" sequence), etc, were all phenomenal. But because the songs weren't all that interesting (to me), because I didn't like anyone's voices, and because the choreography was boring, the movie just didn't do anything for me.

That said, song-and-dance deficiencies notwithstanding, I think if I were a fan of the genre, I would have adored it.

Finished Jessica Jones 1st season. It was very good. Finished the 1st season of Daredevil and midway through second one right now.
Jessica Jones + season 1 of Daredevil = <3. I love them so much.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For some reason it never occurred to me that I could post movies here.

Well, now.

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Came across this one night in about 1990. Great film, tremendous acting.