User Tag List

First 3787127135136137138139147187237 Last

Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2914

  1. #1361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    You sure do hate a lot of movies, that those who make a living critiquing films seem to like.
    Yep. Not denying this. I like to be the contrarian of such things. Just how I am.
    High hopes for this one, though. Good cast, crew, director, etc.

    If it ain't up to my standards...I'm going to blast it.
    Because...I like, have no life.

  2. #1362
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,178

    Default

    The Newsroom 01x07: The kerfuffle they make about a man's death as well as the emotional importance they attach to it made me laugh out loud several times. The rest remains the same.

  3. #1363
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Yep. Not denying this. I like to be the contrarian of such things. Just how I am.
    High hopes for this one, though. Good cast, crew, director, etc.

    If it ain't up to my standards...I'm going to blast it.
    Because...I like, have no life.
    I don't understand the mindset of a contrarian. What is the purpose?

  4. #1364
    meinmeinmein! mmhmm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    jock and i finished watched
    first season of homeland.
    he liked it a lot.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

  5. #1365
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    jock and i finished watched
    first season of homeland.
    he liked it a lot.
    Homeland is incredible.

    Clair Danes and Damian Lewis are astoundingly good.

  6. #1366
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I don't understand the mindset of a contrarian. What is the purpose?
    It feeds the delusion that I am a beautiful and unique snowflake.
    For example: If everybody likes Transformers 3, I have to hate it.

    Hope that answers your question (Nice new avatar, btw).

  7. #1367
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    310

    Default

    With Hollywood remaking a lot of good old movies, it probably won't be long before this movie is remade. Rolling Thunder (1977) is a good old revenge movie. Tommy Lee Jones is a great actor.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtCvP7Bukyc

  8. #1368
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolfen View Post
    With Hollywood remaking a lot of good old movies, it probably won't be long before this movie is remade. Rolling Thunder (1977) is a good old revenge movie. Tommy Lee Jones is a great actor.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtCvP7Bukyc
    They should make a Rolling Thunder movie based on the arcade game instead.

  9. #1369
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    It feeds the delusion that I am a beautiful and unique snowflake.
    For example: If everybody likes Transformers 3, I have to hate it.

    Hope that answers your question (Nice new avatar, btw).
    So you have to wait until you know what others think before forming an opinion?

    Thanks!

  10. #1370
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    @Nicodemus let me know what you think of the newest episode of the Newsroom when you see it.

Similar Threads

  1. What'cha Reading?
    By Haight in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2341
    Last Post: 02-03-2018, 11:38 AM
  2. What-cha playing (video games) ?
    By meowington in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-26-2016, 01:54 AM
  3. What television shows do you watch?
    By angell_m in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-07-2015, 02:21 PM
  4. What'cha Playing?
    By Rasofy in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 01:31 PM
  5. Ever watched to see what you'd do next?
    By Oberon in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO