• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Series premiere of Legion last night. It's pretty good; there's an amazing scene in this one.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Finally getting caught up
TBmmpO0.jpg

Mole

Permabanned
The Silence of God

I saw Silence the movie last night.

And it is about the silence of God.

And how can God fall silent unless he was already speaking? And God did speak to us not so long ago through our bicameral mind. We heard the voice of God who guided us for quite a long time until life started to become to complicated for guidance by an unconscious voice, and so we become conscious and started to guide ourselves, and so the voice of God fell silent.

And we have been mourning God's silence ever since. Still, we have vestiges of the voice of God in the voices heard by schizophrenics, but schizophrenics can't function in the complex modern world, so we call them mad.

And we make up stories about why God is silent: we say he left us because we offended him and has gone up to heaven, but one day when evil is defeated, he will return, the once and future King.

How we miss the comfort of the voice of God, and so we substitute all kinds of superstition from astrology, to ET, to mbti. We are lost children in a universe we can't even imagine, so we imagine all kinds of fantasies.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Atm I only cba to watch movies I haven't gotten around to watching; so have watched for the first time; The Cobbler (2014), I saw that the week before last; Unstoppable (2010) probably last week if not the week before last and The Cobbler (2014) was three weeks ago; IDK. Still saw 'em though.
This morning I watched Citizen Kane (1941) for the first time.

Before I watched Citizen Kane, I went on YouTube to see a trailer to get a rough idea of what to expect... (It wasn't what I thought it was about but still good).
I found this trailer:
and right away I was like..
'cool'
'Same people who brought us that War of the Worlds broadcast in 1938'
'but on film..'
I liked it.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. This was Heath Ledger's last film role. It also has Jude Law, Christopher Plummer, and Colin Farrell. I'd recommend it for the fantasy sequences alone but the plot itself is disappointing.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just can't tonight, tonight, so I think I'm going to watch Blade Runner and Drive back-to-back instead. You'd really think I would have seen both of these by now.

So far into the former, I'm wondering where this soundtrack has been all my life.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Finished Goliath on Amazon Video. Fairly typical asymmetrical lawyer drama, with the typical unrealistic legal proceedings. A lot less than I hoped, but entertaining enough. Just so many better courtroom dramas out there.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Alice Through the Looking Glass. This is much better than Alice in Wonderland and it's probably the first Burton/Depp/Bonham-Carter collab that's actually good.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Paper Towns. I liked it. The mystery aspect worked and it's one of the better road trip movies. There's great chemistry between the nerdy friends.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Arrival 8/10 (my kind of SciFi)
31 2/10 (don't know why I gave him the benefit of the doubt until now, but Rob Zombie really is a miserable director)
Noah 6/10 (lacks coherence to be either a good blockbuster or a religious epos)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm at the part of the Office where I see Erin (played by Ellie Kemper) first come in. She is so pretty

Oh yeah and last week, I saw the Shining. It wasn't really scary.

Midnight in Paris was cute. I just hate indie films for cutting off so early though. Definitely could've been much longer.

Trash Panda

Retired
I learned recently that forensic files is on for most of the night until early in the morning. So I've been watching that. I like the narrator's voice. I would likely stop watching it if they were to use a different narrator.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Divergent (2014) starring Shailene Woodley & Theo James. A solid sci-fi action film based on the novel by Veronica Roth.