• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haha, i know what you mean. i saw it in the theater, and like, didn't feel ready to leave my seat when it was over. i just wanted to sit there for a while and digest what i had watched. left me with a heavy heart.

yes!!!!! exactly heavy heart is right.

i actually related to both characters. thats y i think it was heavier than i expected. i normally will only relate to one character in a marrriage like that.

i also think it was his best acting imo. he made it hard not to like him :{

(sorry about grammer)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes!!!!! exactly heavy heart is right.

i actually related to both characters. thats y i think it was heavier than i expected. i normally will only relate to one character in a marrriage like that.

i also think it was his best acting imo. he made it hard not to like him :{

(sorry about grammer)

yeah i was kind of a full-on gosling hater before that movie too! :laugh:

i've seen him be good in a couple other movies since then, but i still kinda get rubbed wrong by his image. slick dudes bug me.

and TOTALLY about relating to both characters. it was just so real all around. i also really love michelle williams it turns out. i haven't seen it since it came out, and it's one of those movies that i think now that i've seen it, i'll have to find myself in either a really weird, semi emotionally-sadistic or hard-as-stone and icy cold mood to watch again. i do want to though. i know it's good enough to know better than one watch.

:p grammar, shmammar! read just fine to me.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Ratings of last 2 movies watched
haunter 5 out 5 stars- this movie was awesome, I don't scared easily but this one legitemately made me scared. It's about this serial killer who kidnapped women and dragged them to his home suffocated them with car fumes in his garage, and threw them into the furnace. He dies in 83, in 85 this family (a mom a dad a daughter and a son) move into the house, his ghost posses the dad, and they die. In the begining of the movie the re live the same day over and over it's always the day before the daughter's 16th birthday until the daughter connects with a girl from the present and realizes her and her family is dead who now lives in the house presently, it gets really eerie I can't say any more, but through their connection she tries to save the present family.the family from 1985 are trapped in the house It's like the others except the ghosts span from 1953 to 1985 meets groundhog's day. A good movie if you like horror movies and psychological thrillers

cloudburst 4 out of 5 stars. An elderly lesbian couple get seperate because the grandaughter of one makes her believe she is signing something else but is signing power of attorney to her (she's blind). So her partner breaks her out of the nursing home and they go to canada to get married. They pick up a hitchiker along the way. It's a heart felt comedy. definetly something to watch when you don't want to think too much.

Permabanned
In a not too distant future...

I went into this with neutral expectations besides the hipster syfy flick, but it turned out to be a refreshingly good piece of film art.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Semi Pro

The music never gets old.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Kid Nation, a reality show that stuck 40 kids in a desert together and made them run a town. And only lasted one season. It's brilliant though. One of the kids did an AMA on reddit and talked a lot of shit, it made me have to watch it again. It's all on youtube, someone type all the kids for me.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Watched great Gatsby. Awesome soundtrack.

Finally got around to watching both footloose.

I hate Kevin bacon... and I'm obsessed with Miles Teller....so needless to say I like the newer one better.

Watched: Place Beyond the Pines...eh I had really high expectations... I was disappointed :(

Watched The Lucky One... eh it was a cheesy romance but whateves

Watched That Awkward Moment...like I said.. I'm obsessed with miles teller lol

But I don't like going to the theatre. Nobody in the crowd ever laughs. People r so laame.

I liked "The Great Gatsby". I kind of thought that the soundtrack was stupid though because it was supposed to take place in the 1940's or 50's, or something like that, but yet they were blaring rap music? WTF? How did that work out? That was the only thing that I didn't like about that movie. Well that, and Toby Maguire's annoying voice narrating the movie. Other than that, the movie was great.

On a side note, people, I just saw the new "RoboCop". Robocop 2014 really disappointed me. The movie was mediocre at best. I would give it a 6/10 to be realistic. The movie definitely had some great action scenes, and Sam Jackson definitely gave the movie an interesting flare. However, there were definitely some things that disappointed me as well. For one, the online reviews said that they would have the classic line, "I'd buy that for a dolllar" in the movie, that I so passionately loved. However, I was expecting it to be in the same context as the previous movies, where they had that hilarious man with the mustache in that infomercial saying it, and I thought that he'd be surrounded by bimbos. However, much to my dismay that wasn't the case. All they had was one of the villains in the movie say, "I wouldn't buy that for a dollar" when Robocop was malfunctioning. This was a great disappointment to me.

Also, the plot was much more depressing than the other Robocop movies. They really showed you how much it affected his relationship with his wife and family to become a machine in this movie. It was really quite upsetting. It didn't have quite the same feel as the previous movies.

I will say though, that the technology in this movie was WAY BETTER. There were a lot of high tech things and it almost resembled the Iron Man movie's use of technology. So if you're like an NT technology buff, you may want to see the movie for that reason alone. Also, the movie had more of a terminator theme that, "Too much technology is a bad thing" and we shouldn't take technology to far. Overall, I would say that Robocop was not a movie that I would see in the theater if were you. However, it is a definite Redbox rental.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked "The Great Gatsby". I kind of thought that the soundtrack was stupid though because it was supposed to take place in the 1940's or 50's, or something like that, but yet they were blaring rap music? WTF? How did that work out? That was the only thing that I didn't like about that movie. Well that, and Toby Maguire's annoying voice narrating the movie. Other than that, the movie was great.

1920's yea I know what you mean.

Ha ha the only part with rap that I was kinda put off by was the part when they were in the cars driving into the city. I think they may have been racing or something. That was a Jay Z song :laugh:

But I love this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phmz9uRG4E8

and this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqjl4nRSorM

... They have the 1920's sax, trumpets, jazzy piano, and muffled mic sound...it's just kicked up a notch ha ha!

and this song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBJY3Extw1I - I just like Lana Del Rey. Perfect lyrics for that film.

Edit: also The XX. And Florence and the Machine!! I love them too!

Can't believe you didn't like the soundtrack! :cry:

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Her - good movie, would recommend for BSG scifi fans

Blue Jasmine - a woody allen film, and I could actually watch it all the way through

The best man holiday - I thought it was going to be funny. It was, but not all the time. Was kinda sad/mixed feelings.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
1920's yea I know what you mean.

Ha ha the only part with rap that I was kinda put off by was the part when they were in the cars driving into the city. I think they may have been racing or something. That was a Jay Z song :laugh:

But I love this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phmz9uRG4E8

and this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqjl4nRSorM

... They have the 1920's sax, trumpets, jazzy piano, and muffled mic sound...it's just kicked up a notch ha ha!

and this song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBJY3Extw1I - I just like Lana Del Rey. Perfect lyrics for that film.

Edit: also The XX. And Florence and the Machine!! I love them too!

Can't believe you didn't like the soundtrack! :cry:

lol, they were playing 100$ Bill by Jay Z. Sorry, but it just didn't fit with the movie at all.

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Kid Nation, a reality show that stuck 40 kids in a desert together and made them run a town. And only lasted one season. It's brilliant though. One of the kids did an AMA on reddit and talked a lot of shit, it made me have to watch it again. It's all on youtube, someone type all the kids for me.

I remember this show! Which one of the kids was talking shit? I tried to google it but didn't find anything.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went into this with neutral expectations besides the hipster syfy flick, but it turned out to be a refreshingly good piece of film art.

Was a bit predictable wasn't it?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pompeii. Would've been a great disaster picture if they just cut out the boring, clichéd first and second acts and just kept the fun and clichéd third act.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
All About Eve (1950) 5 out of 5 stars- this is a classic, and I can see why. It's defiently in my top 3 of old movies the other two being Breakfast at Tiffany's and Arsenic and Old Lace. It's about a famous jaded and cynical actress, played by Bette Davis, who is in her 40 but plays roles for 20 something's a fan manages to meet her and gets into her life, the girl who worships Bette Davis becomes her understudy and ends up to the Bette Davis' role in the play.

p.s. Old movies from the 40s and 50s are my favorites. Especially like Frank Capra.

my rating system
5 stars- loved this movie didn't get bored with it would probably watch it again in 5 years
4-stars- liked it, but got some what bored but still came back to it, probably won't watch it again unless someone wanted to watch it
3-stars it was ok, but got bored the whole movie, might have turned it off early
2-stars-I don't rate anything 2 stars
1 star- worst movie ever.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just watched the brass teapot.

I thought it was really good.

That relationship seemed so genuine.

And it was pretty hilarious to detach and watch ppl get hurt.