• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fable III

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got this game a week or so ago.

Although I'm slightly dissappointed with the length of the main storyline, the easyness with which one can aquire infinite amounts of gold as well as the very console orienter controls (not much to choose from, fighting is very simplified).

But there are plenty of other aspects that made this game enjoyable enough for me to beat two times with a third in the making. Also, the humor in the game is fantastic and the intro movie is the best intro movie to a game I've ever seen.

I was wondering if anyone in this community happens to play it. There apparantly is this coop mode that I'd love to try out.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unfortunately no. I hear good things about them and am thinking of looking into them though.

Fable was unknown to me until a week ago or so. :p

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
gave up on the Fable series when Fable 2 disappointed me. It had ambition, but nothing to follow it up. My brother bought III because he thought it had promise, I told him it would be crap, he ended up returning it after beating it pretty quickly.

If you can, definitely get Fable I (I'm sure you could just download it or something). That game was excellent in every way :D

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
gave up on the Fable series when Fable 2 disappointed me. It had ambition, but nothing to follow it up. My brother bought III because he thought it had promise, I told him it would be crap, he ended up returning it after beating it pretty quickly.

If you can, definitely get Fable I (I'm sure you could just download it or something). That game was excellent in every way :D

I like Fable I, but I didn't like how cartoon-ish the characters looked.

I've heard many complaints about Fable II... probably why they didn't make a PC version of the game (I don't have an xbox... can't comment on it.)

Fable III was ok.... it was just... a bit too easy, that is all there is too it. Unless you decide to skip using magic... than yeah, going through the whole story was too fast.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
than yeah, going through the whole story was too fast.

This seems to be a common trend these days - games that you can finish in a single weekend. Any ideas why? Is due to increased catering to the casual gamer (who would have complained about the 100+ hours required to do all the quests in Morrowind for example)?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This seems to be a common trend these days - games that you can finish in a single weekend. Any ideas why? Is due to increased catering to the casual gamer (who would have complained about the 100+ hours required to do all the quests in Morrowind for example)?

yeah, catering for the casual gamers :steam:

So many great series like this one start off soooo damn well, then they suddenly make everything all 'simple' so that retards can play too. That's what the fucking difficulty level is for!!! If it's too hard, make a difficulty level where even if you can't do anything right, you'll win. It's like itunes... all automatic and simplistic to the point where it does it's job (or at least what the producer thought it's job was), but it's not fun. Sometimes things are fun when you use them for something they're not designed for.

Well, there are games like FFXIII and Dragon Age that are clearly designed to lure casuals that are just huge. FFXIII is 15 gigabytes of pressing the Auto-battle button (I'm still going to finish it, and try to make the most of it without ever touching that damned auto-battle nonsense).

Sorry, I'm full of rage. I should just delete what I wrote and replace it with:

FUCK!

:censored::banned::17425::BangHead::ng_mad::steam::censored:

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
On the other hand, I think our standards have increased too. Does anyone remember how crap Diablo is for example?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yes, that is part of it. It is sad that I can spend more time playing older games than these newer ones. The companies are trying to appeal more to the "casual" gamers. Games like farmville......

Even some online games used to take months to level now takes no time to get to the maximum level.

On the other hand, I think our standards have increased too. Does anyone remember how crap Diablo is for example?

Well, the look of the games these days are definitely a lot better. But then the games these days either lack a good storyline, or they lack a bit of good game play.

The story for Fable III was ok... but yeah, it took me about a weekend to finish the storyline. The game play, like I said, was just to easy.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

like how frustrating sonic the hedgehog and the mario games actually are? And really, there's not much to those games other than a jump button.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The first one and especially the second were pretty darn amazing.

The 3rd Fable sucked pretty badly.

The first 2 had compelling stories that really kept the player interested, while the 3rd one, though it may have had greater customization, just didn't have the same pull.

Like in the first one, there is the epic quest to find the identity of yoru family, and defeat the evil Mastermind that is Jack-of-Blades.

In the 2nd, gathering the 3 heroes of strength, skill, and will sure is nice, and then the psychotic villian, Lord Lucien, has some kind of crazy ideas.

In the 3rd Fable, the story sucked. The end.

W

WALMART

My friend could beat Morrorwind in under an hour, so your point is moot.

I remember following Fable and Peter Molyneux when he hyped us up with the title 'PROJECT EGO'.

He promised real-time aging, persistent body damage and other things never implemented in the series :(

I remember reading my gaming mag, and him talking about how if you ate an apple, years later a tree would grow where you threw the core down. If you hunted a bandit raiding party, years later one of their children would attempt to avenge their father's death. Oh Peter.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My friend could beat Morrorwind in under an hour, so your point is moot.

Haaa... wow. And that was the full trip, and not just the absurdly happy path?

I remember following Fable and Peter Molyneux when he hyped us up with the title 'PROJECT EGO'.

He promised real-time aging, persistent body damage and other things never implemented in the series :(

I remember reading my gaming mag, and him talking about how if you ate an apple, years later a tree would grow where you threw the core down. If you hunted a bandit raiding party, years later one of their children would attempt to avenge their father's death. Oh Peter.

Frankly, while such things sound "cool," they are fringe perks compared to a product with decent gameplay for its core tasks. Peter sounds like he gets really caught up in side details.

... although I still did have a wonderful time in Black and White, beating my tiger avatar to turn him bad, then sic'cing him on the rowdy villagers to devour and toss in the sacrificial fires. I was not a very kind deity.