• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rank Every Anime Series You've Ever Watched

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let's see how long of a list that I can make. I have a load of them (can't remember all of them... otherwise this list would be long).... I'll just add the ones I watched enough. Can't guarantee that I remember some of these story lines though. Also, some of these I decided to stick with the manga instead. There is no way I can rank these that easily.

Series that I liked A LOT:
Kemono No Souja Erin
Seirei no Moribito
Clannad (After Story)
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (Yes.... the name is freakin long)
Zettai Shonen <---- slowpaced, so not sure if you guys would actually like it. I only like the first half of the series (first 13 episodes.)

Series that I enjoyed:
Tsubasa Chronicles
Rurouni Kenshin
Gundam Seed/00 (but NOT Seed Destiny)
Zoids (Chaotic Century/New Century/Genesis)
Outlaw Star
FMA: Brotherhood
Last Exile
Gad Guard
Prince of Tennis
Kekkaishi
Ranma 1/2
Major
Fairy Tail
Hunter X Hunter
Break/Broken Blade
Guyver
Berserk
Inuyasha (though the series dragged on quite a bit)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Fate Stay Night

Series that were "meh" (for some, it is because I am reading the manga instead) but I actually don't mind finishing them:

Beet the Vandel Buster
Fruits Basket
Scrapped Princess
Naruto
Bleach <---------- highlight >stop watching and reading pretty much when Aizen was done for.<
Shaman King
Shurato
Gunparade March
Gundam Wing
Claymore

Not part of the list:
Pokemon, Digimon, and Saint Seiya are on their own little island. Can't really put a place because I watched them since I was a kid. Dragon Ball.... I don't like Z too much... and I don't like the English version of the original/GT series.

And, well, I usually don't stick long enough for an anime/manga I don't like (or they are forgotten.)

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
A+: Masterpiece
A: Excellent
B: Above Average
C: Average
D: Below Average

I don't have a lot of Cs and Ds, because I only watch series that I think I'll like, and stop watching if I don't.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: A+
Aria (The Animation, The Natural, The origination, Avvenire): A+
The End of Evangelion: A+
Angel's Egg: A
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo: A
Spirited Away: A
5 Centimeters per Second: A
Ruruoni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal OVA: A
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: A-
Ghost in the Shell (Movie) A-
Akira: A-

Death Note: B+
Shinsekai Yori (From the new world): B+
Steins;Gate: B+
Welcome to the NHK: B+
Princess Mononoke: B+
Serial Experiments Lain: B+
Attack on Titan: B
Toradora: B
Code Geass: B
Your Lie in April: B
Gundam Seed: B
Rahxephon: B-

Squid Girl: C+
Gundam 00: C
Working!!!: C
Dragon Ball Z: C-

Inu Yasha: D-

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Um, well, it's not all of the ones I've ever watched, but it's everything I've watched since like, 2012 onwards, ranked by how much I like it and then alphabetically:

Amazing Shows That Get a 100000/10, masterpieces, literally no imperfections
ARIA series
Clannad
Haikyuu!!
Parasyte
Love Live
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Shinsekai yori
Steins;Gate
Zankyou no Terror

Really Really Good Shows
12 Kingdoms
Air
Akatsuki no Yona
Angel Beats
AnoHana
ef series
Erased
Gakkougurashi!
Hibike! Euphonium
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Kimi ni Todoke
Little Busters!
Mahou Shoujou Lyrical Nanoha series
Nana
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Paradise Kiss
Plastic Memories
Tokyo Ghoul

Good Shows
Ao Haru Ride
Aoi Hana
Charlotte
Hanayamata
Higurashi series
Isshukan Friends
Joukamachi no Dandelion
Kanon (2006)
Lamune
Natsuiro Kiseki
Overlord
WIXOSS series
iDOLM@STER

Okay Shows
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Barakamon
Black Bullet
Escha & Logy no Atelier
Free!
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de
Shoujou-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu
Yuri Kuma Arashi

Bad Shows
Sailor Moon Crystal
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Kanon (2002)
Seiken Tsukai no World Break

Awful piece of shit shows that shouldn't exist
Glasslip
Isuca
White Album

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Liked

Dragonball Z/GT (nostalgic)
Durarara
Yu Yu Hakusho (nostalgic)
Code Geass
Psycho Pass
Death Note
Naruto (nostalgic)
Yugioh original/5d's (nostalgic)
Bleach
RWBY
Kill la Kill
Blue Exorcist
Noragami
.Hack Sign
Rorouni Kenshin (nostalgic)
Inuyasha
Fruits Basket

Mixed

Dragonball Super
Fairy Tail
Gurren Lagann
Trigun
One Peace
Toriko (sometimes it just gets too stupid)

Just plain cute

Hamtaro (nostalgic)
Spirited Away

blah

Sword Art Online

Nostalgically unsure

Pokémon
Bobobo bobo bobo (also very stupid yet somewhat charming, especially when many of the jokes are making fun of other anime)
Gundam (Superior Defender Gundam Force)

Aside from the titles it isn't in any exact order because idk how I'd order them all.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The ones I loved
Gundam Unicorn
Baka To Test
Outlaw Star
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Shigurui
Haganai
Zoids
Rurouni Kenshin
Initial D
Wangan Midnight
Last Exile
Sword Art Online
Attack on Titan
Code Geass
Death Note
Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka
Moblie Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeta
Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team
Mobile Suit Gundam: 0083 Stardust Memories
Gundam 00

Lackluster but Good
Dragonball Z
Bleach
Gundam Wing
Full Metal Panic

The Jury is still out

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Kill La Kill
Kaze No Stigma
Yu Yu Hakusho

Of course, this is nowhere near an exhaustive list.

skimpit

I've watched a lot of animes, but certainly not all the way through. With me, I either have a tendency to stick through the nasty or just completely delete it from my mind, so I don't know what to include here. Hmm.

A lot of people have come up with interesting rating/grading systems for this thread however I'm not sure how I should do mine. Let's see.

My absolute favorite:
Black Butler. This one is a little lackluster, given that it's supposed to be written by a yaoi mangaka. I don't see a lot of that influence here, but it is still visible in some arcs and her drawing style however.
Durarara. I liked this more than I should have. Izaya fascinated me and I'm pretty sure in the heat of teenagerness, I totally crushed on him and even wrote poetry about how twisted he could be.
Hetalia. Every racist's dream anime. It taught me how to love words, language, and even the place where my family hails from. It wasn't my first anime, but it definitely should've been. The author of this series is quite wry, and his Japanese humor really shows through moreso in the manga.
Death Note. This one freaked me out, mostly because I had a crush on Light. I knew we were supposed to like Kira. He wasn't an unflattering guy, not by one bit. But I really agreed with what he was doing and couldn't sympathize with L at all. L seemed selfish to me by comparison, and no matter how I twisted my mind around to like him, I just couldn't.
Working. One of the first. I thought it was cute. A little weird, but with its humor it tackled a few heavy issues like depression, abandonment, and fear. It was very Japanese in the sense it provided a sense of comfort just when things started to look bad under the surface and despite its simplicity, it was actually quite complex. This is just my view, of course. ;)

Some that I liked, but weren't great:
Code Geass. I watched part of this, but enough to get emotionally involved. Mehhh. I expected some Black Butler shit since the main character screams INTJ but alas, it was actually better. (I have a problem of comparing everything to Black Butler, but give me credit for actually acknowledging the better writing.) I didn't think this anime was that great. Too much action, not enough plot. The main character was a stereotype of himself, and it looked like they dragged the storyline out of a tired mangaka's brain after a long day at work. A lot of political allegory. And oddly normal, in places you wouldn't expect it to be. Almost like Kill la Kill (which I watched about five min of once), but with a boy and less pretty art.
Free. The hype on this anime omg. Why do you like it. They aren't even gay, least far as I could see. They seem pretty het, yo. All it is is sports (not that I don't like sports, but sports anime tend to be boring). The main character Haru seemed like a drag, too. But at least it covered some decently deep issues like friendship and changing times for teenagers, which I think often get glossed over in normal media. That is, virtually every media.
The Hetalia sequels. Both the manga and anime went downhill after a while if you paid attention. They tried to gloss up the mistakes they'd made in previous seasons with different art and acting styles but it didn't work. Also, the source material kept getting adapted incorrectly by the studio. The actual series is more light than the anime made it seem, and heavy on the history. I cry evertim.
Baccano. Not as good as Durarara, though it gives the illusion that it is. I believe it came out afterward, by the same author after he figured out he made bank on the first series. Either way, he did something wrong. This one, though it has a lot of characters, only has like three worth it. It takes too long to get to the point and is all shine, no dough. Don't be fooled by how cool it looks, or the history in it. It's boring, man.
Vampire Knight. This one is okay. I was going to say it's better than Twilight, but it's honestly worse. It has some good pieces to it, but even with a casual glance you can tell it's just some chick's wetdream. (I say this weeping, because it was my first anime and I loved it more than life ^'()
Kodomo no Jikan. This is a very weird show, but surprisingly good. You just have to get over the fact that it's about a twelve year-old or younger seducing her teach for some fun. Like I said, strange.
Spirited Away. Probably the first anime I saw as a child. It freaked me out. I always felt like Chihiro, like I'd done something wrong. And she pissed me off more than anything because she was a selfish git. She could've saved her parents before they got turned into pigs, but no - exploring first!
Spice and Wolf. Excellent seriously. It was cute and to the point ~~

Some that were okay, but made me cry:
Wolf Children
Wolf's Rain
Nausicaa, Valley of the Wind
TMHS - all the series
Okami-san and her seven companions
Psycho Pass
The Secret of Arietty

Some that I only kinda watched, partly because I was forced:
Sword Art Online
Attack on Titan
Virtually any anime that came out after 2012

A lot of these are anime a twelve year old would pick, which is about the year I started watching anime. Also I'm immature so that accounts for a bit of it. Kaichou wa maid-sama, one of my favorite animes, would probably have ended up in the last category because to this day I'm not entirely sure why I watched it. It's too girly, looking back on me then. I guess it revealed a lot about me. It's also kind of a shit story when you think about it, and the girls get treated badly so I don't know why I liked it. Thinking on it, I'm not really sure why I stayed with it so long. I honestly had nothing to do and wasn't sure about anime in general, so I just kept watching it. Part of this is why I've developed certain mindsets about children watching TV - if you don't have someone to help guide you through what you like and don't like, you're wasting a massive amount of time.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My top 10:

1-Berserk
2-Neon Genesis Evangelion (original)
3-Great Teacher Onizuka
4-Last Exile
5-Hunter X Hunter
6-Shingetsutan Tsukihime
7-Hellsing (original)
8-Legend of the galactic heroes
9-Hack Sign
10-Death Note

Honorable mentions: Gantz, Scrapped Princess, Chobits, Clannad, Saint Seiya, Kenshin, Full Metal Alchemist, Trigun, Slayers Next, Ranma, GITS:SAC, Noir, Scryed, PlanetES, Gunslinger Girl, Nodame Cantabile, Furi Kuri, Midori no Hibi, Gungrave, Code Geass, Lain, Gurren Lagann, Higurashi no Naku, Kara no Kyōkai.

Top 5 anime Movies

1. Nausicaa of the valley of the wind
2. Ghost in the shell
3. Grave of the fireflies
4. Laputa, castle in the sky
5. End of evangelion
bonus: Perfect Blue