• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coolest cars in cinema according to Yahoo!...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's an interesting list of what Yahoo! considers to be the coolest cars in the movies.

While it is given that such famous cars as the DeLorean in the Back to the Future movies would be in it and the Ferrari 250 GT California in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, I'm particularly surprised that the Volkswagen Beetle in Herbie: Fully Loaded, above all things, made it into the list. Also interesting was the 2002 Nissan 350Z Fairlady making it to the list -- it was a car featured in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, a movie which I am surprised anyone remembers. I also never liked the Batmobile in Batman Begins, which also made it onto the list.

The Aston Martin DB5, featured in James Bond movies such as Goldfinger and Thunderball, also made it onto the list. However, my favorite Bond car was the Lotus Espirit in The Spy Who Loved Me.

Absolutely shocking, however, is that the Pontiac Trans Am in Smokey and the Bandit is not on the list. Yahoo! is apparently run by a bunch of yahoos if they forgot about that classic.

Furthermore, let's discuss movie cars that didn't make it into the Yahoo! hall of fame but should have.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Bandit's car is an inexcusable absence, as is the decommissioned cop car Jake and Elwood drive in The Blues Brothers.

But the biggest gaffe is the exclusion of the Family Truckster!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dammit! How could I have ever forgotten about the Family Truckster?

And since several non-classic movies made that list, I think a certain car from the movie Rat Race deserved to be on the list. It was pretty much the only thing funny about that movie.

And the Mustang from Gone in 60 Seconds (the original one, not the crappy Nicolas Cage remake) could have also been a good add, certainly better than Herbie -- which was credited for being in Herbie: Fully Loaded and not The Love Bug.

I also enjoyed the futuristic Lexus in Minority Report and the Cadillac Cien concept car in The Island.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
th_Headbang.gif
headbang.gif
BACK TO THE FUTURE
headbang.gif
th_Headbang.gif

INTJewel

MBTI Type
duh
Benjamin Braddock's (Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate) Alpha Romeo Spider 1600!

Hot car. Very hot car.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Christine?
I am not into Amercan cars, so I can't tell brand and type, but it sure was impressive :D

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
They included my favorite movie car...#43, the 1970 Dodge Challenger from the original Vanishing Point.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
The list is absolutely worthless since it doesn't contain the '55 Chevy from American Graffiti and Two-Lane Blacktop