• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

best anime out there, that you would recommend to someone!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Just a nitpick, Ms. K - while I agree with your pespective on the "animation/anime = for kids" canard, I feel compelled to point out that anime is a medium, not a genre.

/pedant :blush:

:wacko:

The_World_As_Will

FMA: Brotherhood or the first FMA series?

Both, personally I like the first FMA serious, it had more of an impact on me, though brotherhood followed the manga, both are really good ... for some reason the show makes me all nostalgic.. *sigh* damn Si :/ love that show though!

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For a darker tone, I suggest "Darker than Black"

Assailant

MBTI Type
XYZ
zomg. <3

tumblr_lmfvf3C6z41qip086o1_500.png

Cardcaptor Sakura sort of changed my life. Seriously.

And while technically it's not an anime series (it's a movie), 5 Centimeters Per Second was lovely.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whoever it is in my avatar, by a mile.
Anyone know who it is?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Toppen Tenga Gurren Lagann

It'll make you laugh, cry, smile, and leave you in all. It excelles in storyline, character development, animation, voice acting, and everything else under the sun. It'll blow your friggen mind, as the level of epicness may be too much for one person to handle. Also, you life isn't complete until you've watched it.

Totally :yes:

However, some people don't like it because all of their obstacles repeatedly disappear as the heroes gain magical powers out of nowhere, or from their emotions. Personally, I don't care TTGL was fricken epicawesome :D

Deathnote was really damned good too, and FMA is really up there somewhere, and Soul Eater, and Fairytale for those who are into Naruto/Onepiece style animes.

The most recent favorite of mine was K-On!

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

However, some people don't like it because all of their obstacles repeatedly disappear as the heroes gain magical powers out of nowhere, or from their emotions. Personally, I don't care TTGL was fricken epicawesome :D

Agreed 100% :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Deathnote was really damned good too, and FMA is really up there somewhere, and Soul Eater, and Fairytale for those who are into Naruto/Onepiece style animes.

The most recent favorite of mine was K-On!

if you liked Deathnote and Gurren Lagann, Code Geass is like a combination of both of them with a little bit of Gundam thrown in there

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
if you liked Deathnote and Gurren Lagann, Code Geass is like a combination of both of them with a little bit of Gundam thrown in there

Seen it, it was okay, but I never truly got into it. I think it just felt inferior to deathnote at the time lol.

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
Seen it, it was okay, but I never truly got into it. I think it just felt inferior to deathnote at the time lol.

I'm not a huge anime person, but I stumbled across Deathnote and had to finish it. I tried watching Code Geass afterward, but sadly it just didn't seem to measure up, it was entertaining...just not on the same level as Death Note IMO.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Awasaka Under the Bridge is alright, but it's very whacky. Classic Japanese style of humor, where everyone has lost their minds except for the main character. It's okay, good if you need something to watch.

The World God Only Knows is pretty recent (part 2 just came out), and it's quite entertaining.

12 Kingdoms (which is an epic quest to... kill some monsters?) is watchable, and entertaining (better than the average), but it didn't draw me in like a superb anime would. Same with Eden Of The East (which is about some weird, rich world saving system) and Zoku Natsume Yojin-Cho (which is about spirits).

Definitely recommend The Melancholy of Haruhi and K-On! Haruhi for its excellent story, and K-On for its (ironically?) excellent lack of story ;). And Finally, Toaru Majutsu no Index or Toaru Railgun... something something... they are great animes, I enjoyed Railgun much more, the story developed really well, and the characters were great.

Gintama is a great quirky, smirk-inducing anime. It's like an IV of random events and japanese humor streaming into your brain. Too bad it doesn't work properly on my xbox :(

Nicodemus

Hello!

I wish that someone give me anime recommendations based on the following rating of series I have already seen (top to bottom = good to bad). It is not necessary to name 'Ergo Proxy' since I am already watching it.

Finished:

- Code Geass
- Death Note
- Shigurui: Death Frenzy
- Darker Than Black
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Baccano!
- Eden of the East
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Black Butler

Canceled:

- Samurai Champloo
- Elfen Lied
- Dragon Ball Z
- Wolf's Rain
- Bleach
- Naruto
- Gurren Lagann

Thank you.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello!

I wish that someone give me anime recommendations based on the following rating of series I have already seen (top to bottom = good to bad). It is not necessary to name 'Ergo Proxy' since I am already watching it.

Finished:

- Code Geass
- Death Note
- Darker Than Black
- Baccano!
- Eden of the East
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Black Butler

Canceled:

- Samurai Champloo
- Elfen Lied
- Dragon Ball Z
- Wolf's Rain
- Bleach
- Naruto
- Gurren Lagann

Thank you.

Hmm, I've only seen Full Metal Alchemist on your finished list.. but for the most part I agree with your cancelled. You may like 12 Kingdoms, it's a 'teenage girl falls into alternate world' setup, but it's an action drama, none of that googly eyes comedy stuff. Also there's a remake of The Count of Monte Cristo that is engaging and gorgeous. _

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello!

Finished:

- Code Geass
- Death Note
- Darker Than Black
- Baccano!
- Eden of the East
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Black Butler

Canceled:

- Samurai Champloo
- Elfen Lied
- Dragon Ball Z
- Wolf's Rain
- Bleach
- Naruto
- Gurren Lagann

Thank you.

From that list I see you like to see two complete opposites at work against each other, so you might like Gungrave. This anime offers a pretty good plot. A little tough to get into though.

Also, have you checked out Claymore? It's pretty much in a class of its own.

Same goes for Casshern Sins, also uncomparable to other anime, beautiful anime, no childish crap in it, lots of heavy subjects. But not for everyone and has a bit of a slow pace (which imo makes it that much better, but you might disagree.).

Gantz might be right up your alley if they didn't completely fuck up the anime after episode 15 or 16 or so. But because the anime ending sucks I don't really recommend it.

[MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] suggested juuni kokuki (12 kingdoms) but I don't think that's much for you. It's very hard to get through the first 5 or so episodes as the protagonist is downright unlikable for the first part of the anime, has some weird shit in it that wasn't neccesary at times and there's this arc in the middle of the anime of like 10 episodes long that's pretty bad, has an open ending and just serves as some background story. Still, the main story I quite liked myself nonetheless, but I'm not as picky as you are probably. :p

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As for my personal number 1, it's probably Casshern Sins, because it's so unique and original. From start to end I was captivated by it and the end was surprisingly not all that bad (I'm often dissappointed by anime endings.). But it's definately not for everyone. :>

Also, always watch anime with english subtitles. The english voice over actors used in anime are super bad, and the japanese voice overs are generally pretty damn good.