• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dead Space

G

Ginkgo

Yesterday I picked up Dead Space and 30 minutes in, I was already hooked on it like a slow but satisfying morphine drip. It's new for me in that I've never played a suspense based game, and the game delivers in gameplay, but I'm trying to dig into the lore/plot a bit.

Is there anything I should expect?

What are your opinions on the game and it's sequel?

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Videos I've seen looked really intriguing. Is it scarier than Doom 3? (There's a point where the random imp behind your back just becomes an annoying cliché.)
Also, is it a 1st or 3rd person shooter?

G

Ginkgo

Videos I've seen looked really intriguing. Is it scarier than Doom 3? (There's a point where the random imp behind your back just becomes an annoying cliché.)
Also, is it a 1st or 3rd person shooter?

It's 3rd person, and involves dead tentacle babies launching themselves at you from medicine cabinets.

130310861436-What_the_fuck_man.jpg

uncommonentity

Ah, Resident Evil 4 in space. You should hopefully get enough enjoyment out of the first game without having to pick up the second. You might be all like ZOMG I WANT SOME MORE ISAAC PLZ like I was and be able to find it nice and cheap but you really have to ask yourself if you want to spend another 9hrs stomping on baby corpses for gold. I beat the sequel using nothing but the plasma rifle and DIDN'T GET ANYTHING FOR IT HAHAHA. <slitswrists>