• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Untraditional art forms, an appreciation

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I just love this version of the Raven, by Poe

YouTube - raven

It's the Simpsons one. I know cartoon is art, but the Simpsons doing poetry readings, and actually carrying off, is non traditional. If you haven't seen this before, even if you don't much like the Simpsons, give this a try, I think it's a masterpiece of crossover between art and humour.

-Geoff

That was brilliant and hilarious.

Here's something untraditional that I find artistic:

YouTube - Every wanna be rocker's dream come true

I find it a breathtaking demonstration of our culture

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
This guy, who was a dope dealer I knew off and on in my college years, once told me that he and his friends had slipped a tape recorder into a room where a city council meeting was about to take place, for this very small college town. They retrieved it after the meeting was over. He laughed and said that "It was like an unintentional 'Firesign Theater' or something. Aunt Bea arguing with Mr. Drysdale over pointless crap. We would get stoned and then play it." I had hoped he would do that very thing after describing it to me, but I never got to hear it.

Last edited:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Check this out :

Monday 21st May | The Graffiti Project

A 900 year old castle in Scotland is being graffiti'd. Saw it on tv earlier.. just looks amazing. It's only there for a while (its on render that will be removed in due course), but what a bold statement for a historic treasure.

-Geoff