• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Yeah, my favorite of Tyrion/Peter was the whole scene of him on trial against Shae and his father.

Well Season 8 is going to be an incredibly loaded season, so it's really going to be hard how much they're gonna let each character shine.

I mean Sansa has been increasing in character/plot value slowly over time (it's most noticeable in season 6)
Arya was intensely an interesting character post-S6

Bran is a fickle character, he's kind of been in and out and it's only this very last episode had he shown a strong significance in the show (I mean yeah yeah the whole journey what not, but it felt like a side story until he could really show his powers)

Jon Snow they gotta be careful with because he and Daenerys are going to have a huge focal point against Cercei and her deserted siblings lol. How much of the part of the show they're going to give is going to be immensely a huge task while giving many other characters a chance.

We also have to settle with the whole fleet of the Iron Islands, I could see them easily just have half an episode to themselves and that's it.

And freaking let Brienne of Tarth and Sandor Clegane duke it out against the zombie-horde with Tormund of course too.

I'm afraid that Melisandre might take a back role because of the major boo she got for being a deserting witch with her only redeeming quality of raising Jon back from the dead.

and then surprise us all with Natalie Dormer Margaery being alive the whole time.. (I mean jaime should've been dead from this last season :wink:) I'm joking about that bit though :p

Yeah...

and of course Jaime being the number one bad ass of the show, letting his kingslayer change to: queenslayer hahaha
Jon and Dany are probably understandably going to grab the dragon’s share (couldn’t say lion next to their names) of the focus. Arya to me is one of the most interesting characters as far as transformation over the series and she’s arguably the single most dangerous character in the story. There are so many characters that I love still standing at this point I’m really shocked tbh. I think the hound will face Frakenmountain and I don’t think Tormund (as much as he’s a favorite of mine) stands a chance with Brienne. Jaime killing Cersei is just poetic.

Margaery still being alive would be cool. I thought she was lovely. The loveliest blue eyes ever. Damn you Cersei!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jon and Dany are probably understandably going to grab the dragon’s share (couldn’t say lion next to their names) of the focus. Arya to me is one of the most interesting characters as far as transformation over the series and she’s arguably the single most dangerous character in the story. There are so many characters that I love still standing at this point I’m really shocked tbh. I think the hound will face Frakenmountain and I don’t think Tormund (as much as he’s a favorite of mine) stands a chance with Brienne. Jaime killing Cersei is just poetic.

Margaery still being alive would be cool. I thought she was lovely. The loveliest blue eyes ever. Damn you Cersei!

Margaery was single handedly the most babe of all the babes in the show. I guess her death was to make you hate Cercei anymore now that you say it that way :D

Yeah friggin Sir Gregor-I want that thing to die. Although admittedly caused a little bit of a wow factor for being so silent.

Maybe might have an interesting zombie battle of the zombies :p (you can't kill me, I'm already dead har har har) <- not with the terrible dialogue like that but something along those lines :D

Margaery was single handedly the most babe of all the babes in the show. I guess her death was to make you hate Cercei anymore now that you say it that way :D

Yeah friggin Sir Gregor-I want that thing to die. Although admittedly caused a little bit of a wow factor for being so silent.

Maybe might have an interesting zombie battle of the zombies :p (you can't kill me, I'm already dead har har har) <- not with the terrible dialogue like that but something along those lines :D

I hate Cersei. She honestly brought most of her misery upon herself (don’t we all).

I would have liked a show totally chronicling Arya’s journey. To really go in depth about the faceless men.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hate Cersei. She honestly brought most of her misery upon herself (don’t we all).

I would have liked a show totally chronicling Arya’s journey. To really go in depth about the faceless men.

Pretty much. I love Lena Headey as an actress though, so I will be kind of sad of Cercei dying (if she dies at all I mean) but good for the plot haha.

GoT likes to be unpredictable so it could have a happy ending with an "uh oh" or just... a complete series. It's kind of hard to imagine the show though if GoT let Cercei win. But there's a lot of great minds there.

I mean yeah, but imo it could easily go the other way. The whole training must've been insanely repetitive.

Pretty much. I love Lena Headey as an actress though, so I will be kind of sad of Cercei dying (if she dies at all I mean) but good for the plot haha.

GoT likes to be unpredictable so it could have a happy ending with an "uh oh" or just... a complete series. It's kind of hard to imagine the show though if GoT let Cercei win. But there's a lot of great minds there.

I mean yeah, but imo it could easily go the other way. The whole training must've been insanely repetitive.

If it’s true to form it won’t end happy. Maybe a mix.

My wild prediction: Daenerys succumbs to the madness her father endured and Jon Snow will have to kill her. A romantic tragedy as would seem befitting for a dark tale of sex, violence, revenge and betrayal.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If it’s true to form it won’t end happy. Maybe a mix.

My wild prediction: Daenerys succumbs to the madness her father endured and Jon Snow will have to kill her. A romantic tragedy as would seem befitting for a dark tale of sex, violence, revenge and betrayal.

Yeah...

o_o Jon and Dany doing that?! After the incredible sex everyone has waited FOR?!

Well then the Starks win and Jon just weds Cercei and then they have incredibly hot sex.

Okay sorry I've been watching funny videos on Youtube I guess the better answer is:

Good answer, I have no more to say! :laugh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Game of Thrones Learned All the Wrong Lessons From George R.R. Martin | The New Republic

...unlike the television show, Martin won’t face similar constraints of time and budget. To some extent, this is just what prestige TV series do: They speed up as the end gets near, and everyone who isn’t Walter White or Tony Soprano becomes collateral damage. But it’s a problem that’s likely to get worse in Game of Thrones’s final season, given the narrative ground it still has to cover. Over the course of the next six hours of television, Jon must learn his true parentage and deal with the fallout. The Night King and Cersei must be defeated, and the arcs of every character who isn’t Jon and Dany have to be resolved. That’s a lot to do, and, if the last season of Game of Thrones is any indication, it’s too much.

George R.R. Martin Has Never Gotten Over This Major ‘Game Of Thrones’ Change

You can probably make a decent guess at what change they are referring to.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The fact that he's publishing a giant one of two tome on the history of the Targeryan kings is just... spraying urine all over our paper cuts from reading these books.

I agree that the final season isn't going to do the story the justice it deserves... but considering that Martin is nowhere near publishing WoW and that he is most likely going to be dead long before a dream of spring (and the likely additional book that will need to be tacked on to this because Ne can't help itself) is even a hint on the wind... it will have to be the ending to live with.

especially since he doesn't want to summon King Brandon Sanderson, the first of his name, finisher of endless novels, after death.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Isn’t it going to be 2 hours per episode though? They’re making it seem like it’s just a normal 6 episode season.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think they are double episodes, I think they are running longer than expected though.

This article from Summer 207 suggests 80+ minutes apiece.
Season 8 ‘Game of Thrones’ Episodes Could be Feature Length | Deadline
HBO gives Game of Thrones season 8 release date and episode length update: 'It's a big season' | The Independent

"I imagine they’ll be longer but … I’m not sure [how long]," he said. "We haven’t had that discussion yet because I don’t know how long the episodes are going to be. Two hours per episode seems like it would be excessive, but it’s a great show, so who knows?"

This article is from Jan 2018 but doesn't really commit to anything.
Game of Thrones Season 8 Episodes May Not All Be Film Length

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Premised on cost and practicality, they'll likely rush Season 8. :(

yeah :/

waited years and years to find out how this story ends.

and now it's dissolving into the cliff notes version.

i mean the closure of these novels almost needs to be its own novel. :laugh:

and meanwhile grrm is too busy writing everything but the actual novels to finish them himself.

probably the most frustrating thing is how, especially coupled with robert jordan's untimely end, this deters people from investing in these epic fantasties.. both as a book publisher and as a fan.

what is the point if it's never going to be finished?

at this stage i feel like i will just dump all of my eggs into the brandon sanderson and jim butcher baskets and be done with it

rav3n

and meanwhile grrm is too busy writing everything but the actual novels to finish them himself.

probably the most frustrating thing is how, especially coupled with robert jordan's untimely end, this deters people from investing in these epic fantasties.. both as a book publisher and as a fan.

what is the point if it's never going to be finished?

at this stage i feel like i will just dump all of my eggs into the brandon sanderson and jim butcher baskets and be done with it
Let's start lobbying for a law that forces P writers to have J coauthors!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I lol'ed at his announcement that TWOW will not be coming in 2018. No shit!

At this point, I'm just waiting to see the inevitable ending next season where Hot Pie feeds the Night's King a dragonglass-infused scone and becomes Lord of the Seven Kingdoms.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We'll call it the 'George RR Martin Series Completion Before Death Since Robert Jordan, Frank Herbert and Anne McCaffrey Are Already Fucking Dead, Act of 2018'.

:laugh:

And then petition Brandon Sanderson to just write all of their books at the same time he gets all of his shit together.

I lol'ed at his announcement that TWOW will not be coming in 2018. No shit!

At this point, I'm just waiting to see the inevitable ending next season where Hot Pie feeds the Night's King a dragonglass-infused scone and becomes Lord of the Seven Kingdoms.

:laugh:

And then in the last sentence you see Little Finger stepping back into the shadows stroking a white cat.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We'll call it the 'George RR Martin Series Completion Before Death Since Robert Jordan, Frank Herbert and Anne McCaffrey Are Already Fucking Dead, Act of 2018'.

It would be the most important legislation to come out of the Trump congress/administration, hands down.