• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Is anyone looking forward to this game? It's out in May.

I really enjoyed the first Witcher. If you haven't played it and you like RPGs, I strongly recommend it. I preferred it over the Dragon Age games.
I liked the music too, even though it was mostly sampler instruments (though an excellent example of what can be done with technology).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_2:_Assassins_of_Kings

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Yep, I really am excited about The Witcher 2. I played the first Witcher and later I read all the books about it, which I really enjoyed.

I did not read much about The Witcher 2 yet though. I just saw a bit of the graphics and the fighting, which hopefully will be a bit more exciting than that of The Witcher 1 (it wasn't terrible, but it could have been more variable).

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually didn't finish the first one. I got stuck around the part where I earned a lot of money, then I spent it all on hookers.
Well, I lie. But I did get a nasty reputation in the game. :D Collected those pictures you get, you know. Even nailed the wood nymph.
Anyway, I will most definitely play the second game, and I might even play the old one just to finish it this time around. I don't know why I didn't continue.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Anyone playing this? It's significantly harder than Dragon Age II and looks nicer to boot.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone playing this? It's significantly harder than Dragon Age II and looks nicer to boot.

I never even heard of it until you mentioned it, but I'll look it up. I was disappointed in DA2... I finished that game once and couldn't replay it.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I couldn't get into DA2 myself at all. Barely played through much at all.

I've pre-ordered witcher 2 a few months ago, my PC should start downloading soon.

Although I am currently also quite happy messing about in Heroes of Newerth. I'm actually getting fairly decent at that game, and I love the fact each game lasts ~40 mins and you can just walk away and come back a week later and not miss out on anything. Since every game you start at level 1. Ofcourse, it's nothing like an RPG, no storylines or cutscenes. Just some competative multiplayer gaming.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I received it as a gift and will probably play it this weekend.

Wasn't the Witcher a game regarding bonking tavern wenches to collect their 'collectors cards' with monster slaying as a side quest?

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Well, I played the first one without hunting for every willing woman and it was still fun, so I would say it is not the main objective :D The "sex card" thing just got much more attention in discussions because it is a bit unusual.

I bought Witcher 2 last week, but didn't have much time to play it yet. Game looks nice so far and combat is quite different to the first one and to those in other RPGs, which made it very hard to find in (I died already so often) together with the fact that the tutorial is not as good as in the first Witcher, but I think I am getting used to it. I just wish my computer would be strong enough to play it on higher details, although the game doesn't look bad even on lower details.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
So anyway, I thought this game was pretty good, right up until the point that it seemed to end prematurely. If it was 1/4-1/3 longer, it could have been great.