• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Music-Related Guilty Pleasure.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
All right folks, you know you've got'em ;). We're all friends here, what is your music-related guilty pleasure? Go ahead and list what you listen to normally and what it is that breaks off from the norm. :D

I'll start off,

While I usually lean towards the ska scene with large doses of Classical music I have to admit that I'm constantly nodding my head and tapping my foot to what I hear from Katy Perry on the radio... I also really like a lot of stuff from Vanessa Carlton and Michelle Branch. (I actually own a cd!)

You're up!

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Savage Garden. I developed this horny obsession with Darren Hayes when I was around 18-19, listened to their music incessantly for like a year, and paid good money to see them in concert. It came up on my MP3 on random in the car not too long ago, in front of friends. My indie cred took a massive hit.

My ESFP mate has a particular obsession with soft rock from the 70s and songwriters, so now I'm listening to way too much Fogelberg, Sedaka, and James effing Taylor. Love makes me do effed up things.

First time I went to England, I was on my own there for nearly a month. I was constantly hearing "Rollercoaster" by B*Witched and "Picture Of You" by Boyzone. Before I left, I bought the singles so I would always remember that trip. Whenever those songs come up on my MP3 player, I compulsively tell that story, like "Please understand I like these songs in a nostalgic, slightly ironic, fashion". It doesn't matter, I get made fun of and I suppose I should.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love female voices and wish I was a soprano even though I'm a guy with a really low speaking voice

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i love corny mindless rap music, almost as much as i like really good rap music. i like soulja boy(this.right here.is my.swag.), pitbull, gucci, waka flocka flame. also i fuck with miley cyrus on occasion.

plus i get nostalgic and love 90's/early 2000's pop music. i went to a backstreet boys concert with a couple of coworkers this summer (wish it was nsync though.)

i don't feel guilty about any of that though. i like one kesha song (no i am not putting a dollar sign in her name.) that i feel guilty about.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't even know where to begin, but I'll start here. The first CD I ever purchased myself was the first Spice Girls cd.

Secondly, and currently, my guilty pleasures really really cheezy dream pop with female vocalists. Also, I listen to the first 3 CD's from The Cardigans every single day on repeat. I wouldn't necessarily file that as a guilty pleasure per-say, but if anyone were to find my iPod and discover this stuff, I'd probably have to kill them.

Where do I even start? I listen to Aqua non-ironically. I belt out Ke$ha in the shower. I've been karaokeing to Hilary Duff since who knows when. And I practically live for Glee's autotuned as fuck covers.

Also: Christmas music inappropriately early.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I listen to the goo goo dolls and the fray. Among other songs that would cause me to be made fun of. I'm totally digging p!nk-raise your glass, at the moment plus I have all her albums on the itunes. Oh and I love glee! I have all of the first season songs, I also like lily allen and lady gaga. But lady gaga was classically trained and does have talent, she just hides it because she realized she could make more money realeasing subpar pop songs.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lady Gaga
Katy Perry
Air Supply
Chicago
Journey
Carly Simon
Barry Manilow
Hall & Oates
The Manhatten Transfer
Five for Fighting

(...Actually, I like a lot of different crap from all different eras and genres.)

Patches said:
inb4 Rebecca Black

"AHHH! IT BURNS! IT BURNS!" *holds ears*

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Journey a fucking guilty pleasure?

I just had to google the goddamn definition of "Guilty Pleasure" because of that.
A guilty pleasure is something one enjoys and considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it. The "guilt" involved is sometimes simply fear of others discovering one's lowbrow or otherwise embarrassing tastes.

Journey is embarrassing? Thats quality music right there.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Journey is embarrassing? Thats quality music right there.

Unless maybe she feels classic rock is over-rated? /shrug I'm not the biggest fan but I would attest to it being well composed music, especially for the era.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Where should I start? I'm a walking guilty pleasure all by myself! No need to guilty pleasureize myself even more. Okay, here you have a song I downloaded today:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8qGE1Lr4Q0"]Errrr[/YOUTUBE]

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
well, i like good rock(mostly stoner), some metal, some rap, some psy trance etc.

and then stuff like this

dunno if guilty pleasures is a right word, but this sort of stuff goes quite alot against on how many people see me as

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Definitely Lady Gaga

Honorable mention to the Insane Clown Posse for making me question the electromagnetic force

[YOUTUBE="OvmvxAcT_Yc"]How do Magnets Work?[/YOUTUBE]

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
dunno if guilty pleasures is a right word, but this sort of stuff goes quite alot against on how many people see me as

Gah! :steam::steam::steam:

There's no way PJ Harvey or Portishead should ever be called guilty pleasures!!! I guess, though, if you feel guilty about it because you feel they're embarrassing given your usual tastes, then they are guilty pleasures for you.

I suppose my guilty pleasures would be Delerium and Deep Forest. They're corny as hell, but I like them anyway.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I'm struggling to think of a guilty pleasure of myself. Going through the list of most played songs in winamp it's maybe Happy hardcore? Though I don't consider it a guilty pleasure, since it's quite simply a briliant song.

[YOUTUBE="UkzsYOP6OEI"]CLSM feat. Stephan B. (Panacea Remix)[/YOUTUBE]

There's some industrial hardcore:

[YOUTUBE="pOLH5oYMHgE"]The Outside Agency[/YOUTUBE]

For the rest I don't really listen to anything considered crappy by the fans of the repective genres. Unless it's ironic off course.

well, i like good rock(mostly stoner), some metal, some rap, some psy trance etc.

and then stuff like this

:shock: WTF are you doing posting PJ Harvey and Portishead as guilty pleasures? Those are critically acclaimed musicians/bands!