• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Coldplay album is best?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Maybe the only band that has 3 albums that I still can't choose a favorite from. I've followed them since they released "A Rush of Blood to the Head."

Which do you think is their best release?

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
My favourite would have to be "A Rush of Blood to the Head", there isn't really a bad song on that album, and it really works as a whole album.

I particularly love the whole Faith vs. Science theme that runs through the album; the protagonist doesn't seem sure whether he should follow logic or faith. For me it is one of the most spiritual albums I've listened to, I wouldn't consider myself religious, but it seems to pose it's concept in questions rather than statements making it more relatible.

Their follow up "XY" on the otherhand just feels like a songbook really, no real concept just catchy songs. "Parachutes" is a bit hit and miss really but "Trouble", and especially "Don't Panic" are fantastic songs.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
My favourite would have to be "A Rush of Blood to the Head", there isn't really a bad song on that album, and it really works as a whole album.

I particularly love the whole Faith vs. Science theme that runs through the album; the protagonist doesn't seem sure whether he should follow logic or faith. For me it is one of the most spiritual albums I've listened to, I wouldn't consider myself religious, but it seems to pose it's concept in questions rather than statements making it more relatible.

Their follow up "XY" on the otherhand just feels like a songbook really, no real concept just catchy songs. "Parachutes" is a bit hit and miss really but "Trouble", and especially "Don't Panic" are fantastic songs.
I kind of agree with your opinions on each album. "Don't Panic" is one of my favorite Coldplay songs but I also really like "Spies" from "Parachutes," although I really don't understand the meaning of the song. It's a real cool song and it's got a neat vibe though...

I think I lean towards liking the album "A Rush of Blood to the Head" most as well, but I'm not really definite.

I wonder if they'll fall apart on their next album. Hope not.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
I hate people who hate this band.

Haha, sorry, I felt slightly bad about my sarcastic post. I actually have all of their three albums on my PC. I think I have listened most to Parachutes. The vocalist has a very nice voice, and they write some good, catchy pop music. But you know I hardly feel their music is very artistic and innovative. That's where you have to give Radiohead credit, they have maintained an amazing and very rare artistic integrity for a band that popular and they are by far the strongest innovative force in popular music. Their role in pop music is remarkably similar to that of The Beatles back in the old days, when I had yet to exist.