• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Calling All MSTies. Your favorite episodes?

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm making this thread based around my theory there are a fair number of MST3K fans around here. I figure, the worst that can happen if I'm wrong is this thread will die a slow death until it disappears somewhere on Page 35.

Favorite episodes?

I'm a Joel groupie, and my favorite ep of all time is "I Accuse My Parents". It's not Sci-Fi or Mystery, but to me it's the tightest and funniest episode ever. The set pieces are just as funny as the wisecracking in that one, and it's the one I quote the most (hamburger sammich with french fried potatoes garnish, anyone?). Tom Servo's opening song on that one is the best one ever.

I also have a soft-spot for "Red Zone Cuba" and the endless Coleman Francis jokes.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love this show! I like the Pod People and Santa Claus Meets the Martians the Best.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm a Mike devotee. FACEOFF!

I'll have to remember specific favorite eps. I love Mitchell, and the Rowsdower one (is that one Final Sacrifice?)! Werewolf is awesome because of the closing credits.

I Accuse My Parents! was great, too!

As far as the segments between movie sign, some of my faves are Tubular Boobular and Gypsy's "I Don't Get You" to Crow.

[YOUTUBE="3nb-Uw7K1fE"]Gypsy![/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="_ePusmtf1IQ"]Tubular Boobular[/YOUTUBE]

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
@Tallulah: No, no! No face-off! I love Mike too! I just have a soft spot for Joel :wubbie:

I LOVE 'Time Chasers' too. To this day, whenever a fellow MSTie and I hear really bad electronic music on a television show, one of us inevitably says "DEMO key on Casio keyboard pressed by _____".

"Pod People" is awesome. The 'trumpy' jokes are endless.

'Overdrawn At The Memory Bank" and "Merlin's Shop Of Mystical Wonders" are really friggin' funny too. I've only seen "Cave Dwellers" once (we call it "Dwave Kellers") and it was so incredibly bad it's hard to think of revisiting it, but I think maybe I'm ready. Same thing for "Manos - Hands Of Fate" (though, there IS the haunting 'Torgo Theme' to go back to).

I think it's really true that people either love MST3K or they hate it. When I try introducing it to people, they either get it right away and get all into it, or they're just like "This is annoying".

I really want them to release more, there are some titles I can't watch anymore because they're on video tapes that were passed around so many times they're now pretty much unplayable. "Alien From L.A." was this Kathy Ireland vehicle, a really bad 'Blade Runner' wannabe but it was so good. It sucks when they can't get the rights. I managed to get the original Volume 10 with the Godzilla movie before they pulled it from the shelves. I haven't tried 'Rifftrax' yet, I'm not sure it would be the same experience (plus, I'm technologically handicapped in a lot of ways and I'm still not sure how it works).

They also did a couple of clips where they ripped on 'Titanic' for the MTV movies awards or something, and I can't find those clips anywhere. You guys know which ones I'm talking about? To this day, when I watch that movie and see the captain overlooking the sea at the beginning with that satisfied look on his face, I just hear "I'm gonna get plastered and sink this bitch" in my head, ahaha.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Oh, man, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank is classic!

Yeah, I don't trust people who don't think MST3K is funny. That stuff is clever, yo!

You would really like Rifftrax. I have seen a whole bunch of them, and they always make me laugh. Some movies, like Daredevil and the Twilights series are unwatchable without a Rifftrax!

I know what you're talking about with the Titanic thing, but I can't find it, either. They did do a whole Rifftrax for Titanic, too, though.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
OH GOD!!!

My boyfriend has me hooked on Mystery Science Theater! I freaking love it so much. We actually would have MST3K parties in which we would all join in on the commentary, bahaha.

I can't remember the name of my favorite one, but it was a western they were making fun of with this goofy ass sheriff. He must've said, "Go head on" a good hundred times throughout the movie. He just ends up in Mexico, shouting GO HEAD ON to everyone. HAHAHA.

I find myself saying it in everyday conversation. I'm going to go watch one now on Netflix, yippee!

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Chants- Joel! Joel! Joel! yes I like Mike too. I have too many favorites, even some of the less great ones have great moments! Love the show. I have used it to test my friends'' sense of humor. Love the show. When I meet people in rl that like it or even have heard of it, I usually scare them... gush,gush. Love the show. :heart:

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

Also, anytime they rip Joe Don Baker's ass is well worth multiple viewings.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Did somebody say Joe Don Baker?

[YOUTUBE="BOCqlKNW9rU"]MITCHELL! [/YOUTUBE]