• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rebecca Black Parody?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have to ride in the car today...

What seat shall I take? What day is tomorrow?

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Honestly I think this parody nonsense is absurd, the only thing this video has that hints at it being a parody is that it is an "imitation" of a musical composition. I don't think its worthy of being called an actual musical composition :).

3. burlesque imitation of a musical composition.
^--- dictionary.com

I'm currently in the process of studying film editing and the more I see the video the more it strikes me that it is not professionally made. The camera equipment is very nice equipment I will admit, but the style in which the music video was editing strays so far from the norm of a professional quality music video. And then you consider the song... heavens whoever wrote that and thought it a fine piece of music has issues.

Honestly I think its just some girl who's parents have money and let her make a music video for her birthday or something. There is nothing wrong with that but the professional air of a music video isn't there. The fuss is undeserved imo.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU1v_XKgEPc"]don't know if this should go here or cover songs[/YOUTUBE]

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Who is the fat George Clooney that slid in at the end, and why is he important?

Honestly, I didn't think it was that funny. Could have been better.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who is the fat George Clooney that slid in at the end, and why is he important?

Honestly, I didn't think it was that funny. Could have been better.

Taylor Hicks. Won American Idol awhile back, if memory serves. And yes, it was moderately funny, but I wish they had turned the ham up to 11.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
O_O

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti1D9t8n0qA"]Satan - Friday[/YOUTUBE]

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:shrug: I like all the parodies from it, but it wasn't a parody on her part. She's a tween, that likes to sing clean songs, that likes Justin Bieber. I don't much see a problem with her.

Plus, she didnt write the song. I'd make fun of the song writer long before I made fun of her.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Y'all are a tough crowd. I thought the Colbert/Fallon/Hicks thing was great. Though I guess at this point so many parodies have been done that it has to be something mindblowing to get anyone's attention.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
MONDAY by Patches

IT MONDAY, MONDAY
GOTTA DO WORK ON MONDAY
EVERYBODY'S RECOVERING FROM THE WEEKEND, WEEKEND
MONDAY, MONDAY
DOIN' WORK ON MONDAY
EVERYBODY'S RECOVERING FROM THE WEEKEND

PROCRASTINATIN', PROCRASTINATIN' YEAH!
PROCRASTINATIN', PROCRASTINATIN' YEAH!

SHIT, SHIT, SHIT, SHIT
I STILL HAVE 4 REPORTS TO WRITE

WRITING WITH MY BLACK PEN
WRITING WITH MY BLUE PEN
I CANT MAKE MY MIND UP
WHICH PEN SHOULD I UUUUUUUUSSSSSSEEEEE?

Yeah. I just wrote that lyrical masterpeice by myself. While I should have been doing work. If I could sing worth a damn, I would learn to play Friday on my piano and throw that shit up on YouTube.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
DEAR CITIZENS OF TYPOLOGY CENTRAL: Fear not, for our queen has not given up her singing career!

Ou3ZH.png

Kimchitasi

MBTI Type
N
Enneagram
This isn't a parody. . . I know people who actually like the song -though I do not, thank God.-

R

RDF

Just noticed this news item and decided to update the thread.

The central point of the article: The song has been taken off YouTube for the time being. People have decided that there's money to be made from the song after all, and they are breaking out the lawyers to fight over it.

The Fight Over ‘Friday’

Ark Music Factory, which is locked in a rights dispute with teen singer Rebecca Black over her viral video “Friday,” says it was “blindsided” by the recent decision to take the clip down from YouTube.

“We’re disappointed, having been in good faith negotiations with Rebecca Black and her representatives for months regarding any open issues,” an Ark Music representative said in a statement. “There’s been an ongoing, open dialogue with our company. So we were blindsided to get a Take Down Notice—with no notice–alleging copyright infringement instead of a call or email from Rebecca’s representatives.”

Black’s representatives did not respond to a request for comment.

Black and Ark Music are reportedly at odds over how the song–an unexpected viral hit–should be commercially exploited, and how the profits should be split. The video was briefly removed from YouTube reportedly due to a copyright claim filed by Black. Hours later, the video resurfaced as a director’s cut on Black’s Vevo page only to be removed again.

In its statement Ark said “we are going to continue to take the high road and work out the complaint as soon as possible so that the million-plus people who watch Friday for free each day can continue to enjoy the video.”

Using funding from her mother, Black recorded “Friday” with Ark Music basically as a vanity exercise, with little expectation that it would find an audience. It quickly went viral–although it was panned by most critics and many listeners, it was ironically embraced by others as the ultimate guilty-pleasure pop song. The track was re-recorded for the TV show “Glee,” and Black became a web star.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011...in-rights-dispute-over-rebecca-blacks-friday/