• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rebecca Black Parody?

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh please... not more of your INTP hyper-emo-idealism!
I need a shower.

What would you have Rebecca Black do? Some math homework? Ride a bike? Plant some trees for 4H club?

If the choice is between entertaining millions, raising huge amounts of money to assist with humanitarian relief efforts, seizing the initiative to make a true talent burst through into the public eye, or living the expected life we impress upon 13-year-olds, the decision becomes all too obvious. It isn't idealism, it is simply what it is. Haters will inevitably hate, but a wise one would absolve himself or herself of any contempt for this music or the person making the music. But moving beyond this pettiness is really hard. Why feel good about what she has accomplished when we can instead tear her down in the age of vulnerability, in the hour of spring. Why wish her a bright future when we can instead ridicule her to hide our own insecurities?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Humph!

I don't give a dam if she is Mother Theresa's love child. Crap is crap. Two things of greater value in this world is truth and beauty and nevertheless the media is peddling out en mass lies and kitsch

electronic voice synthesizers are creating host of "singers" in the media who don't know how to sing. Irony much? 2010s look to be putting out music that under does most of crap peddled out by the mass media in the 2000s. As we evolve the arts devolve. These types of thoughts can remind one this line by Orson Wales in the movie The Third Man.

Harry Lime: Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Humph!
electronic voice synthesizers are creating host of "singers" in the media who don't know how to sing. 2010s look to be putting out music that under does most of crap peddled out by the mass media in the 2000s. As we evolve the arts devolve. These types of thoughts can remind one this line by Orson Wales in the movie The Third Man.

Technology changes, people bitch. This has been and probably will always be true.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cultural/Personal Analysis of this Musical Gem

Oo-ooh-ooh, hoo yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah, yeah, yeah

My favorite part of the song (except when it ends).

The philosophical implications of this statement, especially if you perceive the algebraic substitionary variables that can be filled with whatever you like in order to emulate the correct bio-Fourier-series are absolutely mind-blowing.

Seven a.m., waking up in the morning

I get up at 4:30am. She is living the dream.

Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal

Tears in my eyes now. I still remember eating Cookie Crisp in sixth grade for breakfast, along with Crazy ("It turns your milk chocolate!") Cow cereal. Oh, to relive those lost days. Alas. :(

Seein’ everything, the time is goin’
Tickin’ on and on, everybody’s rushin’
Gotta get down to the bus stop
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

It must be nice to have friends. *cries*

Kickin’ in the front seat
Sittin’ in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

So much easier than figuring out which portfolio plan to dump my IRA money into so as not to be wiped out completely when the stock market inevitably tanks overnight.

It’s Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin’ down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend

Ah, an allusion to those modern dreamy allusionists known as Loverboy!

Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah)
Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Lookin’ forward to the weekend

And now a blend of warrior-poet Eddie Murphy + the Beach Boys.

7:45, we’re drivin’ on the highway
Cruisin’ so fast, I want time to fly
Fun, fun, think about fun
You know what it is
I got this, you got this
My friend is by my right, ay...

I hope she doesn't live in England.

We-we-we so excited
We so excited

And now a homage to the Pointer Sisters.

(C’mon) Passin’ by is a school bus in front of me
Makes tick tock, tick tock, wanna scream

And to Harlan "TickTockMan, I have no Mouth..." Ellison.

Amazing, considering it took Mozart until age 5 to really begin to start to put his body of musical work. And he died young. We might easily have 70 more years of Rebecca Black.

Work hard now(monday-thursday), receive my reward later(friday). The day of reckoning is upon us; The prophecy of Friday is true!

Ah. And now we see the inlaid pattern of Judeo "Work hard now, play later [if there is actually a playtime]" Christianity at the fore.

But why do they have to bring us back again for Monday? Can't we just stay dead?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Which post shall I ma---ake???

Somewhere, whomever wrote this song is laughing, though whether due to humourous parady, sadism or merely pleasure at the unexpected popularity of a badly written set of lyrics, I'm not sure.

:rofl1:

i dunno, she's cute, the song is cute, but god the lyrics are inane as hell, and whoever let her go without additional vocal training is an idiot. the way she says "friday" is painful. i have way more of a problem with her producers than her. unless they all know it's a parody, in which case it's brilliant but extremely annoying.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I listened to it last Friday, and my thoughts were - you don't have to get out there and do something GREAT, you just have to get out there and do SOMETHING, with your heart in it.

I agree the song's weak, but it's got an addicting little hook, relevance to about 99% of the scholastic / working world (who doesn't feel happy when it's Friday) and obviously she's thrilled to do the video, and somehow, it gets noticed.

You just need to get out there and do something, sometimes.

I sure hope she's getting some financial return for this, and not that "label" she's done the video through. Money for a great college education or something.

They had an interview with her on Good Morning America, and she asked Justin Bieber if he would do a duet with her. For 13, she did really well in the interview and I had to admire her composure in the face of this sudden "fame".

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
The song was funny/dumb until I realised she's 13 years old (she looks around 16 or 17). And then it all made sense!

She's 13 years old and is singing about hanging out with and going to parties with 16+ year-old's? Is she going to do a cover for 'I want candy' next?

Her parents suck.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh:
After watching that Leno clip, she's really together for her age, as well as being adorable in mannerisms and looks.

PeaceBaby said:
I listened to it last Friday, and my thoughts were - you don't have to get out there and do something GREAT, you just have to get out there and do SOMETHING, with your heart in it.

For all I'm teasing her over her song, and despite how bad it is, I think it's remarkable to see someone at that age go through the trouble of promoting themselves to such a degree as to get that amount of exposure + to handle herself decently in the public eye, as well as take a LOT of criticism. Many adults can't even deal with that.

I actually think that sort of thing is more indicative of potential success than actually having all the kinks worked out; there's a lot of talented people who never get anywhere due to a lack of vision and ability to self-promote. My life might have been very different now if I had had that degree of moxie at that age.

So... you go, girl!
(And I'll just stop listening to the radio, in the meanwhile.)

Her parents suck.
On the contrary: They might have enabled her to pay off her college education before she is even in high school.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not a bad effort by someone so young, but I can't help but to think that a 45 year old man probably wrote that song.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
We shouldn't teach our children that songs like this are good. When this generation comes into adulthood, we're gonna have songs with lyrics like:

I got my bread, a slice without a hole,
Put it in the toaster, 'cause toastin' is my goal,
It was really hot, when I took it out,
Burnt my fingers, man what's that about?
Put some butter on, but not too much,
You know I gotta watch, my trans-fats and such,
I thought I'd have some juice, just to mix it up,
But it was sour, not fit for my cup.

Breakfast!
You know I'm havin'
Breakfast!
Most important meal is
Breakfast!
You can try but you can't stop the
BREAKFAST!!

Do y'all really want that to be our future? DO YOU?

G

garbage

the worst thing to come out of this is the endless stream of Facebook posts reading "It's Friday, Friday lol, get it, like in that song" that occurs every single friday

I wonder how many fridays that will last

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
We shouldn't teach our children that songs like this are good. When this generation comes into adulthood, we're gonna have songs with lyrics like:

I got my bread, a slice without a hole,
Put it in the toaster, 'cause toastin' is my goal,
It was really hot, when I took it out,
Burnt my fingers, man what's that about?
Put some butter on, but not too much,
You know I gotta watch, my trans-fats and such,
I thought I'd have some juice, just to mix it up,
But it was sour, not fit for my cup.

Breakfast!
You know I'm havin'
Breakfast!
Most important meal is
Breakfast!
You can try but you can't stop the
BREAKFAST!!

Every generation produces more music than the generation before it. The complexity of the music produced also increases by each successive generation. Your claim is silly, but there might be some truth to it. For just as complexity entails the profound, so to does it include the mediocre. Luckily, we all have our musical tastes, so we never have to settle for mediocrity. Would you presume that we would, in the future, fill our playlists with something we abhor? Of course we wouldn't.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I dunno, Weird Al has made a decent living off writing things like that... n' I :heart:WUBBIE:heart: MY GOOFY CRAZY FUZZY AL!!!

While at the same time having her tell my niece she should be going to parties with 16 year-olds. Assholes.

Let me get this straight: You're extrapolating her parents' entire moral fiber from a mindless low-quality bubble-gum song and then personalizing it enough to get pissy about it on the Internetz to people you don't even know?

(Just askin'... cuz it looks like that is what you're doing.)

I'd be more worried about all the PG-13 movies kids go to, featuring implied sex and hot steamy make-out sessions.

Every generation produces more music than the generation before it. The complexity of the music produced also increases by each successive generation. Your claim is silly, but there might be some truth to it. For just as complexity entails the profound, so to does it include the mediocre. Luckily, we all have our musical tastes, so we never have to settle for mediocrity. Would you presume that we would, in the future, fill our playlists with something we abhor? Of course we wouldn't.

@Gloriana: You should listen to popular music from the 60's and early 70's, and then see if lyrical content has actually become more mediocre. (Don't MAKE me start researching and posting it in here.)

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
While at the same time having her tell my niece she should be going to parties with 16 year-olds. Assholes.

When does she tell your niece that she should go to parties with 16 year-olds? I think you are interpreting the lyrics very liberally, perhaps missing the message within the words.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Technology changes, people bitch. This has been and probably will always be true.

Guess this kinda makes you a e-dildo then.

Seriously technology can make the world better or worse. Change is inevitable. Unfortunately substantial positive change typically doesn’t happen without some underlying scrutiny.

rav3n

For all I'm teasing her over her song, and despite how bad it is, I think it's remarkable to see someone at that age go through the trouble of promoting themselves to such a degree as to get that amount of exposure + to handle herself decently in the public eye, as well as take a LOT of criticism. Many adults can't even deal with that.

I actually think that sort of thing is more indicative of potential success than actually having all the kinks worked out; there's a lot of talented people who never get anywhere due to a lack of vision and ability to self-promote. My life might have been very different now if I had had that degree of moxie at that age.

So... you go, girl!
(And I'll just stop listening to the radio, in the meanwhile.)
Exactly! Look at how poised she is with Leno, knowing literal millions are watching nvm the hundreds or thousands in the studio audience. Impressive!

That song's perfect as the theme song for Twitter! And yes, I avoid Twitter like the plague. :laugh:

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Let me get this straight: You're extrapolating her parents' entire moral fiber from a mindless low-quality bubble-gum song and then personalizing it enough to get pissy about it on the Internetz to people you don't even know?

(Just askin'... cuz it looks like that is what you're doing.)

I'm not nearly as upset as I probably sound, just expressing mild annoyance.