• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My New Filing Technique is UN-STOPPABLE!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
You know, this probably belongs in Arts & Entertainmet, but if Mycroft can put up his Garfield thread here, I can put up my Get Your War On and
my new filing technique is unstoppable --> XXX Warning: You will see LOTS of profanity if you click on the link.

:harumph: [eyes Ivy suspiciously...and Edahn...one eye on each]

Anywhoo, this thread is HILARIOUS. Or at least it was when I was temping. OMG, I could so relate to the frustration and circular pointlessness of office droning life. But you know, in a hip 'outsider art' kinda way, not in a square Dilbert kinda way. :cool:

I remember I used to surf that site during breaks at one long term temp position and laughinig out loud and almost spitting my drink out. I know, I was drinking in front of the computer. It was not a high tech office.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Sorry, I can't find your money. Looks like you'll have to write it off as a filing-related disaster!
Oh well, what the fuck right?

Oh shit, that reminds me.. I forgot to update the database!

hahahahahaa

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
BTW yeah I think I am going to move these to A&E. (From Bonfire, for posterity's sake.)

S

sammy

Funny thread haha, I feel bad for the guy and can relate after interning at a judge's chambers for a summer :mellow: The size of those case files... oh man. Some of the cases took up an entire side of a room with their folders in boxes... sorting through that stuff gave me the most painful papercuts I've ever received! There was no logic to where those files went in the first place lol

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Czecze said:
You know, this probably belongs in Arts & Entertainment...

:harumph: [eyes Ivy suspiciously...and Edahn...one eye on each]

BTW yeah I think I am going to move these to A&E. (From Bonfire, for posterity's sake.)

I knew it!

Ivy -- whhhyyyy? :cry: What did this thread ever do to you??? :boohoo:

Can we keep the threads separate in the move? If you merge them, can I at least be on top! :yes: (Sorry Mycroft, nothin' personal)

Alrighty -- Interesting comics discussion: carry on.

:popc1:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Funny thread haha, I feel bad for the guy and can relate after interning at a judge's chambers for a summer :mellow: The size of those case files... oh man. Some of the cases took up an entire side of a room with their folders in boxes... sorting through that stuff gave me the most painful papercuts I've ever received! There was no logic to where those files went in the first place lol

I temped at government contractor and all I did was administration/clerical work on thousands of files. By the month I left, everyone else had quit, gone back to school, or gotten promoted. I was In Charge of Files and up to my elbows everyday in stacks and stacks and I literally did file them in filing cabinets!

We had so many old files, I also transferred a few years worth of archives. And then the super shredders came and destroyed a few hundred pounds of paper.

So yeah, man that comic cracked me up

Edit: I also uploaded files into our database. And had other office drone jobs.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I knew it!

Ivy -- whhhyyyy? :cry: What did this thread ever do to you??? :boohoo:

Can we keep the threads separate in the move? If you merge them, can I at least be on top! :yes: (Sorry Mycroft, nothin' personal)

Alrighty -- Interesting comics discussion: carry on.

:popc1:

Jeezy Pete why does everybody think thread moves and merges are personal? :steam:

Srsly tho it's just... more topical than Bonfire warrants, IMO. I wasn't planning on merging the threads.

S

sammy

I temped at government contractor and all I did was administration/clerical work on thousands of files. By the month I left, everyone else had quit, gone back to school, or gotten promoted. I was In Charge of Files and up to my elbows everyday in stacks and stacks and I literally did file them in filing cabinets!

We had so many old files, I also transferred a few years worth of archives. And then the super shredders came and destroyed a few hundred pounds of paper.

So yeah, man that comic cracked me up
haha, the shredders! Oh MAN, shredding shit was so therapeutic after having to file so much stuff! :D It's like saying to the paper "YOU MUST DIE! Muahaha"

I had to work with new files and archives as well... the worst was when you have to open the files and remove from each of them their staples or paperclips so that they could be recycled. It was easier filing things than throwing them out!