• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Waiting For "Superman"

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What can I say? It is depressing at almost every level. The teachers union, the teachers, the federal government, the state government. From the low pay of teachers, to the low pay of good teachers. To the extremely bad teachers that stay under tenure to do nothing. To the long process that one needs to go through to actually fire a bad teacher. To the unions disagreement with high pay over tenure. And to end it all, all the kids who could of actually gotten a good education, nonetheless, are getting into schools that are not in par with what the student should be learning in their respective grades. For the ones that do get better quality, it all comes down to lottery.

I've actually been lucky that I have gotten "good enough" teachers from K-12 grade. Most of them were doing good and did what they could to teach. Some of them did whatever they can to teach. Some of them actually changed a classroom of students from misbehavior to full cooperation, and some of them were the teachers who would get me by in tough times.

The Machine Stops

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
T9W1
I found it rather uplifting. Yes, it showed many problems, but none of them unsolvable, and some if not all of them already being worked on. Recognizing that there is a problem and what the root of that problem is, that is a good start.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What? You want Superman as your teacher?