• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is anime so terrible?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i wonder how many people have these:
MangaBoxers.jpg

:rofl1:

How the heck do you people find these images.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
whereever! you can poke in to the boxers,
or out of the boxers too. intelligent design!

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop - they don't suck. And once upon a time I was into Naruto (before it hit the mainland) and traded Pokémon cards in elementary school. Then, I stop using my asian friends for homework and moved on with my life.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i just associate anime with the anime club from my high school. it was a big school and i don't feel like there was the 'popular group' that everyone knew and feared like in teen movies, but the anime club was definitely the lowest of the low and the people who got picked on the most. and normally i'd feel bad, but they were the weirdest motherfuckers on the planet. their leader was this girl nicknamed llama girl (because she lived next door to a llama farm, clever right?) and she'd wear cat ears and had all these pins that said stuff like "i'm a kitty cat i like to be scratched behind my ears!' and 'i bite and scratch ;)'. and her boyfriend was this dude who had dyed black hair but was a ginger and had a bright red beard (we called him redbeard, even more creative). and there were rumors that they were all closet freaks and had anime club orgies.

anyway, i unfairly generalize all anime fans to be like this.

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
i just associate anime with the anime club from my high school. it was a big school and i don't feel like there was the 'popular group' that everyone knew and feared like in teen movies, but the anime club was definitely the lowest of the low and the people who got picked on the most. and normally i'd feel bad, but they were the weirdest motherfuckers on the planet. their leader was this girl nicknamed llama girl (because she lived next door to a llama farm, clever right?) and she'd wear cat ears and had all these pins that said stuff like "i'm a kitty cat i like to be scratched behind my ears!' and 'i bite and scratch ;)'. and her boyfriend was this dude who had dyed black hair but was a ginger and had a bright red beard (we called him redbeard, even more creative). and there were rumors that they were all closet freaks and had anime club orgies.

anyway, i unfairly generalize all anime fans to be like this.

LMAO!!! :rofl1:

That just made my day!! Actually, that's how my school was as well. We weren't divided into the "popular" people and the "geeks", but people picked on the anime kids a lot. In my first 2 quarters of 9th grade, I used to sit with them at lunchtime, but after seeing how the "skater dudes" picked on them, I cut off all ties to them and started spending my lunchtime in the school's library.

As someone who has brothers that enjoy anime, though, I definitely say not all anime is the steaming POS they show on TV. What irritates me the most about anime, however, are their ridiculous and overexaggerated mannerisms. My god, I despise them! :BangHead: If any anime has them, I immediately stop watching it. For example, my brother told me that the anime Air had one of the saddest stories ever, so I attempted watching it. Halfway through, I just gave up and read the article about it on the wiki. I couldn't stand the mannerisms or the dreadful artstyle.

That said, even though I haven't really watched a lot of anime, I absolutely adored the Metropolis movie and Miyazaki movies (though their plots can be somewhat predictable). I also loved Red Garden because even though the main plot went downhill about halfway through the movie, the character development was astounding for the main leads and they were very easy to relate to. Other than these, I have little love for anime.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also noticed that some people who hate anime only ever saw English dubbed anime. English dubs are a disgrace.

Just putting that out there.

Himeko009

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depends what anime. Most current animes are idiots for the same reason the current comics: Capitalism. They just want to sell a lot of products to children and adolescents. :dry: