• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which summer blockbuster are you most looking forward to?

Which summer blockbuster are you most looking forward to?

• Speed Racer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Mess With the Zohan

• Kung Fu Panda

• The Happening

• The Incredible Hulk

• Wanted

• Hancock

• Hellboy II: The Golden Army

• The X-Files 2

• The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

• Total voters

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I guess I should start another movie poll to find out other people's taste in movies.

This one, of course, involves the summer blockbuster that you're most looking forward to. And in the movie world, the summer season is considered to start in May.

The list is based on each film's release date in the United States.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince doesn't come out until November. I'll include that in my fall movie poll. (Still too early for that, though, I hope you understand! :))

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
CAN'T WAIT for Get Smart! :happy2:

We're not movie-goers anymore because they're too expensive, but I informed my husband 2 months ago that he's definitely taking me to see this!

It was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid, and from what I could tell of the previews, Carrell has done a great job in Don Adams' place.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On the reason for my vote:

I was thinking of voting for Iron Man, Speed Racer, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, or Hellboy II: The Golden Army.

I would have voted for Iron Man because it looks to be the technological breakthrough for this year's summer, although I'm not all that familiar with the Iron Man comics.

I would have voted for Speed Racer because the artistic style of the film looks to be lavish.

I would have voted for Narnia because I enjoyed the first one and the sequel looks to have some pretty amazing effects sequences.

I would have voted for Hellboy II because I simply adored the first film for its creativity and pulpy sense of humor, and because it's one of the rare sequels where most of the original cast ensemble is returning.

I ultimately ended up voting for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull because, well, it's something I've been anticipating for a long time and I was close to the only person who believed it could still be made despite Harrison Ford's age. And while I felt Harrison Ford could pull it off courtesy of Hollywood special effects magic, I was more worried that Harrison would have passed away before the movie could be made.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I voted for Indiana Jones, because well, it's INDIANA JONES! Raiders is my favorite movie of all time.

But I definitely have a soft spot for Speed Racer. It was my favorite show as a kid. Hearing the theme song still gives me the warm fuzzies. I reeeeallllly hope it doesn't suck.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Why do we only get one choice?

And holy freakin' god! There's another "X Files" movie?

You just made my day.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am the most excited about Indiana Jones. =)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do we only get one choice?

Because the thread title is "Which summer blockbuster are you most looking forward to?" NOT "Which summer blockbusters are you most looking forward to.

And holy freakin' god! There's another "X Files" movie?

Yep, apparently, it's coming out in July.

And yes, they're making another Mummy movie as well, but no Imhotep this time (and no Rachel Weisz)...and Rob Cohen is directing it, so it will probably be way too serious like The Fast and the Furious, XXX, and Stealth, complete with heavy metal montage sequences.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I voted for Indiana Jones, because well, it's INDIANA JONES! Raiders is my favorite movie of all time.

But I definitely have a soft spot for Speed Racer. It was my favorite show as a kid. Hearing the theme song still gives me the warm fuzzies. I reeeeallllly hope it doesn't suck.

Same here on both counts, PLUS I'm really looking forward to Sex and the City. I know that's so totally dorky but I can't help myself. :D

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Same here on both counts, PLUS I'm really looking forward to Sex and the City. I know that's so totally dorky but I can't help myself. :D

I wonder if any guys will vote for Sex and the City?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Well, to be clear, I didn't actually VOTE for it- I voted for Indy. But I AM excited about it. I'm kind of interested in Iron Man, mostly to see how RDJr. does after his many ups and downs with addiction. I'm glad to see him on screen again. But for the most part, it's all about Indy, Speed Racer, and the lovely ladies of SATC for me (I'm a Miranda btw).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, to be clear, I didn't actually VOTE for it- I voted for Indy. But I AM excited about it. I'm kind of interested in Iron Man, mostly to see how RDJr. does after his many ups and downs with addiction. I'm glad to see him on screen again. But for the most part, it's all about Indy, Speed Racer, and the lovely ladies of SATC for me (I'm a Miranda btw).

Oh yes, I know, but I was still wondering if any guys will vote for it...

I'm more interested in Iron Man because it looks to be this year's biggest special effects extravaganza.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh yes, I know, but I was still wondering if any guys will vote for it...

I'm more interested in Iron Man because it looks to be this year's biggest special effects extravaganza.

I dunno.. the special effects to make Sarah Jessica Parker not look 80 will have to be pretty amazing.

Oh, did I say that out loud?

Meow!StickCatBluePillowCaseGlowintheDark.jpg

MBTI Type
INTJ

I'll admit that I enjoyed the show, in fact I even wrote a spec for it. It's a strange case, because while I thought the show was well-written and funny, I really disliked every character. I wouldn't have wanted to hang out with or date any of them. I should have posted that in the thread about whether you have to like a character to enjoy a show/movie.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
in fact I even wrote a spec for it.

What is a spec, out of curiosity?

I kind of agree with you on the characters, though outside dating and relationship stuff some of them would seem nice to know. (Which is kind of an irony about the show). A lot of the character issues seem to be ways to stick drama into the show, and it sometimes goes overboard.

As for which of the summer movies, I don't watch movies in in movie theaters nowadays, so aren't really looking forward to any of them.

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I haven't heard of any of these, so naturally I'm not looking forward to them. And frankly, I prefer to wait until stuff is on video anyway.

sassafrassquatch

I voted for The Dark Knight. I also want to see Iron Man, Indiana Jones 4, Hellboy 2 and The Hulk remake (the first one was an abomination). The X-Files ended for me at the end of season 5 when they killed the conspirators and burned Mulder's office. Season 6 was meh, 7 was silly and 8 & 9 do not exist in my reality. So I'm not sure what to think about the new movie.