• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NBA - Basketball

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
WoooW finally the Heat is coming back !

I hate Bosh, but he was amazing in this game !

It's good to see some competion back. :devil:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
There are basketball fans on this site. There were some good discussions last year during the playoffs and I suspect there will be again this year. Laker/Clipper fan here.

Bosh is just useless.

:huh: He's averaged roughly 23 points/game and 10 rebounds/game for the 5 years previous to this one. An all-star year in and year out. One of the top 25 or 30 players in the game. At what point did he become useless?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I know people love to hate Kobe Bryant (some even LIVE to hate Kobe Bryant), but this is a great article from start to finish regarding what took place last night in Miami. He might be a whiner when it comes to fouls, but you have to respect the guy's work ethic, dedication, tenacity, and his respect for other great players. He just keeps coming at you know matter what. He's like the spider that refuses to die, even after you thought you killed him with your shoe.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgKmn9J_Tgj8Nk121yTG8.K8vLYF?slug=aw-lakersheat031111

nstarz

I need Bosh to score 30 and get 20 reb a game. (Fantasy Basketball)

I think a Mr. T (a former NBA player) on the radio puts it best: James and Wade are 1a and 1b option. Bosh is Option 7, and the rest of the team is option 21+

I don't like Kobe as a person, but after their last championship win, he is a great basketball player. (Before that, he was just really good)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I need Bosh to score 30 and get 20 reb a game. (Fantasy Basketball)

Haha. Hahahahahahahahaaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAAA! Basically, you need him to be the best player that ever lived.

I think a Mr. T (a former NBA player) on the radio puts it best: James and Wade are 1a and 1b option. Bosh is Option 7, and the rest of the team is option 21+

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it. Although I see Bosh as like a legitimate 3rd option and he'd be AT LEAST the #2 option on most NBA teams - some teams even the #1 option (like he was in Toronto). The guy is a VERY GOOD basketball player. Well above average. Not sure why people fail to see that.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
:huh: He's averaged roughly 23 points/game and 10 rebounds/game for the 5 years previous to this one. An all-star year in and year out. One of the top 25 or 30 players in the game. At what point did he become useless?

Circumstance has been, by and large, Bosh's biggest setback. There's really not much separating his game from Duncan's.

Smart thinking by Kobe to assume the Miami Heat are dumb enough to allow his postgame shooting in their arena get to them, which is presumably his primary motive. It probably will.

Isn't it his tendency to take wild shots his biggest issue anyway?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Smart thinking by Kobe to assume the Miami Heat are dumb enough to allow his postgame shooting in their arena get to them, which is presumably his primary motive. It probably will.

I don't think for a second that he thought to himself, "Let me go out on their floor for 2 hours and work up a sweat after the game, when I could be showering, just so that I can get under their skin." As the article mentioned, it was an action that "showed respect to the Heat". It was him saying, "Oh crap, these guys (as a team) really are that good - they are a serious threat to my goal of winning a 6th championship." He went out there and worked out for 2 hours to sharpen his skills, get in a few hundred more shots - not to play mind games. The writer of the article kind of posed it that way - like when he said that this was Kobe's way of saying, "Enjoy your evening on the town Miami, while I sit here and shoot jumpers in your arena." I don't think that was Kobe's motivation. His motivation was internal. It was about the Lakers getting better, not about showing up the Heat.

Isn't it his tendency to take wild shots his biggest issue anyway?

Sure, I guess if one was pressed to find a weakness in the game of one of the best players in the world, that would probably be the weakness you would point out first.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't think for a second that he thought to himself, "Let me go out on their floor for 2 hours and work up a sweat after the game, when I could be showering, just so that I can get under their skin." As the article mentioned, it was an action that "showed respect to the Heat". It was him saying, "Oh crap, these guys (as a team) really are that good - they are a serious threat to my goal of winning a 6th championship." He went out there and worked out for 2 hours to sharpen his skills, get in a few hundred more shots - not to play mind games. The writer of the article kind of posed it that way - like when he said that this was Kobe's way of saying, "Enjoy your evening on the town Miami, while I sit here and shoot jumpers in your arena." I don't think that was Kobe's motivation. His motivation was internal. It was about the Lakers getting better, not about showing up the Heat.

Sure, I guess if one was pressed to find a weakness in the game of one of the best players in the world, that would probably be the weakness you would point out first.

Assuming most who watch the NBA (including its players, coaches, etc.) would tag poor shot selection as his greatest weakness, and he's remotely aware of that mass opinion, what does shooting open shots by himself affect, apart from the Heat's presumably weak psyche?

I think I know what you're going for. He's always been among the best at blocking distractions out, so maybe he's just trying to blur that line in his mind in preparation for a possible finals rematch in a foreign arena while he still has the opportunity. That would make sense, rather than simply working on his stroke itself.

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP

He's having hard time imposing his style/presence in the Heat, but I know he's good player.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Assuming most who watch the NBA (including its players, coaches, etc.) would tag poor shot selection as his greatest weakness, and he's remotely aware of that mass opinion, what does shooting open shots by himself affect, apart from the Heat's presumably weak psyche?

Like I said, I think the 2 hour workout was nothing more than "working on his shot for 2 hours" after a disheartening loss to a very good team. Shooting open shots for 2 hours affects...well, the accuracy of his own shot for the next upcoming game. Like how Reggie Miller used to shoot open shots for hours before a game. Larry Bird did a lot of it too, so does Ray Allen. So, that's what Kobe did. Worked on his shot for 2 hours - to stay sharp. I can't see him saying to himself, "Let me go out on the court for 2 hours just to mess with their heads, just to play a mental game with them."

I think I know what you're going for. He's always been among the best at blocking distractions out, so maybe he's just trying to blur that line in his mind in preparation for a possible finals rematch in a foreign arena while he still has the opportunity. That would make sense, rather than simply working on his stroke itself.

I think he was really pissed that they lost to the Heat. And the competitor in him said, "They are flat out better than we are right now. We have to raise our game if we're going to win it all this year. Dang, this is so frustrating. Just when we thought we were back in our groove, these guys outplayed us. I can't let this happen. I'm going to have to work harder. Yeah, like right now. I'm going out on the court right now to try to work out some of the kinks in my shot. I'm going to work through this and make sure I'm at the top of my game from here on out."

I'm just taking his 2 hour shootaround at "face value". He was just working on his shot rather than some underhanded ploy or some MBTI psychological warfare thingy.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
For quite some time, Bosh was the best player in the country of Canada.

Now it's, well, I dunno.......some other guy.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
For quite some time, Bosh was the best player in the country of Canada.
Now it's, well, I dunno.......some other guy.

LOL that's a feat!

BTW, Kobe's shot taking was on purpose- to show up the guys who showed them up. LBJ's announcement put South Beach back on the MAP!

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
LOL that's a feat!

BTW, Kobe's shot taking was on purpose- to show up the guys who showed them up. LBJ's announcement put South Beach back on the MAP!

What was his announcement? Are you talking about something this week or are you talking about his decision to play in Miami?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
What was his announcement? Are you talking about something this week or are you talking about his decision to play in Miami?

The latter. LA won the chip last year, but all eyes have been on Miami since.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't even think Miami is the best team in the East. Are they to be taken seriously? DEFINITELY! Best team in the East? I'm not so sure.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't even think Miami is the best team in the East. Are they to be taken seriously? DEFINITELY! Best team in the East? I'm not so sure.

Totally agree. The question is 'if' they get it in synch. The problem is that Wade and LeBron fulfill the same role. Where Kobe's THAT guy in the tightest situations, who's really that go-to guy? Both of them? Maybe, but that has to be better defined in the play. I think the East is open- Boston, Chicago, Orlando can take Miami in a series.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Totally agree. The question is 'if' they get it in synch. The problem is that Wade and LeBron fulfill the same role. Where Kobe's THAT guy in the tightest situations, who's really that go-to guy? Both of them? Maybe, but that has to be better defined in the play. I think the East is open- Boston, Chicago, Orlando can take Miami in a series.

As a Laker fan, I'm actually more worried about Boston/Chicago/Miami (in the Finals) than I am about Dallas and San Antonio. Dallas and SA are both good enough to beat the Lakers in a 7 game series if the Lakers don't bring their A+ game. I even think Oklahoma City could give the Lakers problems (just like they did last year). But, this is just my gut telling me this, I think the Lakers will beat everyone in the West. When I watch Dallas and SA, I honestly think the Lakers are better. I think the Lakers are the best team in the West. They just haven't been super consistent throughout the year and that's why they have more losses. But, those 3 teams in the East are beasts. That's what worries me most.

nstarz

Chamberlain went on to average an NBA-record 50.4 ppg in the 1961-62 season and became the only player to surpass 4,000 points in one season with 4,029. He also led the league in rebounding with 25.7 rpg and was second in field goal percentage at .506.

Chamberlain stat's would be great :D

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Micheal Jordan sucks. It's all about Kobe Bryant!

400243.jpg