• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NBA - Basketball

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP

michael20jordan20wallpa.jpg

Am i the only one that love Bball here ?
I don't think there's a lot of Bball fans on this forum, but I'm still trying.
I'm a NBA addict since I'm a kid.
Peace !

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Haha I'm the only one into Bball on the forum, doesnt matter, youre the ones missing great games and a great sport ! :harhar:

nstarz

Wow, a week and not a single reply. What's funny was that yesterday I was watching youtube video of MJ (just highlights and dunk contest) and Hakeem Olajuwon.

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Today great matchups

Chicago @ Miami (1pm EST)
Lakers @ San Antonio (3:30pm EST)

on ABC

And Happy Birthday to my great Shaquille O' Neal

[YOUTUBE="nS8Ea9m27lw"]Shaq Day[/YOUTUBE]​

KDude

Thanks for the share KDude even though you deleted your post.

Hah.. I didn't think it was worth reading. I compulsively post sometimes. I think there are a few people who would talk about this, but it's probably not a big interest here, I agree.

xisnotx

Permabanned
I watched my first basketball game since the last playoffs. Spurs vs Lakers.

I like the spurs. More specifically I like the spurs "aura". Everyone thinks that they are boring, old, slow etc. But what I see is a team that still wins despite being old and slow. They don't rely on a strength and physicality (to an extent, obviously). They rely on a system that they think will work. It has worked in the past..but it is far from a perfect system. Yet the spurs choose to stick to that system. Instead of tinkering with the system in a quest to look for the "perfect" one...they admit that there is no perfect system. There are just systems...each with advantages and disadvantages. They choose what they think is the best system for a certain situation and they stick to it. If it fails..they learn from it..and they move on.

Other teams in the NBA (the Heat and the Celtics for example) look for a "perfect" system. When this system fails to get them the results that they want (which is inevitable because there is no such thing as a perfect system) they start blaming each other. Coaches blame the players. Players blame other players. Then the whole thing blows up because the people in charge don't think they have the "right" people for the job.

But I think the spurs do it backwards. There are no "right" people (again to an extent), there are no "right" systems. All there are are ultimately flawed systems..ultimately flawed people..and it's their job to just play basketball deciding what they think is the "best" based on context and living with the consequences, and learning from their mistakes. I find that very admirable. I like seeing such a mindset win. It's like a puzzle that they want to solve..but the pieces are constantly changing shape. Other teams look for the perfect way to solve this puzzle..but the spurs admit that there is no perfect way..and all they can do is try. Failing doesn't mean you're a failure..it just gives you more insight into the various possible situations...and it's their job to continue trying.

I also enjoy watching the supposed "perfect" not achieve "perfection".

xisnotx

Permabanned
^
Which is why I think the Heat, the Celtics, the Lakers etc are ultimately going to blow up..unless they can adopt such a mindset. Lebron saying things like "I let my team down." or "My team let me down." is like "duh". You are human. Your teammates are human. All you can do is try. All they can do is try. When you fail..you learn from it..and you move on.

Sports can give you a lot of insight if you know what you're looking for ime.

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I watched my first basketball game since the last playoffs. Spurs vs Lakers.

Wow bad luck Spurs played horribly that day.

You should've watch the last Spurs vs Celtics game (01/05/11), I still have it on my computer because it was a great game.

I like the spurs. More specifically I like the spurs "aura". Everyone thinks that they are boring, old, slow etc. But what I see is a team that still wins despite being old and slow. They don't rely on a strength and physicality (to an extent, obviously). They rely on a system that they think will work. It has worked in the past..but it is far from a perfect system. Yet the spurs choose to stick to that system. Instead of tinkering with the system in a quest to look for the "perfect" one...they admit that there is no perfect system. There are just systems...each with advantages and disadvantages. They choose what they think is the best system for a certain situation and they stick to it. If it fails..they learn from it..and they move on.

Other teams in the NBA (the Heat and the Celtics for example) look for a "perfect" system. When this system fails to get them the results that they want (which is inevitable because there is no such thing as a perfect system) they start blaming each other. Coaches blame the players. Players blame other players. Then the whole thing blows up because the people in charge don't think they have the "right" people for the job.

But I think the spurs do it backwards. There are no "right" people (again to an extent), there are no "right" systems. All there are are ultimately flawed systems..ultimately flawed people..and it's their job to just play basketball deciding what they think is the "best" based on context and living with the consequences, and learning from their mistakes. I find that very admirable. I like seeing such a mindset win. It's like a puzzle that they want to solve..but the pieces are constantly changing shape. Other teams look for the perfect way to solve this puzzle..but the spurs admit that there is no perfect way..and all they can do is try. Failing doesn't mean you're a failure..it just gives you more insight into the various possible situations...and it's their job to continue trying.

I also enjoy watching the supposed "perfect" not achieve "perfection".

I'm not "fan" of the spurs, but I like their professionalism and their experience. Very enjoyable to see.

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
^
Which is why I think the Heat, the Celtics, the Lakers etc are ultimately going to blow up..unless they can adopt such a mindset. Lebron saying things like "I let my team down." or "My team let me down." is like "duh". You are human. Your teammates are human. All you can do is try. All they can do is try. When you fail..you learn from it..and you move on.

Sports can give you a lot of insight if you know what you're looking for ime.

The problem is that you don't need spurs mindset to win. You need a good strategy. Boston and Lakers ones kinda work great.

Miami Heat though, after their 4 straight losses against all "big teams" : Knicks, spurs, orlando and bulls, I'm more worried for them. They need a leader, D-Wade and James was used to be the "guy of the team" when Lebron was in Cleaveland, but now who can be the leader ? They have too much ego to be the 2nd guy of someone else.

Bosh is just useless.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I love bball, and until recently the competition have been sub-par. One one hand it sucks that there are a few super squads like Lakers, Knicks and Heat who get all the attention, but it's fun to see the teams go hard to try to beat them.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Heat flounder right now.

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I love bball, and until recently the competition have been sub-par.

It depends on the games, there's still some good matchups during the regular season.

One one hand it sucks that there are a few super squads like Lakers, Knicks and Heat who get all the attention, but it's fun to see the teams go hard to try to beat them.

Yeah me too, but there's some teams that are kinda useless like Warriors, Thimberwolves, Wizards, Raptors.

They should diminish the number of teams to like... 20, to make teams with better players, and maybe more competition.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Heat flounder right now.
I dont like the Heat, but i like Lebron James, I think he's one of the best player on the league right now. But the heat is too much about the "big three", and there's no leader to give a good direction to the team in important moments.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
It depends on the games, there's still some good matchups during the regular season.

Yeah me too, but there's some teams that are kinda useless like Warriors, Thimberwolves, Wizards, Raptors.

They should diminish the number of teams to like... 20, to make teams with better players, and maybe more competition.

I dont like the Heat, but i like Lebron James, I think he's one of the best player on the league right now. But the heat is too much about the "big three", and there's no leader to give a good direction to the team in important moments.

The NBA could definitely trim some of the fat. I think some of the small market teams need to be dissolved, or move. But remember they were all dominiating teams over the last decade. So it comes and goes you just gotta ride with your team.

I like Lebron, but I'm a bigger Kobe fan. His attitude sucks but he is the best player in the league hands down. I can't believe he's only 32- this will be his 15th year in the league. CRAZY. Lebron is power where Kobe is finesse. I used to hate on him b/c I didn't want him to get mre rings than Jordan but now I don't care. He is a force.

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
The NBA could definitely trim some of the fat. I think some of the small market teams need to be dissolved, or move. But remember they were all dominiating teams over the last decade. So it comes and goes you just gotta ride with your team.

That's what I like about Bball I have to admit. A team that was completely in the shadow during decades can suddenly become a great "Big" team, capable of winning the Finals, just with the some good trades at the right time.

I like Lebron, but I'm a bigger Kobe fan. His attitude sucks but he is the best player in the league hands down. I can't believe he's only 32- this will be his 15th year in the league. CRAZY. Lebron is power where Kobe is finesse. I used to hate on him b/c I didn't want him to get mre rings than Jordan but now I don't care. He is a force.
Lol unlike some people I'm fine with the arrogant attitude of Kobe, but I tend to prefer more modest or "classy" players like Lebron, Allen, Rose etc...

I'm very admirative of Kobe's talent, sometimes I'm amazed like -wow-, how he does that ?
When he's gonna retire, the NBA won't look the same.

nstarz

Ya. One reply to bring this thread back from the dead and we got two pages of reply now.

@ Mkenya, I agree. Spurs are who I'm rooting for this season.

Heat lost 5 in a row. Chalk up #6 against the Lakers?

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Ya. One reply to bring this thread back from the dead and we got two pages of reply now.
Yup, It's hard to make the bball fans coming apparently.

@ Mkenya, I agree. Spurs are who I'm rooting for this season.
I'm rooting for Celtics and Bulls :cheese:

Heat lost 5 in a row. Chalk up #6 against the Lakers?

Lol maybe.

It's an insteresting matchup tomorrow, Miami kicked Lakers ass last Christmas, but Miami is so lame right now (even lamer with their crygate) that we don'T really know how it's gonna be, but I'm pretty sure LA is gonna kick Miami ass this time.

Phil Jackson on Miami crygate : "This is the NBA: No Boys Allowed. Big boys don’t cry" :rofl1: I love Phil's INTx attitude.