• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Lost character...?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which Lost character do you most identify with, and why?

(If you feel like typing some of them, go for it. But not necessary.)

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Wow - I'm surprised and disappointed no one ever replied to this thread... I guess I'll give it a go.

Did you ask who do I identify with or lust after?

Hmmmm.... that would have to be Sayid.

I probably identified most with Eko - a deep soul with a dark past, seeking redemption.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
When Jennifer originally posted this thread, I had never watched Lost.

Now I'm about halfway through Season 3.

Claire, probably-- but I'm going to have to think about it some more.

Edit: as for lust, it's all about the Sayid. Although Sawyer grows on me.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I am also surprised that not many have responded to this post. :huh:

Claire. She's had unfortunate events occur in her life, she is a survivor and is working on improving the quality of her life.

For hotness it's Jack. I like a man with the ability to take charge when needed, successfully lead a group and he's not too bad on the eyes ;)

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
Locke. I can't tell you way, except that he's the person that makes me feel most safe.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had forgotten I had even posted this. (When does the new season start?)

As people who I would want to spent time with, I think I identify with and like Locke and Sun the most... but I think many of the characters are very "real" and there are very few I don't "like." Even the ones who are *not* much like me, I do care about anyway.

(You know, I had to laugh at that episode with Niki and her paramour last season. I don't want to spoil Ivy's Season #3 blitz by talking about the details... but that was the funniest / deliciously evil thing I think I've seen on TV in a long time.)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
If I were a lesbian, I would totally want to get it on with Kate. :banana:

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Kate. A bit of an enigma isn't she? That makes her very interesting to me. Very complex lady, always hiding, but I think she's a good person underneath it all, just very conflicted. Life hasn't been very kind to our Kate and she has some major trust issues. She wants so badly to be loved and taken care of but her past keeps getting in her way. I think she's terrified of losing herself. A very independent, gutsy lady.

She reminds me a little of me sans criminal past and the gutsy part. lol

Edit: My favorite character and the one I identify with most is Sayid, however. A lot like Kate in a lot of ways, but much more the intuitive I think. Kate is the one that is the more enigmatic to me, so the more interesting.

Last edited:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I fear that I do not watch Lost, ladies...

Although sometimes I'm lost, myself.

The only person I recognize is Jorge Garcia, and that's because he was in the final season of Becker.

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but I think many of the characters are very "real" and there are very few I don't "like." Even the ones who are *not* much like me, I do care about anyway.

I completely agree & I think it's partly because of the writers/producers' idea to include many of the characters' backstories, it helps make each character multi-dimensional, & it helps the viewer understand the character--their motives, their weaknesses, their psychological baggage. I think that backstory concept was brilliant. Even characters like Shannon that one could write off as a privileged, spoiled, materialistic, shallow character becomes more relatable & a richer character because of her backstory.

(You know, I had to laugh at that episode with Niki and her paramour last season. I don't want to spoil Ivy's Season #3 blitz by talking about the details... but that was the funniest / deliciously evil thing I think I've seen on TV in a long time.)

Yes, I agree, it was bizarre...it felt like a different writer, & *spoiler alert* I kept half-waiting for them to escape dramatically soap-opera style in a subsequent episode!

Last edited:

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I totally identify with Jack. He's trying to do right thing, he's pushing people to achieve things, he's got integrity and he's principled. Jack's my favorite.

Jack is stereotypically ENTJ imo.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would probably say Jack too, with Sayid a close second. Jack's leadership is admirable but he's too much of a pussy.

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would probably say Jack too, with Sayid a close second. Jack's leadership is admirable but he's too much of a pussy.

What??! Did you see the actor during his "Party of Five" days? Now that was a wimpy, 90's man style character.......Jack is certainly a departure from that, a big improvement in my mind, a more masculine/strong male character.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
What??! Did you see the actor during his "Party of Five" days? Now that was a wimpy, 90's man style character.......Jack is certainly a departure from that, a big improvement in my mind, a more masculine/strong male character.

Definitely agree. I think he is a strong male character. He does have a sensitive side... but it makes him likeable and human... and ultimately makes him a more believable character

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definitely agree. I think he is a strong male character. He does have a sensitive side... but it makes him likeable and human... and ultimately makes him a more believable character

As someone I would have to spend time with, I would not like being with Jack (he's too driven and assertive and would drive me nuts)... but I think he is a GREAT character on the show. He's palpably real to me, and complex; and I love watching him deal with stress, how he becomes more aggressive when he does not know what to do and sometimes ends up doing the wrong things.

As a writer, I love it when other writers let the characters be true to themselves rather than forcing them to behave in more "proper/good" ways. Jack is very human and fallible... gloriously mortal. I love it.

(Overall, Matthew Fox and the rest of the cast -- for mostly being unknowns -- are very talented actors.)

....and yeah, he's real cute too. ;)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't completely identify with any of them, of course... but I'm thinking Sun for some reason. Does that make sense?

Did any one else notice that John Locke is also the name of an English Philosopher who wrote "Two Treatises on Government"? There's also a character named Rousseau, who happened to be a French philosophe. I think the creator of this show has a marked interest in the Enlightenment...

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't completely identify with any of them, of course... but I'm thinking Sun for some reason. Does that make sense?

Did any one else notice that John Locke is also the name of an English Philosopher who wrote "Two Treatises on Government"? There's also a character named Rousseau, who happened to be a French philosophe. I think the creator of this show has a marked interest in the Enlightenment...

I bet Tom Hobbes would have handled things a little differently. Haha :devil:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes, it's purposeful.

Rousseau's character is the "woman of the wild" -- the noble savage. Locke was picked for reasons defining his character. And there is Ben Linus (leader of the Others) -- Linus was a statesmen or philosopher, wasn't he?

(And with Locke, note the large battle between destiny and free will that occurred with him in the first two seasons. There are many philosophical concepts that are being allowed to play out in Lost.)

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Jack's leadership is admirable but he's too much of a pussy.

FWIW, Metamorphosis, I get you here. Jack seems to me like he's a slave to some unhealthy standards of behavior that run counter to his enlightened self-interest. It's been a while since I saw the show so I don't remember exactly why, but I do know I pegged him as over-assuming of responsibility and under-enjoying himself... Maybe because he didn't go for Kate? :thinking: