• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Lost character...?

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
It's been so long since last season's finale, I can't remember what happened. I hope it comes back to me in time for the season premiere tomorrow night.

Today, I relate to Charlie. He's taken some wrong turns, but he had a good heart and he came through in the end.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's been so long since last season's finale, I can't remember what happened. I hope it comes back to me in time for the season premiere tomorrow night.

Today, I relate to Charlie. He's taken some wrong turns, but he had a good heart and he came through in the end.

What I love about many of the characters is that the actors and writers are not afraid to portray them in a less-than-admirable light, even while trying to win the viewers' sympathies.

Charlie was probably the most pronounced of those... lots of rough spots and self-centeredness ground into him, but still with a good heart... and he pulled through when it mattered and proved what he was made of.

... pretty much everyone except Rose, really (is Rose her name? The Mrs. unwavering hope & faith? Bernard's wife). Rose is pretty boring.

Yes, Rose. Without doing an analysis, she seemed ENFJ to me at first glance (low-key E). I did not really identify with her or Bernard much... Bernard less, honestly.

The season has apparently been cut (at the moment) to 8 episodes from 16, due to the writer's strike. Sigh. I'd write for them!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

There's a recap episode before the new one.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Faraday is obviously an INTP! Maybe just because I think he's cute as a button.

I think Kate's an ISFP.

Eko- INFJ.

Miles- maybe ENTP?

Rousseau- INTJ

That's all I got. And it's all off the top of my head.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
  • identfiy MOST with jack (Matthew Fox) and john Locke (Terry O'Quinn)
  • identify BEST (most realistic) with faraday (Jeremy Davies) and hugo (Jorge Garcia)
  • Am in love with Claire (Emilie de Ravin), but probably she would hate me, seems to have quite the sensing hysteria
  • i feel ODD about sawyer (Josh Holloway). i used to do his type of fake grimming when i was younger, to put everyone off. but he seems to blieve it to the core. sucks. too tough for me. i wanted to get attention at the same time, from a "special imaginated person" who would understand why someone would look like that. sawyer doesnt seem to want that.
  • identify SECRETLY with Ben (Michael Emerson) (how about nuking your parent's community :D )
  • "think I should identify more" with danielle rousseau (Mira Furlan) but she rather scares me (enfj?)
  • dont understand how i relate to desmond (Henry Ian Cusick) and richard alpert (Nestor Carbonell), but i do.
  • DISPISE the most: Ethan (William Mapother) who actually resembles John Locke. and Eloise (Fionnula Flanagan)
  • FEAR the most: sayid (Naveen Andrews), and the ashole soldier (Kevin Durand), and Ana-Lucia Cortez, the police woman (Michelle Rodriguez).
  • wont admit that i have sexual desire for penny (dessmonds girlfriend, Sonya Walger)
  • alex (bens daughter, played by Tania Raymonde) is beautifull and strange.

Last edited:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I adore the show.

It's hard to pick characters, as I find all of them very interesting.

It might be more revealing to mention the ones that drive me crazy and that I relate very little to - Hugo, Michael, the dentist (older guy), hmm...that may be it as far as ones that I really did not like. Oh, I didn't particularly like the 2 siblings from the first season either. They were a bit too whiny and snotty and pampered. Oh, Charlie rather annoyed me too.

One I find myself relating to less as time goes on is Sun, but I don't dislike her. And I didn't dislike the policewoman (Anna Maria? What was her name?), but she's quite different from me so I can't relate much to her either.

John Locke is someone I have mixed feelings about. I enjoy his character, but he's quite mystical and a little flaky or something and I can't really relate to that aspect.

Ben is intriguing. Of course untrustworthy, but I still like him.

I like Sawyer, Kate, Jack, Sayid, Juliette, Desmond, Faraday, and Ben the most (and not in that order - those are just all of them that I particularly like). I suppose that means I relate to bits and pieces of all of them! And I feel like I 'understand' them. They make sense to me.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
yes, anna close enough to find her: its Ana-Lucia Cortez played by Michelle Rodriguez. corrected my post

nanook

a scream in a vortex
jack is an entj? isnt he more of an entp? i could almost see ben as entj, but only because the internet says that bill gates was an entj, and ben is the perfect bill. there is this picture (a user's avatar) where bill shoots the apple boy. should be ben in the picture, and jack as apple boy.

btw i am with socionics and i get NeTiSeFi from any entp. i get Fi from jack. lots of responsibility, but verry own sense of what that means. no pleasing of anyone, but striving to become a perfectionist ideal (influenced his father). the 7 to 1 struggle. Fi, at its best, is caring, like giving oneself up for something. but the self must be important in that. just like john locke (FiNe=infj or enfp). eveything means something to john and everything john does means something to the world. friggin Fi(+Ne). but Jack is extroverted so he gives himself up for (his self defined meaning for) people, and john (a 4) is rather introverted, so he does it for some"-thing" called "destiny" (Ne=objectified bundled sense of progress).
ben on the other hand is relative (Te/Fe group sense), he needs do change the world (to force it into an objective). its a big party and he throws it, because he understand the motto. he tries hard, not to have any properties himself. "go with the flow". only strategies. no individuality. even denies motives. (like an enneagram 2 enfj would do, just saying to show similarity of Te and Fe)
I'll admit that not everything fits together, the way i see it, right now. will work it out someday.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
jack is an entj? isnt he more of an entp? i could almost see ben as entj, but only because the internet says that bill gates is an entj, and ben is the perfect bill. there is this picture (a user's avatar) where bill shoots the apple boy. should be ben in the picture, and jack as apple boy. btw i am with socionics and i get NeTiSeFi from any entp.

I guess I never saw Jack as anything but a J. He's so driven and task-oriented. Very much a leader as well. I think he needs to be in a leadership role - he's drawn to that. ENTJ seems a good fit for him, although I know in another thread a while back someone mentioned he could be ESTJ too.
Yes, he's pretty adaptable and able to roll with the changes pretty well, but that doesn't mean he isn't ENTJ. Ability to be adaptable isn't exclusively in the 'P' domain. ;-)

Edit: and Nanook, I see you edited your post w/ more info. Since you're speaking in Socionics terms, and everyone else here is speaking in mbti terms, that's part of the disconnect. w/ mbti (as you probably know?), ENTJ is TeNiSeFi, and ENTP is NeTiFeSi (but I don't know enough to know whether the functions themselves are defined differently between the 2 systems)

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I guess I never saw Jack as anything but a J. He's so driven and task-oriented. Very much a leader as well. I think he needs to be in a leadership role - he's drawn to that. ENTJ seems a good fit for him, although I know in another thread a while back someone mentioned he could be ESTJ too.
Yes, he's pretty adaptable and able to roll with the changes pretty well, but that doesn't mean he isn't ENTJ. Ability to be adaptable isn't exclusively in the 'P' domain. ;-)

Edit: and Nanook, I see you edited your post w/ more info. Since you're speaking in Socionics terms, and everyone else here is speaking in mbti terms, that's part of the disconnect. w/ mbti (as you probably know?), ENTJ is TeNiSeFi, and ENTP is NeTiFeSi (but I don't know enough to know whether the functions themselves are defined differently between the 2 systems)

You’re right, Jack is most likely an ENTJ. He has trouble reconciling his Te and Ni functions—or maybe I’m just saying that to make it sound like I know what I’m talking about when I really don’t have a clue.

If anyone’s an ENTP, it’s Sawyer. Jack is pretty far from that type.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
so what about jacks father?

who has the mutant power to pwn an entj?

those three men of steel come to mind (lookalikes left to right):
  • richard burgi (just played a perfectionist in nip tuck)
  • RalphMoeller (known as 'german schwarzenegger', played in gladiator)
  • JohnTerry (jacks father, most demanding perfectionist)

should i have listed hulk hogan?

Von Mittendorf

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
Jack is an s type. Specifically, I'm pretty sure he's an ESFJ (maybe T?). He's good at dealing with the actual, physical, present problems. He makes sure everyone got food and water, everyone survived. Michael (ENFJ) was trying to get off the island. Locke (INTP) was learning how to be one with the island, Hurley (ENFP) wanted everyone on the island to get along. Ana Lucia (ESTJ) kept people alive and dealt with physical threats. See the difference there? People who, in a desert island situation, deal with the present necessities almost exclusively are S types, people who try to see how this situation will unfold and take necessary steps to make that situation work are N types.

whoo. I type characters on TV too much.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I would say Locke. I'm not sure what type he is, but he has that type 4 need to be special/individual that I can really identify with. He's not selfish about it either, he wants everyone to stay on the island and be special with him. :D

Also, I always entertain notions in my mind that I could be something more than what I am. Although all of the characters grew throughout the seasons, I feel none did so more than Locke. He changed physically, mentally, and spiritually. He even went through a total breakdown and crisis of faith and then emerged from that. (Lately, he emerged from a whole lot more!)

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
We figured he was a 7 ("Don't tell me what I can't do!") but he could be a 4 with a 3 wing! They sometimes come off as 7s.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
john locke

i'd say four going to one (the four's "direction of integration"), struggling to, beating himself up. but mostly achieving it in a healthy way.
raving Fi/Ne seeing personal meaning (Fi) in everything (Ne) ...

the actor of locke (Terry O'Quinn) would rather be 4w5. Fi/Ne are usually 4w5, or claim they are, test that way. live that way.

3 is about wanting to be loved (or envied). john doesn't give a fuck. he only needs to "match" his destiny. jack on the other hand wants his fathers approval. (but other than that i would not see anything 3wingish in jack. just came to mind in comparison )

maybe starbuck (enfp, apparently?) would make a good 4w3 (she sort of likes to be envied. to win in competition).
maybe real-live enfp's would more often want to be envied as authors than as soldiers.
i never knew an official example of 4w3 though

Von Mittendorf

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
One of my favorite characters, not really because I identify with him (but maybe just a little), is Ben Linus. We've figured he's probably a 3w4 INTJ, pretty far from my own INxP type 9 but a pretty terrifying combination in a villain. I think I like Ben because he's a worthy adversary, a respectable evil.

I think the character I identify most with would be Sayid. Not that I'm an Iraqi torturer or professional hitman, or even capable of taking apart a radio, but his combination of being an intense INTP and a product of a world that consistently fails to live up to any standard of decency (which tugs my INFP heartstrings) his tortured past, his good heart, it makes me like him.

Plus he has a beard, which will endear me to anybody.