• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You're on an island. With a television.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
They banned high SPF sunscreen in the US? How come it's still at my Wal Mart?

Edit: here ya go! The efficacy of high SPF is debateable, though.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Battlestar Galactica might make it on the list with another year or two. If only Arrested Development lasted longer...

1) Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
2) The X-Files.
3) Northern Exposure.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Crap! I forgot about News Radio. All time favorite TV show ever. Who to trade, who to trade?

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Funny, cute protagonist, human cat... what's not to love?

On so many levels the show is well.... it's bizarre. My husband can watch it for hours, along with Battlestar Galactica, Dr Who and cheesy B grade sci fi....

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
On so many levels the show is well.... it's bizarre. My husband can watch it for hours, along with Battlestar Galactica, Dr Who and cheesy B grade sci fi....

My freakishly large thumbs approve:

:nice:

I like your husband already.

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
I'd also like to trade my TV and three shows for the laptop and wireless connection. Should this alternative not be available I'll watch:

- Entourage
- Law and Order : Criminal Intent (but only episodes with Goran)
- The Office (British version)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Guys what's so great about LOST?

It's just so badly written or is that the point?

badly written? compared to what?

CSI: Miami
Jerry Springer
Family Guy

to make me feel better about being cut off from civilization, and to encourage me to get off my ass

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
why is it that I don't find it at all funny?

Red dwarf? I'm not sure. It's well written and clever. But, it has a lot of sci fi references, and uses sardonic British humour mixed with silliness. If those aren't your thing you won't like it. If they are, I recommend giving it another try!

What sort of comedy works for you?