• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You're on an island. With a television.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Wow. Jennifer linked to this thread in the anniversary thread, and I keep getting more irked reading it. I hate when people feel the need to distance themselves from the question to puff themselves up before begrudgingly giving an answer. Just answer or don't. We don't care if you're too cool for TV.
shock.gif

but..but...BUT how are we to watch tv, while on an island?!?!?!

I'll just assume we're on The Island.

For mine:

The entire Ray Mears Series. Will continue teaching me plenty of skillz
Friends- Cozy/nostalgic, which will probably eventually depress me, since I'm forever alone, or until I kill myself or get eaten/poisoned by something.
Arrested Development- Hilarious, and will always bring my mood up.

Ingrid in grids

1. Some sort of world news program. Possibly Al Jazeera English or SBS World News Australia.
2. Bear Grylls for tips and lols.
3. Letters and Numbers to keep my brain active.

Yeah, boring bunch... I know.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, i was wondering also how we would have the t.v (working)... some kind of freakish natural electrical current circling the island, just one long underwater wire connecting us to the rest of the world... or a huge underwater grid. Could be battery operated... how many hours of battery life would it have.... would it run out mid program..
Do we want to escape the island or are we happy there.
I'm not sure islands and t.v mix... water and electricity. Ugh too many thoughts.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1. Some sort of world news program. Possibly Al Jazeera English or SBS World News Australia.

This would probably only be worthwhile if the news were current and not just old episodes of whatever news program you choose. I doubt you wanna relive the awesome July 27th, 2004* episode of the PBS NewsHour.

(I picked this date at random, but upon looking it up, it was the day Obama made his keynote speech at the DNC, which was kind of his "premiere episode" in terms of national/international news)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
It would have to be a show with almost unlimited episodes.

1) The Simpsons
2) Kath & Kim (Australian version, but in a fantasy world where there were unlimited seasons)
3) Some kind of true crime series or documentary series

There are lots of shows I love, but couldn't watch over and over. I get bored, even with stuff I like.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. How To Get Off This Island
2. East Of Eden
3. How I Met Your Civilization

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett
-Friends
-BBC Pride and Prejudice

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ha ha... I think it's hilarious I inadvertently jump-started a five-year-old thread that wasn't even the greatest to begin with. :heart: But hey, that's cool. What else can I dredge up?

Wow. Jennifer linked to this thread in the anniversary thread, and I keep getting more irked reading it. I hate when people feel the need to distance themselves from the question to puff themselves up before begrudgingly giving an answer. Just answer or don't. We don't care if you're too cool for TV.

Which is kind of a shame to think nowadays, because I think TV has gotten much better in the last ten years or so. There was a long period where I didn't watch anything at all, but the production quality and acting ability seems to have gone up, and the writing's smarter. It's more a matter of nowadays of "What do I have time to watch?" vs "Man, is there anything at all to watch?"

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which is kind of a shame to think nowadays, because I think TV has gotten much better in the last ten years or so. There was a long period where I didn't watch anything at all, but the production quality and acting ability seems to have gone up, and the writing's smarter. It's more a matter of nowadays of "What do I have time to watch?" vs "Man, is there anything at all to watch?"

It's funny, because I kind of agree (although I've never watched a lot of TV) - but then I realised that I'd picked three shows which were all 80s/90s. :laugh: I'm so reactionary.

I am a huge Sherlock Holmes fan and I also love the new modern BBC series with Benedict Cumberbatch - but Jeremy Brett is still my favourite, and his show had a lot more episodes (so far anyway), and it's more classic.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-Spartacus (to keep my warrior spirit alive)
-Bear Gryllz (for some crazy ideas)
-I Shouldn't Be Alive (to motivate myself)

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Not a lot of practical choices here.

1. The Daily Show - To keep me both entertained and in the know.
2. Some nature shit on discovery channel or national geographic - You know, to keep me alive.
3. Project Runway - My pick for pure entertainment.

Fire

I'd go to an island to escape television. Being on an island and watching TV would be like going on honeymoon with your parents.

xisnotx

Permabanned
1. The colbert report
2. Just for laughs
3. A complete, definitive, and exhaustive history of man and his environment.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Arrested Development
IT Crowd

Having trouble with a third. Something kinda long with a different kind of feel to it. Maybe even a PBS type show.
SNL?
Mythbusters?
Agatha Christie's Poirot?