• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You're on an island. With a television.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
You mean that not one of you would want the series of some person explaining how to survive? Myopic or what! :tongue10:

Anyhew to fit in with the "in" crowd...
Buffy (that should fill up a year or so)
The X Files (it may even finally make sense)
Space: Above and Beyond (I think I missed some and it's been ages)

I would have put Due South but I think I've seen them all now.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The FDA doesn't allow them to market it.

What do you care for marketing, if you can get it on the shelves? My dermatologist told me anything over 30 was ineffective and a false sense of security anyway.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
we're homo sapiens

it comes naturally
:rofl1:
We have to be the best species at both survival and ensuring we don't survive. We build houses and nations to be safe. We then build the means to flatten them all with nuclear missiles etc.

Do you really wish to try the theory or would you rather have some sage advice to guide you?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Not male? Not NT? Don't like sophomoric british humour? Not into sci-fi or parodies thereof?

I'm not male or NT, but I love sophomoric British humo(u)r (The Young Ones! Love it). Sci-fi, maybe I just like it because I married an NT who's way into it. No, now that I think of it, I was reading it as a teen before I met him. And good parody is always fun.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
:rofl1:
We have to be the best species at both survival and ensuring we don't survive. We build houses and nations to be safe. We then build the means to flatten them all with nuclear missiles etc.

Do you really wish to try the theory or would you rather have some sage advice to guide you?

all sages are homo sapiens

id be ok

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
all sages are homo sapiens
True but how many couch potatoes who care about TV shows know anything about survival?

It would be wise to speak to a survival expert to learn about survival and remember the little lessons about don't eat THAT mushroom etc etc.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm not male or NT, but I love sophomoric British humo(u)r (The Young Ones! Love it). Sci-fi, maybe I just like it because I married an NT who's way into it. No, now that I think of it, I was reading it as a teen before I met him. And good parody is always fun.

If you liked the Young Ones, have you seen Bottom? (the series, not your actual backside).

-Geoff

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
If you liked the Young Ones, have you seen Bottom? (the series, not your actual backside).

-Geoff

Never heard of it. I'll look for it on your recommendation, though. :)

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Never heard of it. I'll look for it on your recommendation, though. :)

Can find it via the tvlinks site that digest referenced on INTPC. It stars Ade and Rik from the Young Ones, basically with the same humour.

-Geoff

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Good call. Hard to beat.

I would probably go for them as well, but if I didn't:

Arrested development (assuming they were all of the season 1 + 2 quality, NOT season 3)

Monkey magic

Family guy

Near misses: the Iron Chef, Firefly (assuming more seasons were made), Astroboy.

Is Monkey Magic the 70's/80's BBC dubbed Chinese Buddhist Martial arts rather camp series? If so, I might be tempted...

-Geoff

ArtlessFuture

MBTI Type
INFP
I too would choose a laptop w/ internet...then you could just watch youtube all day if you wanted!

Anyway playing by the rules:

LOST (its not badly written, you just have to watch from the beginning)
Mystery Science Theatre 3000
Family Guy

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Get on piratebay.org right now and download that torrent, young lady!