• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Big Lebowski

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Walter : This isn't nam, this is bowling. There are rules.

or (not quoted word for word)

Dude : My briefcase was also in the car
Officer : And what was inside the briefcase?
Dude : OH, well, you know, uh.. My papers, business papers...
Officer : And what do you do?
Dude : I'm unemployed.

Brilliant movie. Definately in my top five.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
One of my favorite movies ever.

(Intruder uncovers bowling ball: )
Intruder: What the fuck is this?
Dude: Obviously, you're not a golfer.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think this movie is very funny, but it would not make even my Top 5 for Coen Bros. movies.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
My favorite scene has got to be when they're all watching the dude's landlord perform theatre, and Walter has to quiet his "shut the fuck up donny!"

The way he whispers it with malice in his voice just gets me rolling on the floor every time!:yim_rolling_on_the_

I think the funniest part about that scene is that Walter (being a hardcore SJ) is wearing a suit.

One must always dress nice for theater, it doesn't matter whether it's Carnegie Hall or a shitty community theater doing an avant garde piece

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I think the funniest part about that scene is that Walter (being a hardcore SJ) is wearing a suit.

One must always dress nice for theater, it doesn't matter whether it's Carnegie Hall or a shitty community theater doing an avant garde piece

I completely forgot that he was wearing a suit. That was just before they were going to the kids house to harass him. Didn't he want to seem like an investigator? If he did, he pulled it off pretty well... until he started bashing in the neighbors windshield and yelling, "this is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!"

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[the Dude, Walter, and Donny walk out of the bowling alley, to find the three Nihilists waiting in front of the Dude's car, which has been torched]
The Dude: Well, they finally did it. They killed my fucking car.
Nihilist: Ve vant ze money, Lebowski.
Nihilist #2: Ja, uzzervize ve kill ze girl.
Nihilist #3: Ja, it seems you have forgotten our little deal, Lebowski.
The Dude: You don't HAVE the fucking girl, dipshits! We know you never did!
[the Nihilists, stunned, confer amongst themselves in German]
Donny: Are these the Nazis, Walter?
Walter Sobchak: No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.

The last line cracks me up everytime. LOVE this movie :wubbie:

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Also another favorite part is when the Dude and Walter are arguing about him driving on sabbath.

Walter Sobchak: I'm saying, I see what you're getting at, Dude, he kept the money. My point is, here we are, it's shabbas, the sabbath, which I'm allowed to break only if it's a matter of life or death...

The Dude: Will you come off it, Walter? You're not even fucking Jewish, man.

Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talkin' about?

The Dude: Man, you're fucking Polish Catholic...

Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talking about? I converted when I married Cynthia! Come on, Dude!

The Dude: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...

Walter Sobchak: And you know this!

The Dude: Yeah, and five fucking years ago you were divorced.

Walter Sobchak: So what are you saying? When you get divorced you turn in your library card? You get a new license? You stop being Jewish?

The Dude: It's all a part of your sick Cynthia thing, man. Taking care of her fucking dog. Going to her fucking synagogue. You're living in the fucking past.

Walter Sobchak: Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax. You're goddamn right I'm living in the fucking past!

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm getting married soon and I want to work some BL quotes into my speech. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I'm getting married soon and I want to work some BL quotes into my speech. Has anyone got any suggestions?

I think a Walter-esque diatribe about about Vietnam is in order. "I got buddies who died face-down in the muck so you and I can enjoy this little wedding here"

.. May be a tithe obscure.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Priest: Do you take this special lady to be your lawful wedded wife?

You: She's not my special lady, she's my fucking lady friend. I'm just helping her conceive, man!

Willfrey: Good one about the Sabbath. :jew: :laugh:

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think a Walter-esque diatribe about about Vietnam is in order. "I got buddies who died face-down in the muck so you and I can enjoy this little wedding here"

.. May be a tithe obscure.

I like it, however it may be a tad too subtle :)

Perhaps whilst I'm running the best man down I could say:

For hobbies, he bowls, drives around and has the occasional acid flashback.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
This movie is full of little gems of dialogue, or maybe it's just one large glittering gem...

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Walter Sobchak: I told those fucks down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!
Donny: What's Shabbos?
Walter Sobchak: Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit
[shouts] don't fucking roll! Shomer shabbos!

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
i found the movie to be tedious, a sort of absurdist look at the lives of a provincial characters.