• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movie of the Month Club

T

ThatGirl

I agree for the most part except for the fact they are not a single stone. They consciously decide to become an immovable object like a log laying in the middle of the road. People crash into it, because it is stagnant and is out of place. Then they attribute their position (very very F thing to do no offence) to some sort of higher calling. Basically they receive the validation they need to remain a huge lump of nothing standing in everyone's way. This reinforces the size of the log.

Of course the waves start crashing. And if the wave is the person, there is only so many times it can crash before it wears itself down and out. This is where the log gets to say, "See, I cannot be moved, because you were meant to crash." (puke)

This whole philosophy, bugs the living shit out of me. Lol, I guess I would be more like the Evil guy in that movie. I cannot stand people who don't just fucking move, then attribute their position to a higher calling. I.E. looking back to say, see, you crashed because I couldn't be moved, while I tend to believe, why didn't you just move?

This dynamic happens all the time irl with people who believe themselves to be powerful. It absolutely is about being a single stone.

Strip away all justification, etc, and you see the people who don't budge are the ones creating conflict, then because they stand through it, they become the judgers of that conflict. I am reminded of the saying, "Never argue with a fool because they will knock you down to their level and beat you with experience." The whole thing is a self serving game.

Basically, if the priest wasn't such a goddamned idiot, he wouldn't have received even half the amount of conflict that he did. He could have found better ways to solve the issue.

Instead, he made the situations (all of them) worse, by both causing and allowing people to take out their rage, in some passive aggressive war. The whole psychology of it makes my skin crawl. The whole point missed, because I can't seem to see beyond that.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree for the most part except for the fact they are not a single stone. They consciously decide to become an immovable object like a log laying in the middle of the road. People crash into it, because it is stagnant and is out of place. Then they attribute their position (very very F thing to do no offence) to some sort of higher calling. Basically they receive the validation they need to remain a huge lump of nothing standing in everyone's way. This reinforces the size of the log.

Of course the waves start crashing. And if the wave is the person, there is only so many times it can crash before it wears itself down and out. This is where the log gets to say, "See, I cannot be moved, because you were meant to crash." (puke)

This whole philosophy, bugs the living shit out of me. Lol, I guess I would be more like the Evil guy in that movie. I cannot stand people who don't just fucking move, then attribute their position to a higher calling. I.E. looking back to say, see, you crashed because I couldn't be moved, while I tend to believe, why didn't you just move?

This dynamic happens all the time irl with people who believe themselves to be powerful. It absolutely is about being a single stone.

Strip away all justification, etc, and you see the people who don't budge are the ones creating conflict, then because they stand through it, they become the judgers of that conflict. I am reminded of the saying, "Never argue with a fool because they will knock you down to their level and beat you with experience." The whole thing is a self serving game.

Basically, if the priest wasn't such a goddamned idiot, he wouldn't have received even half the amount of conflict that he did. He could have found better ways to solve the issue.

Instead, he made the situations (all of them) worse, by both causing and allowing people to take out their rage, in some passive aggressive war. The whole psychology of it makes my skin crawl. The whole point missed, because I can't seem to see beyond that.

That read like an ExxP's rant on IxxJ's for shiz, :rofl1: and about a character in a film who clearly wasn't an IJ, and had a tumor rewiring his brain straight for crazy town. :crazy:

I know it's a personal projection derail, but I do feel your general frustration, and yes he clearly was an (N)F on account of his blind idealism. NFs are fully capable of doing stupid as well as any other type with our own special flavor of crazy.

I'm a woman of faith and ideals, but I'm a woman of confirmed reality, too. :shrug:

I think this thread had a rocky start. We are the only two people who watched the movie and I rather liked it!

How can we encourage participation? ...

I bet if you changed the title to <RANDOM BODY PART> Appreciation Thread we'd get more hits than a nervous trick in Charlie Sheen's hotel room.

T

ThatGirl

Lol, you do know I started that trend....:whistling:

Just kidding. I had someone PM me with the first movie suggestion being Crazy as Hell. So I figure that could be our next movie. I will also add the other two movie suggestions to the OP and start a line up.

If we review them.....people will come.....

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
fern_gully_last_rainforest.jpg

Perhaps can we put this one into the maybe pile?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, you do know I started that trend....:whistling:

Just kidding. I had someone PM me with the first movie suggestion being Crazy as Hell. So I figure that could be our next movie. I will also add the other two movie suggestions to the OP and start a line up.

If we review them.....people will come.....

I'm game.

fern_gully_last_rainforest.jpg

Perhaps can we put this one into the maybe pile?

Please don't hate me for liking that movie.

I was 12!

Waiting for your Children of Men review, teeg...

Is that a legitimate proposition? Shall we add it to the list?

No pr0n flix plz.

T

ThatGirl

Waiting for your Children of Men review, teeg...

It is number two on my netflix list.

I will add it to the list, and also Sunshine, because someone recommended it.

Discussion for Crazy as Hell begins this Saturday. I have to wait for it to be delivered......stupid netflix.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Is that a legitimate proposition? Shall we add it to the list?

Oh this is a cooperative effort... Well, I've seen it (several times) and love it. I thought this was just a thread for Teeg to tell us about Fern Gully.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is number two on my netflix list.

I will add it to the list, and also Sunshine, because someone recommended it.

Discussion for Crazy as Hell begins this Saturday. I have to wait for it to be delivered......stupid netflix.

orly? Speeding things up are we? I'll see if it's at the local Blockbuster in that case. Join on in the fun Ignite!

T

ThatGirl

orly? Speeding things up are we? I'll see if it's at the local Blockbuster in that case. Join on in the fun Ignite!

:( I can't help it. If anyone needs more time, post it, and I will hold the discussion date.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:( I can't help it. If anyone needs more time, post it, and I will hold the discussion date.

I'm fine. The other forumites are missing out with their slovenly keystrokes. Let them eat cake!

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Update: The Cake Eaters has been added to the movie list.

That is all.

Oh dear lord, that is a real movie. I just checked.

R u srs?

Also, I attempted to shame the Ventrilo chatters into participating rather than frittering their time away chat texting. Their unresponsive silence was clearly my victory.