• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movie of the Month Club

T

ThatGirl

Okay, so I had this idea after the book club thread. Mostly because, I don't really have the time (well I have more time now), but not really the patience to sit down and read books these days.

So a movie only takes 2 hours from your life.

I think it would still be cool to analyze plot lines etc.

Just don't expect me to run this thing. Since I often come and go at will from the forum.

What should the first movie be? I like analytical, cerebral junk.

Movie Line Up:

Reconstruction

The tales of Hoffman (ballet)

Children of Men

101 Reykjavik

Sunshine

The Cake Eaters

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, so I had this idea after the book club thread. Mostly because, I don't really have the time (well I have more time now), but not really the patience to sit down and read books these days.

So a movie only takes 2 hours from your life.

I think it would still be cool to analyze plot lines etc.

Just don't expect me to run this thing. Since I often come and go at will from the forum.

ROFL.
Nice.

"I really think we should do this -- but I don't want to be the one to invest the time to be in charge."

Well, maybe you will find someone who thinks the idea is great and will be happy to take the ball and run.
I think it's kind of a cool idea, and easier than the Book Club thing.

Jaguar

Wow! Two posts in a row that don't mention Fi or Fe! :laugh:
By the way TG, you're here enough to 'run the show' in this case.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0bikF2KYjY"]Adam's Aebbler[/YOUTUBE]

T

ThatGirl

Ha! Wtf?

You submitted first. Adam's Apples it is.

I can watch it on instant Netflix too.

What do we need, like a week for everyone to view it?

That way we can all submit without killing it for those who haven't viewed yet.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha! Wtf?

You submitted first. Adam's Apples it is.

I can watch it on instant Netflix too.

What do we need, like a week for everyone to view it?

That way we can all submit without killing it for those who haven't viewed yet.

That sounds good to me. The instant Netflix version has the subtitles right?

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4

Saw it. Not a very memorable movie. I cant remember anything really. If you want good danish movie go for Reconstruction.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAaWPd3JMew"]1[/YOUTUBE]

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This sounds like fun! How do we decide on a movie? Poll? Thread discussion?

T

ThatGirl

Who ever suggests first, I will put the line up in the OP.

The goal is to discuss movies, not view them for the first time. A recap never hurt anyone.

I just finished watching Adam's Apples.

.....Lmao!

Last edited:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who ever suggests first, I will put the line up in the OP.

The goal is to discuss movies, not view them for the first time. A recap never hurt anyone.

I just finished watching Adam's Apples.

.....Lmao!

:laugh: It's been a long time. I'll watch it now with my breakfast.

T

ThatGirl

A week is too long.

Okay my assessment of this movie was this.

The characters were alright. The end plot line completely predictable.

What I found most interesting was that some times defense mechanisms are put into effect for certain reasons. The man who considered himself evil was the one who found a way to penetrate the defensive nature of the priest in an effort to destroy him.

I found it interesting (yet again predictable) that upon destroying the priest the man soon learned himself the value of the priests place within the community.

Though that doesn't really depict true evil does it?

I mean if the man truly were evil why should he care about the lives of others?

This notates that the man himself was the one with his own defense mechanism. Seeing the priest as the threat who was looking to infiltrate his own views and standards.

The moral being that two people can share the same issues but that good always wins out over evil intent.

This is fine but I thought the idea that god is somehow responsible for organizing the greater good, left the movie losing the original point and content. It was a good point, but in the end it said, the point is because there is a greater force at hand. Kind of dilutes the message if you ask me.

The idea he converted at the end of the movie taught me one of three things, he looks a lot worse with hair, this movie is a lot like The Trouble With Angels, and could have used a better plot line.

Why go from one extreme to the other? This movie implies that people want to be saved, or that if you allow someone to take out all their rage on you eventually they will become part of the side you are on.

Thought?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A week is too long.

LOL

This is fine but I thought the idea that god is somehow responsible for organizing the greater good, left the movie losing the original point and content. It was a good point, but in the end it said, the point is because there is a greater force at hand. Kind of dilutes the message if you ask me.

Are you saying you think the idea was that God is the greater force at hand or any greater force is at hand, such as the inanity, complexity, and inevitability of human behavior for example?

The idea he converted at the end of the movie taught me one of three things, he looks a lot worse with hair, this movie is a lot like The Trouble With Angels, and could have used a better plot line.

Why go from one extreme to the other? This movie implies that people want to be saved, or that if you allow someone to take out all their rage on you eventually they will become part of the side you are on.

Thought?

It did devolve into a bit of an ITJ/EFP bromance, but it was effing hilarious.

I'm not sure that it conveyed with any certainty that people can hate you till they love you. It struck me more as 'even completely irrational, delusional clingers-on to faith can be right sometimes' (like a broken clock is twice a day) because they are impervious to the nuances of greater context and erroneously credit their own rock-like tenacity (i.e. faith or tunnel-vision) for parting the waves (i.e. people) that crash against them. They're too daft to realize that the forces of "Mother Nature" (the clash of human behaviors playing themselves out) are vastly superior and responsible for the motions of the ocean (meaning they are by no means a single stone, stopping the ocean in its tracks).

Yanno?