• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kat needs a pompous pseudonym

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
The most obvious villain name in literature I can think of is: Malvolio (or Malvolo), meaning malevolent. Shakespeare used it. J.K.Rawling used it. It's a classic.

Maleficent! oh she's my favourite! she has the most wonderful laugh!

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As some of you might now, I'm trying to write a book and get it published one day. But there is one problem: my name. I have a unpronounceable and unspellable hookername and I don't think many people would like to read a book from an Eastern European hooker, now would they? Anyways, I have already chosen a last name to use when I want to publish my stuff, and now all I want is a first name for my pseudonym. The things I demand for my pseudonym's first name:

• It should be masculine. Men sell more books than women and win more prizes, because people think they have a penis. So it would be a good thing if my pseudonym can make people think I have a penis.

True! Better chance of it getting reviewed, too!
Screen-shot-2011-02-14-at-10.46.51-AM-e1297711406923.jpg

Most names are too normal

Its tricky to be abnormal, but international and spellable and pompously sinister. I offer these to you, maybe you could combine them with a middle name to make them more pompous.

Balthazar
Ilarion
Maksim
Constantine
Revaz
Saman
Etibar

The names I had in mind at the moment were Dionysus (because it means "drunk")
:laugh: Makes me think of Halla.
I like Dionysus, though. :)

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
But then again, you should market your books with women rather then men.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not writing chicklit and I would never want my audience to be all-female. It would be a nightmare if men wouldn't read my stuff.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i do like Azrael. in addition to being an evil cat, he is also the angel of death. :yes:

wiki said:
Azrael is usually described in Islamic sources as subordinate to the will of God "with the most profound reverence."[4] In Jewish mysticism he is identified as the embodiment of evil, not necessarily or specifically evil itself.[1] [...] In one of his forms, he has four faces and four thousand wings, and his whole body consists of eyes and tongues, the number of which corresponds to the number of people inhabiting the Earth. He will be the last to die, recording and erasing constantly in a large book the names of men at birth and death, respectively.

i like Iblis as well, and Mephistopheles, but they are a bit more demonic. i would read a book by a Mephistopheles just because i would wonder what kind of person someone whose parents are crazy enough to name them that would be.