• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Survivor Redemption

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
So... Because I have nothing better to do... I am following Jeff Probst's Twitter. I'm having a really hard time following the #Survivor channel where he is answering questions though, it moves too fast. But I thought I'd copy/past anything I found interesting for you guys.

Jeff's quotes:

In response to what the girls offered to Rob at the Redemption Island challenge:
We never expected or anticipated these moments when we created the RI Arena. It totally changes the dynamics of the game.

A to Q - Matt sits on his ass most the day at RI. There is nothing to do! that's part of it - the boredom - surviving it

Someone asked how bad the survivors smell:
you can smell the fire on their clothes at challenges - REEK of smoke. Always the same smell.

He really doesn't seem to like how much shit people are giving Phillip.
Say what you want, Phillip is aware of what's going on.. and if people disregard he could really mess up their game at the end
Come on tell the truth - you know you'd be up for dinner with Phillip - the dude is fascinating and so earnest
don't underestimate Phillip... warning you... the guy could blow up and screw it all up. He's got a lion and a gorilla !!!

It was very windy that night... and a storm brewing. TC can last 45- 90 minutes depending on the night.
Holy shit... We see like 5 minutes out of 90?!

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Holy shit... We see like 5 minutes out of 90?!

I remember reading (in an interview with Mark Burnett) that they have about 130 hours of footage per episode that is reduced to the 44 minutes we actually see. Probably 90% of that is pretty boring, but no doubt there's stuff that would be influential but doesn't fit into the narrative they weave.

David seems pretty smart. I hope they give him more air time.

David seemed quite insecure about his "skillz" ... he has a hot button for sure, so we'll see if someone exploits that over time.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I remember reading (in an interview with Mark Burnett) that they have about 130 hours of footage per episode that is reduced to the 44 minutes we actually see. Probably 90% of that is pretty boring, but no doubt there's stuff that would be influential but doesn't fit into the narrative they weave.

Yeah. I'm sure most of the time sitting around the island is downtime. But the only reason to sit at Tribal Council for an hour is because there is actually discussion going on. I feel like it would be hard to splice that down to 5-10 minutes.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1. The switcheroo BostonRob pulled was hillarious. He totally outgames the rest of his tribe. Lol.

2. Interesting above info demostrating the nice editing of Tribal Counsel. I had no idea it lasted that long.

3. The Ometepe tribe are starting to get sloppy. Sending the two "outsider" girls to watch the RI challenge was ignorant. Should have split them up.

MBTI Enthusiast

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow. Yeah, it seems that the Ometepe tribe has gone downhill since Russell left. I don't really see them pulling out of it, unless there is a puzzle challenge and David beats Rob. I'm sad because now David has probably put himself on the outs with his tribe. I want to see him do well. Hopefully he's able to put his brain to use and can stick it out.

Phillip is kinda getting better in my eyes, since now he's not being portrayed as weirdly and he does seem to know what's going on. I agree that if his tribe votes him out before those lazy girls, then that will be annoying. Phillip=ESTJ or ISTJ? He IS all about "duty".

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Yeah. Serves Ometepe right.

It makes me a little sad that the survivors get to know who is on Redemption Island. How crazy would it be if the blond kid just walked back on and no one was expecting it? He got voted off, what, week 2? Do you guys think he could make it the whole way? I think he'll come back in at the merge.

I still hate Phillip. But I agree that he does make the show more interesting. Kind of like a loose cannon and you don't know what he's going to do.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ I think with the edit Matt is getting, he will. I do have a special love for dark horses ... so therefore am hoping Stephanie can beat him at RI next week. But with the edit Matt is getting, I doubt it.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Although she is a total little weasel, I am kinda sad to see Stephanie gone. She was the only thing of interest with what now remains of her tribe.

As to the other tribe the lazy "beauty queens" are getting on my nerves and I would like to see one of them voted off.

Im kinda rooting for Agent Phill (funny how they put a question mark next to his job title when they interview him e.g. Phillip. Federal Agent? but I still find Rob to be the most entertaining to watch and listen to the candor of his game strategy.

F

FigerPuppet

Currently watching the new episode, but the two do-nothings on Phillip's tribe are irritating me so much I have to vent here to my fellow lowbrow vermin. I would have lost my temper and put on my crazy-face if Ashley had talked that way to me, so I respect Phil for being able to keep his cool.

And I wouldn't use David as my attorney even if he threw himself at my feet and offered to pay me.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Currently watching the new episode, but the two do-nothings on Phillip's tribe are irritating me so much I have to vent here to my fellow lowbrow vermin. I would have lost my temper and put on my crazy-face if Ashley had talked that way to me, so I respect Phil for being able to keep his cool.

And I wouldn't use David as my attorney even if he threw himself at my feet and offered to pay me.

lol, I'm watching it right now as well. I want to strangle the 2 chicks. I'm REALLY sad that Stephanie gets voted out( I check whose leaving before I start every episode--I hate the suspense )

you have a crazy face, huh smiley? :laugh:

F

figsfiggyfigs

Seriously... Zapaterais full of freaking idiots. How childish are these supposed adults? They're behaving like teenagers.

GO DAVE!! WOOOT!

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I was a little surprised that Agent Phil was aware of The Book of Five Rings. Too bad he didn't apply its principles

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Seriously... Zapaterais full of freaking idiots. How childish are these supposed adults? They're behaving like teenagers.

GO DAVE!! WOOOT!

They're doing things backwards. Early game you're supposed to keep the strongest/most likely to win challenges. Thats when they got rid of the strong guys. Late game (when you get close to having 10 people because you know thats around when the merge will happen) you keep the loyal people for the merge. They just got rid of a loyal member the week before the merge.

As much as my initial instinct is to not like Matt, the fact that he's owned Redemption Island makes me want him to win.

Phillip is too terrible at challenges to make it after the merge. He's going to annoy the shit out of people, and they're going to vote him off just to get him the hell out. I'm just not looking forward to the final tribal council when he gets to question the final 3.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I IS FREAKING PUMPED

The odds of Matt losing to Cerita is very low, however, depending on the game they choose... I just hope that mat stays. He owns.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I IS FREAKING PUMPED

The odds of Matt losing to Cerita is very low, however, depending on the game they choose... I just hope that mat stays. He owns.

They said on the previews that he hurt his foot, though. Thats probably just to make it look less obvious that he's going to destroy her... But he getted hurty'd.

Im a little surprised they didn't put a hidden immunity idol on redemption island. I expected to see some elaborate 20-clue treasure hunt for them to do SOMETHING in their down-time. Plus, coming into the game with zero alliances... You might need it.

MBTI Enthusiast

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
GO DAVE!! WOOOT!
Yeah!! I am still rooting for him, even though he's losing his social game and is not being portrayed as super cool anymore.

They're doing things backwards. Early game you're supposed to keep the strongest/most likely to win challenges. Thats when they got rid of the strong guys. Late game (when you get close to having 10 people because you know thats around when the merge will happen) you keep the loyal people for the merge. They just got rid of a loyal member the week before the merge.

As much as my initial instinct is to not like Matt, the fact that he's owned Redemption Island makes me want him to win.

Phillip is too terrible at challenges to make it after the merge. He's going to annoy the shit out of people, and they're going to vote him off just to get him the hell out. I'm just not looking forward to the final tribal council when he gets to question the final 3.

Good points. Zapatera screwed themselves after voting off Russell. Serves 'em right. :p I also like Matt, even though (or maybe because?) he's like a reincarnation of Fabio. I hope he does well. Phillip will probably be voted out, unless Rob decides to work his magic and take him to the finals.

YES! Thank you for reminding me about the fact that Phillip will be at least on the jury! I'm so pumped for his questioning! It will undoubtedly be hilarious!

Im a little surprised they didn't put a hidden immunity idol on redemption island. I expected to see some elaborate 20-clue treasure hunt for them to do SOMETHING in their down-time. Plus, coming into the game with zero alliances... You might need it.

Another good point. That would be fun to see. Although then they would have so much more to squeeze into the hour, I don't know how they'd do it. Maybe they'll just give the redemption island winner an immunity idol as a reward. That'd be cool.

F

figsfiggyfigs

GOD DAMN IT! I HATE THE FORUM FRIEND'S FEED!!! I HAVENT WATCHED THE EPISODE YET, AND THE FIRST THING I SEE IS BEEFYS DAMN POST!! GOD DAMN IT

<rages>

Beorn

Permabanned
GOD DAMN IT! I HATE THE FORUM FRIEND'S FEED!!! I HAVENT WATCHED THE EPISODE YET, AND THE FIRST THING I SEE IS BEEFYS DAMN POST!! GOD DAMN IT

<rages>

YOU'RE WELCOME!

I'm glad we're friends, too! :D

Seriously, why does it matter when you watch the end first anyway?