• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Super Smash Brothers

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Ice Climbers will CRUSH YOUR SOUL!!!!

To victory!!!!

I'm always intimidated by the hardcore gamers.

Two MBTIc members have posted in this thread who use their favorite Smash characters as their avatars -- does that make us hardcore?

Because if so, you have nothing to worry about. From me at least. :D

I'm also a hardcore trash talker. Does that count?

TheLivingCouch

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Brawl is an amazing game. I have been a Kirby player ever since the original SSB and have never looked back. I was so relieved after finding out that he'd been vastly improved over his Melee counterpart. I play him pretty well if I do say so myself but I'm far from great.

Also Ice Climbers... yeah. They are really nasty in the right hands. Hard to play effectively but very nice in action.

DynamicG

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm a big smash player going way back, although I'm sadly not exceptionally good. I try, but it doesn't work out.

I mean, I'm good enough to take out a few scrubs or some casual players, but I always get wiped around the arena by my friends who are actually good.

These days I play mainly with Wario and King Dedede. I like the big bruiser types who take forever to hit...but when they do hit...it's nearly always a home run!

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
In Brawl, I have gotten really good at Sonic.
His homing attack is awesome!

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
64 - Kirby
Cube - Kirby/Captain Falcon

Although I think Pikachu was probably the best user character, but I never got the hang of him.

nzAShadow

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
They took soo many of my favorite elements out of ssbb that was in ssbm...

I still love brawl though.

Am I the only ganon in brawl here?

nzAShadow

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Anyone know a character who has great success against zelda?

I've never played against another player who uses Zelda, but I can make a few guesses. I'd assume Ness or Lucas could do well, at least if the Zelda you're fighting likes their farore's wind. Both of their down b's could help out. I'd have to say slow bulky characters will have trouble with her, her smashes usually have a lag affect so too hard to spot dodge, and her down smash is ridiculously fast.

Other than that I'm not too sure.

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Who here finds this game to be extremely appealing?
I have had both the older games since they came out and am going to be 'first on line' for Brawl this Sunday. :happy:
However, ever since I got to college, I can no longer consider myself a superstar at the game.
There are some people I know who seem to need the game as much as food and water.

For those who are interested..

Personality Type: INFP
Best Character(s) in Smash: Pikachu (N64), Pikachu + Marth (N64 & GameCube)

I personally can't wait to play Pikachu for Brawl. He will be shocking.

ENFJ here. I'm good with Pikachu, Pit, Ike, Marth, but when I play as Falco I smack people across the screen like it's my job.

Didums

No Meta Knight fans?! jeez you people are wierd! Meta Knight can successfully counter any character with ease once you understand how to play him correctly.

Captain Falcon has great combination attacks (side-b then up-b just owns). The only down side is that he pretty much announces his attacks for everyone to hear lol.

Get rid of Snake from the game... by far the cheapest character.

King Dedede's hammer just owns face, every time i get a Side-A smash on someone i yell "BOOM!"

Marth was good in Melee but just sucks now :(

Ike, (replaced Roy I think) can do some sick damage but he's just too predictable.

<3 Kirby

Okay i'm done

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I LOVE Meta Knight!

I like to play as Olimar and shout, "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!"

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
No Meta Knight fans?! jeez you people are wierd! Meta Knight can successfully counter any character with ease once you understand how to play him correctly.
He may have some problems with Zamus.

Captain Falcon has great combination attacks (side-b then up-b just owns). The only down side is that he pretty much announces his attacks for everyone to hear lol.
Lol, that and they took his quadruple Uair/Nair combos out!

Get rid of Snake from the game... by far the cheapest character.
Nah, he's got his weaknesses. Not very great aerial game and inflexible smashes. Very fun character to play overall though.

King Dedede's hammer just owns face, every time i get a Side-A smash on someone i yell "BOOM!"
Lol, his F-tilt is SO fun to be cheap with.

Marth was good in Melee but just sucks now :(
They nerfed him, but he is a little bit faster in brawl so once you get past the low range, he should be great.

Ike, (replaced Roy I think) can do some sick damage but he's just too predictable.
Yeah, the choices are lacking and I end up spamming the jab combo when in trouble.

My fav is wolf. Damn his moves are sweeeet.

Kanamori

For 64, I play best with Link, then Cpt. Falcon, then Luigi. I love trying to get people with the improved penny-uppercut.

Marth is my best character in Melee.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I play falco and mario on brawl.

I seem to be better technically when I play mario (with my dodging and stuff) but more creative with falco (though I tend to suicide...)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I generally play as Pikachu, Kirby, and occasionally Jigglypuff (and maybe Zelda).

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Melee is amazing. Brawl is just a FAILURE. Melee was good because it had Guilty-Gear-like speed and combos. (In fact, I'd love to see Captain Falcon vs. Sol Badguy!) Brawl is just "hit me, now get hit back".