• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Grammar Girl

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I love this site, but I don't recommend listening to all of the five minute podcasts in one day. Since I did, and now I have a headache.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure that I will have a nightmare tonight that will involve something splitting my infinitive; but I'm hoping for a positive contraction. Either way, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips

logan235711

MBTI Type
INTJ
pretty cool site, though most of it's basic mistakes, I didn't see anything too advanced yet (but I'm still looking, maybe I'll be surprised?!)

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
pretty cool site, though most of it's basic mistakes, I didn't see anything too advanced yet (but I'm still looking, maybe I'll be surprised?!)

Well, judging by the grammatical errors in that post, perhaps you do need some assistance.

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm disappointed that Grammar Girl is not Rajah, 'cause that would have been sweet. :smooch:

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
Maybe she is...
If she is, then she is using the cover name Mignon Fogarty and wearing a Mission: Impossible-quality disguise. (Watch her TV interview.)

Of course, that would make Rajah even more awesome. Shades of Sydney Bristow!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Maybe she is, in a metaphysical way.

In a sense, there's a little Rajah in all of us.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe she is, in a metaphysical way.

In a sense, there's a little Rajah in all of us.

You can get away with saying that because Rajah is female.

Otherwise I'd be making some sexual comment right now.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You can get away with saying that because Rajah is female.

Otherwise I'd be making some sexual comment right now.

You know, I posted that, and I was musing "how long will it take for Mac to make a sexual comment about that?" I am impressed with your speed.

I am listening to "e.g. vs. i.e." right now. This chick's a little too "OMG Becky, look, at her, butt, it is liek, seau, big." I can't imagine Rajah sounds like this.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
haha

Apparently, I sound like I'm 14...

Just addin' to the Grammar Girl mystique.

- Mignon Rajah

P.S. I approve of Ivy's sexually-tinged comments. :yes: Not Mac's. :dont:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Haven't listened to Rajah.. sorry.. not Rajah's grammar girl podcasts, but is it like Eats, shoots and leaves?

I find this sort of stuff a bit pedantic, mostly. OK, so in a job I have to have immaculate presentation in professional writing, but not on the world wide wait.

As an aside, funny how business/corporate English is divorcing itself from traditional correctness. For example, my employer would use PS and eg and not P.S. and e.g. (which I believe is a common modification).

-Geoff

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Oh, the latest episode on "Less versus Fewer" was pure genius.

Genius, I say!